Lindblom Oskar Lindblom Thread: 20-21 Masterton Trophy Winner (9/24/21 Scan - Cancer Free)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think the Flyers have a cap space to pay Patrick two millions next season, unless they make a move.

Patrick won't have much leverage either. If we are only paying him $1 million, it will for sure be just for 1 year. He will want the opportunity to earn a bigger contract. Back-to-back 30 point seasons usually equates to closer to Laughton's $2.3 million than $1 million..but it's an unusual circumstance for Patrick.

They can probably easily move Raffl and his 1 year at $1.6 million for cap space.

They could also potentially sell high on Laughton and his 1 year at $2.3 million as well.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
You know what I have to say? About all this?

Cancer wins some battles, but is losing the war. And will lose the war, eventually. f*** cancer. Oskar stands for many people now, past, present, and future, just like we all stood for him in the winter time. Let's f***ing go.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Patrick won't have much leverage either. If we are only paying him $1 million, it will for sure be just for 1 year. He will want the opportunity to earn a bigger contract. Back-to-back 30 point seasons usually equates to closer to Laughton's $2.3 million than $1 million..but it's an usual circumstance for Patrick.

They can probably easily move Raffl and his 1 year at $1.6 million for cap space.

They could also potentially sell high on Laughton and his 1 year at $2.3 million as well.
Yeah, I definitely expect Patrick to aim for a short term deal. Would probably be the best for both sides.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
This contract is an absolute steal. A rib lesion was the best case scenario and I would think it will effect his game at all! He’s going to be right at where he left off after an offseason to recoup. This kind of player is special and he’s going to be a productive reliable NHL talent for awhile. 3 mill a year for that is unreal to me. I wouldn’t be upset at all to see 5 x 5. Great deal for the flyers and good for Oskar for now as I am sure he will get a nice deal next time around.

How in the world is he going to play? I would think no way but why would Fletch put so much out there with the quote? I feel like he could play!

I don’t see Patrick taking a 1 mill deal just based on his draft status. It’s a very odd situation but I would think he would get 2-3 mill for 1-2 years. Assuming he eventually is cleared to play.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
You know what I have to say? About all this?

Cancer wins some battles, but is losing the war. And will lose the war, eventually. f*** cancer. Oskar stands for many people now, past, present, and future, just like we all stood for him in the winter time. Let's f***ing go.

I got news a few days ago that a high school classmate recently lost her battle with cancer. So I double down on your f*** CANCER.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I have had a feeling all along that Oskar would play again before Nolan. Even if Oskar doesn't play in the playoffs, I am still more confident in having him on opening night than next season than I am with Patrick. As for his contract, I don't think Nolan will get the same contract. I think they got shorter with lower AAV. Maybe 1 year, $2 million.

same. I agree with everything said. Its so annoying that we dont even know what is wrong with Patrick. Such a wasted time for his development.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Mario played the night of his last radiation treatment and scored a goal and an assist haha. I can’t imagine Lindblom playing, but who knows. If he’s cleared and strong enough then I guess it’s his choice.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Mario played the night of his last radiation treatment and scored a goal and an assist haha. I can’t imagine Lindblom playing, but who knows. If he’s cleared and strong enough then I guess it’s his choice.
Recent report (Russ Joy) said he was cleared to skate and train... wonder how far that means.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Recent report (Russ Joy) said he was cleared to skate and train... wonder how far that means.
I would imagine if he’s strong enough then he could play if he wanted to. Doesn’t sound like the best idea but it may be up to how he’s feeling about it personally at this point. I don’t think he’d be cleared to be with the team if he’s immune system was compromised to a dangerous level. I can see him playing in the round robin or early rounds anyway. I only saw one clip of him skating and he looked great, but I imagine he’s dropped weight and a lot of strength.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Lindblom started skating a few weeks ago, so he may not be that far behind in his conditioning.
Probably is further behind in strength, since he might have been limited in terms of upper body work.

Reactions: Devonator

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think Lindblom started skating a few weeks ago, so he may not be that far behind in his conditioning.
Probably is further behind in strength, since he might have been limited in terms of upper body work.

I would imagine the Flyers would need to get pretty deep into the playoffs before Oskar returning was a realistic possibility.

Reactions: Tripod

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I know he has hardly lost any weight. Still seemingly over 190 or so... just that ofc muscle has atrophied, so I guess he has gained a few % body fat and lost several pounds of muscle. Which from my personal knowledge will take months to put back on...

But playing at say... hmm... ~15% BF at 195lbs vs ~10% at 200lbs? Ofc a difference, but dont lose the skill or smarts.

Still would be insane to see him play in playoffs! Cannot believe the chance it will happen really. And so glad.

Reactions: TheKingPin

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Well we know what's wrong, we just don't know how to fix it or how long it will take. It's gotta be absolutely dreadful for Nolan.

our luck we get a 2nd round pick and get patrick. Every other year gets you laing, svechnikov, eichel, kakko, byfield.

Back to lindblom....Basically got a top 6 winger via FA for a great deal. Always thought lindblom did things for our team that not many players can do. Guy is a swiss army knife. He is great on the board, down low, solid 2 way player, great IQ, and can play with anyone and anywhere in the lineup. Great versatile player you need come playoff time.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
our luck we get a 2nd round pick and get patrick. Every other year gets you laing, svechnikov, eichel, kakko, byfield.

Back to lindblom....Basically got a top 6 winger via FA for a great deal. Always thought lindblom did things for our team that not many players can do. Guy is a swiss army knife. He is great on the board, down low, solid 2 way player, great IQ, and can play with anyone and anywhere in the lineup. Great versatile player you need come playoff time.

Kakko's rookie season was FAR worse than Patrick's.

In fact, he may have been the worst forward in the entire NHL in 19-20 :laugh:

Otherwise, I get your point..it's frustrating. Hopefully better days ahead for Nolan.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don’t see Patrick taking a 1 mill deal just based on his draft status. It’s a very odd situation but I would think he would get 2-3 mill for 1-2 years. Assuming he eventually is cleared to play.
What leverage does Patrick have? He just got paid $925,000 and didn't play a game for us. And isn't slated to play now. So now it's been over a year dealing with this and by the time he MIGHT play again, it will be possibly 20 months in between games.

He is not getting 2-3 million with the cap not going up and we have no idea if he can even play next year. he should be signed for 1.25-1.5 million per on a 2 year deal.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He’s worth protecting just in the off chance he can play. Who else are we going to protect?

DQatlF4VQAAmX6n.jpg

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
What leverage does Patrick have? He just got paid $925,000 and didn't play a game for us. And isn't slated to play now. So now it's been over a year dealing with this and by the time he MIGHT play again, it will be possibly 20 months in between games.

He is not getting 2-3 million with the cap not going up and we have no idea if he can even play next year. he should be signed for 1.25-1.5 million per on a 2 year deal.

I cant see any 2OA pick getting 1 mill on second contract. If he’s getting a 1 year deal I would think it would be 2 million or more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad