Lindblom Oskar Lindblom Thread: 20-21 Masterton Trophy Winner (9/24/21 Scan - Cancer Free)

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
In case anyone was wondering, he’s not coming back this playoffs. But it seems like he could be playing next year which absolutely nuts.
I don't think they thing the word is could for next year. I think they think he will be playing.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I guess all there is to go off is Herzlich... who missed like 16 months.

But in Herzlichs case the timing of the season etc probably added a bit onto that. As he was healthy and training 6 months after the diagnosis but the college football season had already started and it is super short.

Plus ofc given size would have lost higher % of body weight, and in turn took longer to put back on.

But tbh amazing even speaking about this as a possibility. So glad that it seems he is going to recover and live a normal life... let alone play again.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

But in Herzlichs case the timing of the season etc probably added a bit onto that. As he was healthy and training 6 months after the diagnosis but the college football season had already started and it is super short.

Plus ofc given size would have lost higher % of body weight, and in turn took longer to put back on.

But tbh amazing even speaking about this as a possibility. So glad that it seems he is going to recover and live a normal life... let alone play again.

Also Herzlich had the cancer in his leg, which would be a bigger problem when initiating training, you'd want to be cautious at first with putting pressure on that leg.

An MRI showed that the pain in his left thigh was a tumor. Doctors would leave Mark's femur intact. After a course of chemotherapy and radiation, they would reinforce it by inserting a titanium rod.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Also Herzlich had the cancer in his leg, which would be a bigger problem when initiating training, you'd want to be cautious at first with putting pressure on that leg.

An MRI showed that the pain in his left thigh was a tumor. Doctors would leave Mark's femur intact. After a course of chemotherapy and radiation, they would reinforce it by inserting a titanium rod.
To go off this, the femur as you probably know is considered a "long bone" of the body. Essentially these bones bear a lot of weight and innervate important muscles. In other words, they're the important bones.

If you develop cancer in these bones your prognosis dips significantly. I think it's pretty clear Oskar dodged this bullet considering how well he's doing so quickly.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto

This is a very rare form of cancer so there probably aren’t as many precedents compared to other forms. Oskar is a very young man so his chances of making a quick and full recovery would naturally be higher than someone triple his age.

Nonetheless, I’m sooooo incredibly happy to see him doing so well given the circumstances and I look very forward to seeing him back on ice ASAP. Health and safety >>>> everything else

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

Do you spend 24/7 researching things?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Do you spend 24/7 researching things?

Haha. I do have a naturally inquisitive mind. I like finding out about things I dont know. Not quite 24/7... but if I feel I should know about something or have a little "earworm" that wont shut up wondering about something then I have to look into it or my mind does not get clear.

It is my Mum's fault. When I was a kid and asked her a question if the answer was not simple she would say "we have multiple encylopedia's on the shelf over there Alexander".

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Do we know where it was in Oskar? I think I recall seeing speculation it was in his shoulder but never saw any confirmation on it. I suppose having no information means his medical history is being protected as it should be but in today's day and age it feels weird to not know, unless it is out there and I'm just missing it

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Haha. I do have a naturally inquisitive mind. I like finding out about things I dont know. Not quite 24/7... but if I feel I should know about something or have a little "earworm" that wont shut up wondering about something then I have to look into it or my mind does not get clear.

It is my Mum's fault. When I was a kid and asked her a question if the answer was not simple she would say "we have multiple encylopedia's on the shelf over there Alexander".

"Alexander?" - That explains a lot, certainly the expectations placed upon you. :naughty:
Though by your age I think he had conquered most of the known world (outside of China and SE Asia).

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
"Alexander?" - That explains a lot, certainly the expectations placed upon you. :naughty:
Though by your age I think he had conquered most of the known world (outside of China and SE Asia).

My Mum is the only person who ever calls me my full name though!

My father is called Philip as well... though thankfully he is not such an equine lover as the original apparently was.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

I am the same way with science. I don’t even retain a lot of it. I just like the finding out and ah hah part.

I think it thankfully has to be non weight bearing. I can’t imagine skating like a mother f***er with that thing in his femur or spine. All speculation of course.

Reactions: Appleyard

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Do we know where it was in Oskar? I think I recall seeing speculation it was in his shoulder but never saw any confirmation on it. I suppose having no information means his medical history is being protected as it should be but in today's day and age it feels weird to not know, unless it is out there and I'm just missing it

I think he was listed as day to day with a shoulder injury in the days before they discovered it was cancer. If that was telling, maybe scapula or a rib. Can’t wait to get this guy back in the lineup. He such a pleasure to watch and a great talent.

Reactions: Rebels57

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Best news of the year!
DarkIllfatedAlleycat-size_restricted.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00