Oshie, Berglund, & Paajarvi = 0 pts

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
In regards to Berglund, the fact that his change in position (that he practiced for all off-season) with different responsibilities lasted for all of about 3 games before he had to go back to center.
And that his current game is better than he player center pretty much all of last year...

Yeah, I'm willing to give him a pass for a while especially since Hitchcock was likely planning on Oshie being the one to help Berglund out since those two had previously worked very well together.
Oshie in a funk for the three games they were together plus Berglund now playing on a different line as a center again...

Eh.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Despite the fact that he hasn't put up a lot of offensive numbers, Berglund has looked much better than he did last year. He's more engaged physically and he's been much quicker. If he keeps playing this way, there's no doubt in my mind that the offense will come.

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
Oshie has been in 2 highlight real hits against already, one vs Smith-Pelly and the other I dont remember.. If Oshie doesnt get his head into this, he will be injuried before his cold streak is over.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Oshie has been in 2 highlight real hits against already, one vs Smith-Pelly and the other I dont remember.. If Oshie doesnt get his head into this, he will be injuried before his cold streak is over.

He hasn't played well offensively. But the Backes line (was) still drawing the biggest defensive assignments and had been doing well with that prior to the injury. I think Oshie uses the physical play to get his game going (thus the hits). Its a work in progress.

But no, he doesn't look sharp. To a lesser extent I think Backes hasn't looked as sharp on the offensive zone either. Berglund is not Steen. And Steen (when he's played with them) is not Steen from last year either. I just don't see that line being as productive offensively regardless of who slots into the LW spot.

If you use Schwartz, I think there is a possiblility it could work.....but then you end up trying to plug Berglund into a line where he fits less well and I think it detracts from the team's overall offensive threat. If Berglund can get going, or even approximate Steen's shooting instincts from last season, while maintaining his current level of physical intensity (winning board battles, solid defense) that line looks like a good set for the season (assuming we see the Oshie we know return).

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I also thought Backes has looked sluggish. The team has gone through too much of a rough patch to get a handle on things. Oshie had some good looks in Dallas and had a few flashes of the skill he showed last year.

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008

Have to quote myself from earlier this morning.. Apparently Oshie IS injuried.... Wow:(

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I wonder if it's psychological.

I don't have a clue. I have a hard time believing he is sick since he posts pictures with his little girl. Something is off though. You don't do a 180 like he as without something being wrong.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don't have a clue. I have a hard time believing he is sick since he posts pictures with his little girl. Something is off though. You don't do a 180 like he as without something being wrong.

I believe his father was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad