Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
What a joke Frasco get only one game for a viscous crosscheck Butler get 2 games for a questionable slew foot as for Smith 5 game and I'm not complaining about what he got , but Frasco only one I guess Kingston has friends in high places (wink Wink)
TeamPlayerDate of GameDisciplineEligible to Return
OSHBlake SmithApr. 265 gamesTBD
KGNJordan FrascaApr. 261 gameApr. 30

Reactions: three dog night

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Who are some draftees we may be interested in ?
My personal top 10 would be:
-Michael Misa (LC)
-Malcolm Spence (LW)
-Nathan Villeneuve (LC)
-Michael Hage (RW) just signed with the USHL
-Porter Martone (RC)
-Sam Dickinson (LD)
-Cole Beaudoin (LW)
-Ben Cormier (LC)
-Ben Danford (LD)
-Ethan Procyszyn (RC)

next tier: Beckett Sennecke (RC), Luca Testa (LC), Braydon McCallum (RC), Henry Mews (RD), Kieron Walton (LC), Frankie Marrelli (LD), Anthony Cristoforo (RD), Lucas Karmiris (RC

they are taking sennecke, then maybe mirelli

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Well Hockeyguy999 there is your answer. If you play for Kingston you get a 1 game suspension, which is a new record low for the season for a cross check from behind into the boards, but if you play for Oshawa you get 5 games for a shoulder to shoulder body check or 2 games for a borderline slew foot call. The Hache effect on full display!!!!! Pretty obvious who the league wants to win this series.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Did you also notice Roloffs was wearing a full gage last night as a result of the high stick to the face received in game 2. Down on the ice bleeding and the refs saw nothing! Right!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
The Smith one was clearly suspendible but it drives me nuts they suspend over injury rather than intent.

Both teams put their 4th line on a minute into the game. Clearly we all know what is happening. Gens ice it and Smith just leans on Poole so that a scrum would start and Smith/Stewart would likely end up fighting early in the game. For some reason a lean into Poole's shoulder really injured him. The more I watch the replay and the more I don't understand it. I'm not saying he's not hurt, clearly he is, but I don't understand how.

Then you have Frasca see numbers and purposely cross-check him from behind off balance so he goes hard into the end boards, but McKinney isn't hurt so they won't throw the book at him.

One play was a lot more intentionally dangerous than the other but it got 4 games less.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Man what an eventful game. I guess if you watch hockey long enough you continue to see novel things. Gens deserved to win. Wright just not impressive at all, I’m not seeing the hype. I agree Fraska getting one game is a joke. From the games I’ve seen this season Gens fans have often been treated to comebacks and late game heroics which make for the most exciting games by far.
Next game is monumental in importance.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
The Smith one was clearly suspendible but it drives me nuts they suspend over injury rather than intent.

Both teams put their 4th line on a minute into the game. Clearly we all know what is happening. Gens ice it and Smith just leans on Poole so that a scrum would start and Smith/Stewart would likely end up fighting early in the game. For some reason a lean into Poole's shoulder really injured him. The more I watch the replay and the more I don't understand it. I'm not saying he's not hurt, clearly he is, but I don't understand how.

Then you have Frasca see numbers and purposely cross-check him from behind off balance so he goes hard into the end boards, but McKinney isn't hurt so they won't throw the book at him.

One play was a lot more intentionally dangerous than the other but it got 4 games less.
I think Poole's head hit the ice when he fell, and he's had at least one, maybe two other concussions already this year which is really concerning for such a young player with his playing style.

As for the Frasca hit - this is where I wish the OHL did videos like the NHL. Long-term injury or not, there is absolutely no way that should only be one game. While watching, I pegged Smith for 4 and Frasca for 3 - Frascas action was definitely worse but with Smith's being after an icing and causing an injury I'd give him an extra game.

I don't know if I agree that Frasca was trying to hurt McKinney, I'd call it more stupid and reckless than malicious, but either way deserves more than 1.

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Can we get a clip of the Smith-Poole incident? While I was there and I heard it, I didn’t see it. 5 games seems harsh for incidental contact.

And only one seems like bulls hit for Frasca. I’ll leave the auto correct as is…

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Man what an eventful game. I guess if you watch hockey long enough you continue to see novel things. Gens deserved to win. Wright just not impressive at all, I’m not seeing the hype. I agree Fraska getting one game is a joke. From the games I’ve seen this season Gens fans have often been treated to comebacks and late game heroics which make for the most exciting games by far.
Next game is monumental in importance.
Yeah if the Gens lose tonight, especially with Frasca out, it’s over. For all 3 games now the Gens Hage dominated the play for play stretches though. Just in games 1/2 the parts where they didn’t, they gave up 4 goals in 10 minutes and you’re not coming back from that against a good team

Edit: does it autocorrecting “have” to “Hage” mean the Gens are going to draft him and he’s coming to the OHL??? #Insiderrrr

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
And the beat goes on! Murray just crosschecked Tullio in the face and gets a 2 minute penalty, which they don't even bother to review. Any other team and that's an automatic 5 minutes and a 5 game suspension. Tullio managed to get up and did not leave the game so no way anything will come of it.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
And the beat goes on! Murray just crosschecked Tullio in the face and gets a 2 minute penalty, which they don't even bother to review. Any other team and that's an automatic 5 minutes and a 5 game suspension. Tullio managed to get up and did not leave the game so no way anything will come of it.
You might want to check what team has the fewest playoff PPs in the entire OHL before complaining about the refs! Hint: it’s not Oshawa.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
You might want to check what team has the fewest playoff PPs in the entire OHL before complaining about the refs! Hint: it’s not Oshawa.
This has nothing to do with tonight's refs. It's just a continuation about the 1 game suspension to Fraska being an absolute joke!

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
This has nothing to do with tonight's refs. It's just a continuation about the 1 game suspension to Fraska being an absolute joke!
Did you not just complain about tonight’s ref saying it should have been a 5 and a game and not a 2 minute penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad