Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Before the series I went with KGN in 6 so I'll stick with that. Hope I'm wrong!

5-2 KGN, Chromiak

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hahaha @leafs4life94 you can never post again about there being no Kingston bias from the refs after that penalty on Tullio. He's hooked on the hands so hard he's spun all the way around and loses possession because of it. 10 times out of 10 that's a penalty on Kingston. Gens looking to go up 2-0

But not with Conrad Hache in the picture. Instead somehow that's 2 minutes on Tullio for getting hooked and Kingston scores to tie it up after 1 period. Such a joke

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Hahaha @leafs4life94 you can never post again about there being no Kingston bias from the refs after that penalty on Tullio. He's hooked on the hands so hard he's spun all the way around and loses possession because of it. 10 times out of 10 that's a penalty on Kingston. Gens looking to go up 2-0

But not with Conrad Hache in the picture. Instead somehow that's 2 minutes on Tullio for getting hooked and Kingston scores to tie it up after 1 period. Such a joke
After the Fronts just got a penalty and a bit of a weak cross check on Tullio it should have been a no call (he did a good job selling it IMO). Agree 100% that was a phantom call, but maybe they are on their way to starting to evening things up in the series?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
After the Fronts just got a penalty and a bit of a weak cross check on Tullio it should have been a no call (he did a good job selling it IMO). Agree 100% that was a phantom call, but maybe they are on their way to starting to evening things up in the series?
Huh? You're not even watching the game? Kingstons only penalty was Arcuri hooking Lleyton Moore to the ice. There has been no penalty for a cross check on Tullio lol

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014

I'm not gonna argue because that was a garbage call, but let me get this straight - one call goes Kingston's way and everything else is ignored? Conveniently you ignore Butler catching Frasca up high that was missed (even your announcers said he got away with a highstick)

Bad calls that go Kingston's way = Kingston bias because of Hache
Bad calls that go Oshawa's way = silence

Gotcha.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Huh? You're not even watching the game? Kingstons only penalty was Arcuri hooking Lleyton Moore to the ice. There has been no penalty for a cross check on Tullio lol
I think it is your reading that is problematic. After the Fronts just got a penalty where Oshawa scored on what the goalie was complaining as goalie interference, the refs were not going to call Tullio for his figure skating twirl. I thought it was a good none call. And I agree it wasn’t a penalty on Tullio, but given how one sided the reffing has been in the Gens favour (desite Hache’s dad being brought up every time a call goes in the Fronts favour), it it nice to actually get a break from the refs.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think it is your reading that is problematic. After the Fronts just got a penalty where Oshawa scored on what the goalie was complaining as goalie interference, the refs were not going to call Tullio for his figure skating twirl. I thought it was a good none call. And I agree it wasn’t a penalty on Tullio, but given how one sided the reffing has been in the Gens favour (desite Hache’s dad being brought up every time a call goes in the Fronts favour), it it nice to actually get a break from the refs.
At what point do we realize Conrad has 2 burner accounts?

Ottawa Sabres fan with a son named Braden?
Post automatically merged:

And that's what dogshit reffing can do. KGN gets gifted the goal at the end of the 1st, Jesus steps on a broken stick and KGN gets a lucky goal to start the 2nd and then Arcuri tip in and suddenly it's 3 goals in 2 minutes and the game has completely changed. All because of one really, really bad call. Unreal. The league needs to figure this out

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Thoughts from game 6/series thoughts vs KGN:

-Ty Tullio is such a stud. It really sucks we lost a full year and a half of him or else he'd be very high on the Gens top 50 all time goals/assists/points leaderboard. A lot of people were shitting on the pick when it was made because of the last name but very quickly, and then just about every game since then, they have been proven very, very wrong. I'd be shocked if he doesn't go on to play in the NHL. Does everything you need to in order to win.

-I had KGN in 6 before the series started and that's what it ended but it was actually a closer series than I anticipated. I thought Kingston would dominate 90% of the series but that did not happen. Kingston was way better at capitalizing on their chances, but in terms of the play, the Gens were the better team for long stretches. The big difference was Kingston's offensive creativity and the Gens lack of that.

-Special teams really stepped up in the playoffs. PP went 8/20 (40%) and the PK went 11/15 (73.3%).

-Leaver's numbers won't end up good but he wasn't bad in this series. I would say Kingston only scored one or two goals this series that you would've said was a weak one. They were very good at getting 5 really good chances in a 3 minute span and swinging the game off that.

-Gens got nothing from their 3 OAs in this series, which made it very difficult. Stepien didn't score, Hill was fine defensively but made some mistakes and of course Paputsakis is the backup. Add in only 1 goal from Olausson (who was getting better as the series went along as he was coming off an injury) but that makes it tough to get an upset.

-Ritchie looked really good again, he finishes with 7 points, 2nd in the series for either team. Ertel continued to look more nad more comfortable as the series went on. Can't believe the Gens got him in the 10th round.

-I'll wait until the mods switch the thread over to the "offseason" version, but I'm really excited for the Gens future with how well the 2005s looked this year and how the 2006 born draft went. I mentioned it after the game 5 win
With the win tonight now the players will get to be in the building tomorrow night and can see what an OHL home crowd is like before going into rookie camp. Whereas if they had've lost tonight then they never would've had that experience. So a big win tonight in that aspect as well.
but I think long term it's important that the new top picks Sennecke and Danford were there tonight to see that comeback and the crowd go insane. To get a taste of that from your franchise before you're even in the league can do nothing but help them this offseason to train and prepare for the season to want to be a part of moments like that.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our HFboards game this season.
Regular season champion: @Chipmunk
Playoff champion: @dirty12

Final standings:
@dirty12: 55
@Generalsupdates: 53
@Chipmunk: 53
@three dog night: 53
@Nerf27: 48
@nelli27: 38
@TommyV27: 27
@HUSH10: 27
@reeno: 14
@GeneralConversation: 12
@Whatanathol: 11
@Awagner3018: 9
@ottsabrefan: 6
@JW1981: 4
@LDN: 4
@TuckerFan1: 2
@Devin: 2
@barclayplager: 1
@Fischhaber: 1
@Naz: 0
@sirius67fan: 0
@billoink: 0
@Ptbomillsy619: 0

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Good series Gens - glad Fronts were able to come away with a series win now because the Gens are looking up. I kept finding myself really impressed with Ritchie - I thought he was their best player along with Harrison/Leaver and doing what he did as an '05 was impressive. He's gonna be scary going forward.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Between Olausson crapping the bed and Leaver having terrible numbers 4.52 GAA and .870 Save percentage -this team was going nowhere !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad