Oshawa Generals 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
For the Niagara haters, you'll want to read this one. Man do the Burke's ever look stupid in this article. And they also paid Liam Ham's family so the IceDogs fans going with the "it was only Marty Williamson, not the currently management group", there goes that excuse

Reactions: Drop the Puck

three dog night

May 3, 2014
For the Niagara haters, you'll want to read this one. Man do the Burke's ever look stupid in this article. And they also paid Liam Ham's family so the IceDogs fans going with the "it was only Marty Williamson, not the currently management group", there goes that excuse

Ham payment was compassion related

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

Don't pick and choose what you want to read from that article. It says that the Ice Dogs claim it was in compassion, but from all eye witness accounts and documents found, it was done in order to get him to play for the club.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

So then why didn't they pay the Ham family the money then? Lol. They were so worried about their situation but then decided not to pay it because the player wasn't as good as they wanted him to be...? Yeahhhhhhh I don't think so.

Scumbags run the organization, but they'll be kicked out of the league soon enough. Can't see the Burke's still being around at this time next year

Reactions: Drop the Puck

three dog night

May 3, 2014
So then why didn't they pay the Ham family the money then? Lol. They were so worried about their situation but then decided not to pay it because the player wasn't as good as they wanted him to be...? Yeahhhhhhh I don't think so.

Scumbags run the organization, but they'll be kicked out of the league soon enough. Can't see the Burke's still being around at this time next year
It sounded they did pay the Ham family.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It sounded they did pay the Ham family.

it doesnt matter if its compassion related, its against the rules of the league. black and white. they said they didnt nothing wrong and blamed williamson, guess what, they were just as guilty, if not moreso

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
it doesnt matter if its compassion related, its against the rules of the league. black and white. they said they didnt nothing wrong and blamed williamson, guess what, they were just as guilty, if not moreso

Ham didn't even join the team until after Williamson was gone lol

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
:thumbu:

Brett Harrison Commits to Generals

Oshawa, ON– The Oshawa Generals announced today that forward Brett Harrison has committed to an Ontario Hockey League standard player agreement with the Hockey Club.
The London, ON native was the 1st round, 16th overall selection by the Gens in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection. He was a member of the London Junior Knights during the 2018-19 season where he tallied 42 goals and 21 assists for 63 points in 33 games played.
The 6’1, 160-pound, left shot center, participated in the OHL Cup in March where he was a point per game player notching two goals and an assist in three games with the Junior Knights. At the OHL Gold Cup last weekend, Harrison suited up for Team Alliance at the tournament. Appearing in four games, he recorded two goals and three assists, sitting second on his team in scoring and tying for fifth in tournament scoring on the way to Team Alliance claiming the Bronze medal.
“This is always an exciting time—it’s the unofficial start to next season, signing players for the upcoming year,” said Vice President and General Manager Roger Hunt on the commitment from Harrison. “It’s no secret how excited we are to have Brett committed to be a General. He’s a dynamic play-making guy who can score. Everything we saw at orientation camp and OHL Gold Cup only reassured us what we saw all season long with Brett.”
Harrison will join the Generals for training camp at the end of August before the 2019-20 season gets underway in September. He will wear #44 with the team.

Reactions: nelli27

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Lead alliance in every category almost last year in both the regular season and the playoffs. Then was a point per game at the OHL Gold Cup. None of McShane, Noel or Tullio were even a point per game at their OHL Gold Cup

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Interesting The Scout.ca says With the Harrison signing, the Generals now have signed half of our Top 10 team prospects. He joins fellow centers Ryan Gagnier and Dawson McKinney, and goaltenders Zachary Paputsakis and Matthew Sbrocca.

Reactions: Whatanathol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
That is not a hockey play or an aggressive play. It is a cheap shot, plain and simple. Let's not clutter the conversation with other incidents, just look at that one. In a league that admonishes head contact, you have to understand why the league did what it did

Reading some posts on the Hoefenmayer cheap shot on Daws (to his head) in game 3 and it’s crazy how fast an opinion can change. When Salinitri did it, it’s a no brainer suspension because it’s not a hockey play and a hit to the head, which the league doesn’t allow. But when it’s Ottawa’s best D in the middle of the final series, suddenly a cheap shot to the face of the backup goalie on the bench is a hockey play:laugh:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Reading some posts on the Hoefenmayer cheap shot on Daws (to his head) in game 3 and it’s crazy how fast an opinion can change. When Salinitri did it, it’s a no brainer suspension because it’s not a hockey play and a hit to the head, which the league doesn’t allow. But when it’s Ottawa’s best D in the middle of the final series, suddenly a cheap shot to the face of the backup goalie on the bench is a hockey play:laugh:

I'd say there is a difference between a backhand shot to the face and a two handed shot to the back of the head that caused a concussion. But that may just be me. There are loads of instances where players give shots to the face all over the ice.

Hoefenmeyer was penalized for it appropriately as a roughing minor which seems justified to me.

reeno

Sep 22, 2017
I'd say there is a difference between a backhand shot to the face and a two handed shot to the back of the head that caused a concussion. But that may just be me. There are loads of instances where players give shots to the face all over the ice.

Hoefenmeyer was penalized for it appropriately as a roughing minor which seems justified to me.

LOL....Backhand
backhand.JPG

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Was at that game with son.

1. The Hoff (not Baywatch) gave son a pre game skate puck. Huge thrill.

2. When in the box, the dad of Nico D., Guelph back up goalie and taker of backhanded / butt end(???) "stormed" over to the penalty box and gave Hoff an earful, calling him a "F"ing C'!%K*ucker! We were 6 six over and 2 aisles up from the penalty box and it was totally unexpected. Security rightfully kicked dad out of the game.

3. Storm looks very strong and should win the series. Even with #88 for 67s, Ottawa appears much smaller and to an equally fast but bigger team.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Not a surprise. The depth we had on D this season was too much for Franche to get into any games at his natural position.

So current potential OA options are MacLean (lock), Neumann (lock), Eggenberger, Resnick, and Hughes

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I’d say it’s between Resnick and Bollers

Won't be Bollers. I wouldn't be surprised if they did what they did this year with Ceci/Henderson and keep both Resnick and Hughes and play Resnick every game but also have Hughes in the stands in case Sbrocca/Schell/whoever the backup goalie is aren't ready just yet then Hughes can dress and play everytime it's a backup game and Resnick sits

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

OshawaFan2018

Nov 26, 2018
Won't be Bollers. I wouldn't be surprised if they did what they did this year with Ceci/Henderson and keep both Resnick and Hughes and play Resnick every game but also have Hughes in the stands in case Sbrocca/Schell/whoever the backup goalie is aren't ready just yet then Hughes can dress and play everytime it's a backup game and Resnick sits

I anticipate that Roger Hunt will be as astute next season how he utilizes his over agers. Whether that means rotating a goalie - Hughes for a player when needed.

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
I’ll admit, I wasn’t completely happy with Hughes when he first arrived, but he did his job like a pro and got better as time went by. I believe the change of scenery, and a supportive organization did him well to regain his game.
It would be beneficial to have him back mentoring the young goalies coming up.

Reactions: OshawaFan2018

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
On top of the WSI Oshawa Generals team, the Gens also hosted the 15U Program of Excellence at the TCC this weekend. To the teams who are having trouble getting guys to commit and can't figure out why that is, take note. Building relationships with these players and their families early means the Gens hardly ever have commitment issues, especially with Canadian players

Reactions: GeneralConversation

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Commisso gets himself an OHL championship!

Guelph had to battle in every series. Kinda funny considering one of Fischaber’s excuses for the Soo last year was that Hamilton had the easier ride to the finals and were well rested. Don’t know if you could get any easier than Ottawa sweeping their way to the finals, yet Guelph still pulled it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad