Lindblom Oskar Lindblom Thread: 20-21 Masterton Trophy Winner (9/24/21 Scan - Cancer Free)

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Rib reconstruction for thoracic outlet syndrome is actually pretty common in baseball.

Yup. Paget - Schrotter or something like that. Venous obstruction. You can have arterial and nervous as well. The reason I say that, is Bills comment. It’s not the same as that. Removing radiation and chemo, it’s better if he had a lower rib resected rather than the first few.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Could be a huge emotional boost for the team to have him there whether he plays or not. Maybe a little more incentive for the team to be extra careful with their social distancing and everything too.

You want to see a bunch of grown-ass adults cry? Put Oskar in a playoff game and get everyone on this board in front of a webcam.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
the fact that lindblom can come back in the playoffs is absolutely amazing. Dude is a warrior. No clue about where Patrick is in his recovery but I wonder if he would get a similar contract? Our lineup is looking so good...

Reactions: TheKingPin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
the fact that lindblom can come back in the playoffs is absolutely amazing. Dude is a warrior. No clue about where Patrick is in his recovery but I wonder if he would get a similar contract? Our lineup is looking so good...

I have had a feeling all along that Oskar would play again before Nolan. Even if Oskar doesn't play in the playoffs, I am still more confident in having him on opening night than next season than I am with Patrick. As for his contract, I don't think Nolan will get the same contract. I think they got shorter with lower AAV. Maybe 1 year, $2 million.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
While Oskar may have been heading towards a Konecny type contract before his season was halted, this seems best case for all parties. If and when he returns to his high level of play, this contract is a steal. Oskar gets the emotional relief of life changing money immediately after his treatments end. The team clearly has enough confidence in everything to go 3 years. It’s wonderful in every way. Going to Toronto to be with the team is the cherry on top. Fletcher certainly isn’t mincing his positive words.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
I have had a feeling all along that Oskar would play again before Nolan. Even if Oskar doesn't play in the playoffs, I am still more confident in having him on opening night than next season than I am with Patrick. As for his contract, I don't think Nolan will get the same contract. I think they got shorter with lower AAV. Maybe 1 year, $2 million.
I don't think the Flyers have a cap space to pay Patrick two millions next season, unless they make a move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad