OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I took a break, felt I might've been responding too harshly. I was responding to your very general comment about darnold fans making themselves feel better. I'm not sure what that meant still. It seems a bit too vague and generalized to fit as a response to "hes doing well for a rookie" Separately from that I still feel your reasoning was flawed , I dont think it's a big deal tho so I should stop being a **** about it

No it's not a big deal.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Comparing Sam to Mahomes seems extremely unfair to me.

Say what you want about Andy Reid being Andy Reid but the man is a good football coach and has absolutely helped put Mahomes in a great position to succeed.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pat and he's so much fun to watch but he's had quite a bit more to work with. Tyreek, Kelce and Hunt as weapons are so much better than whatever dreck the Jets have its not even funny.

You're talking arguably the most elite set in the league vs a bunch of guys who pump gas on the NJ turnpike on off days. :laugh:

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Jets fans making themselves feel better about Sam Darnold are off base. This isn't 98, it's not even 08. It's easier to be a rookie QB than ever. Mahomes is not a rookie, but this is his first season with actual playing time. Dak Prescott was great in his rookie year. Carson Wentz was pretty good. The first two had better supporting casts, but the idea that a rookie QB has to be complete garbage is an outdated one. And it's not like Darnold was some huge project. Plus, he had a ton of picks in college, he's just continuing it into the NFL. He'll be a good, not great QB, IMO.
Jared Goff was awful his rookie year - Rams had fewest points in NFL that year. He was great the next year - Rams had most points in NFL. Maybe it had something to do with the change at Head Coach? You then said Dak Prescott was good his rookie year - behind the best offensive line in the NFL. How has he been since? It might be easier to be a rookie QB in the NFL as in the past but not if your offenese is completely devoid of talent. Look at the Jets history of drafting offensive players in the past 20 years, or rather complete lack of it.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Don't get me wrong, I love Pat and he's so much fun to watch but he's had quite a bit more to work with. Tyreek, Kelce and Hunt as weapons are so much better than whatever dreck the Jets have its not even funny.

You're talking arguably the most elite set in the league vs a bunch of guys who pump gas on the NJ turnpike on off days. :laugh:
Sammy Watkins would easily be the #1 receiver on the Jets and he's not even good enough to make your list of KC receivers.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Was nice seeing Eli do it in the 4th quarter potentially one last time.

This f***ing franchise gave me multiple championships. Kinda puts things in perspective.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Guy on MNF with a blatant falsehood.

Eli most certainly has made the playoffs in non-SB years. It's that he hasn't won a playoff game in non SB years.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Guy on MNF with a blatant falsehood.

Eli most certainly has made the playoffs in non-SB years. It's that he hasn't won a playoff game in non SB years.

This guy is f***ing awful. First of all, it's painful to listen to him. Maybe only Emmit Smith is the only TV personality that I've heard butcher the English language worse. There are plenty of NFL players that can sound semi-intelligent. Plus he says the dumbest shit. The guy has no redeeming qualities.

As far as this game goes, I'll pull a Machinehead and say winning against one of the worst teams in the league and playing like shit is not that satisfying considering it hurts draft position. That said we were never going to be worse than the Raiders.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This guy is ****ing awful. First of all, it's painful to listen to him. Maybe only Emmit Smith is the only TV personality that I've heard butcher the English worse. There are plenty of NFL players that can sound semi-intelligent. Plus he says the dumbest ****. The guy has no redeeming qualities.

As far as this game goes, I'll pull a Machinehead and say winning against one of the worst teams in the league and playing like **** is not that satisfying considering it hurts draft position. That said we were never going to be worse than the Raiders.

But I'm softer on the Giants because they gave me multiple championships. So did the Yankees. Maybe I'm just spoiled by success elsewhere and expect too much of the Rangers.

But then again, I feel like blaming myself is just letting the Rangers off easy.

I don't know anymore.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This guy is ****ing awful. First of all, it's painful to listen to him. Maybe only Emmit Smith is the only TV personality that I've heard butcher the English worse. There are plenty of NFL players that can sound semi-intelligent. Plus he says the dumbest ****. The guy has no redeeming qualities.

As far as this game goes, I'll pull a Machinehead and say winning against one of the worst teams in the league and playing like **** is not that satisfying considering it hurts draft position. That said we were never going to be worse than the Raiders.

Emmit Smith is a national treasure.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
But I'm softer on the Giants because they gave me multiple championships. So did the Yankees. Maybe I'm just spoiled by success elsewhere and expect too much of the Rangers.

But then again, I feel like blaming myself is just letting the Rangers off easy.

I don't know anymore.

Yeah well, I'm extremely worried we'll waste the careers of two all-time great players. Also, there's no one in the NHL draft we NEED. The Giants NEED a QB and we wouldn't have to worry about a lottery. Plus it's a lot easier to root for losses when there are only 16 games. Though with 13 and 26 healthy I can't bring myself to doing that.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Jets schedule is murderous here on out. One game they'll probably be within 6 pts in a line? And they always lose in Buffalo regardless

NE
@Tennessee
@Buffalo
Houston
GB
@NE

Giants - TB and Indy are winnable.

TB
@Philly
Chicago
@Washington
Tennessee
@indy
Dallas

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
The Giants are not beating the Colts. They have a QB.

Why are people claiming this horrific team will win multiple games?

They barely beat the lousy 49ers. Got bailed out twice by the zebras on the game winning TD drive.

Anyway, it's not important to me whether the Giants finish ahead or behind the Jets. I care that Oakland will be ahead and are taking Herbert.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad