Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauler

Feb 26, 2018
I think Gens goaltending gets exposed tonight. should be a fun game to watch.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Pretty good game I thought that could’ve gone either way. You need a bounce against a team like that and to be disciplined and neither happened. 6 powerplays for OTT and hit 4 posts/crossbars and none of them went in and it was still a 1 goal game with a minute left.

Good news that the official word is that Moore is “day to day” with an upper body injury. Was worrying he’d have an injury similar to suni’s

Will be a tough one tomorrow now on the road in a back to back against an Owen Sound team who had the night off. They’re a weird team. Only 1 NHL drafted guy but have double digit good junior hockey players and Guzda is one of the top 10 goalies in the league

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Not much excitement here tonight. The Generals need to work on their shooting. It's terrible. Plus too much cutesy passing when breaking down the zone. Game was sloppy on both sides . Dawson McKinney filling in Crete with a couple of good hard uppercuts was the highlight tonight. McShane had a pretty nice goal picking the corner on Andree but other than that, this was a yawn fest. I assumed Ottawa had an "off night" based on the score. Was expecting the boy wonder team to do cartwheels all over the ice.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Will be a tough one tomorrow now on the road in a back to back against an Owen Sound team who had the night off. They’re a weird team. Only 1 NHL drafted guy but have double digit good junior hockey players and Guzda is one of the top 10 goalies in the league

Last edited:

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Attack have 4- 16 yr olds and at least 4 -17yr old rookies, so a lot of youngsters.

They've been predictably inconsistent.

Yet despite missing Dudas in mid December with a broken finger, then WJC, along with head coach Letang at WJC, they've managed to stay with the pack.

Guzda has been good, as has rookie BUG Chenard.

The only move made by the team was bringing in Matt Struthers, in December.

The balance is made of solid, yet unspectacular players. Oa's Brady Lyle, Struthers and Matt Phillip have all played solid roles.

Only one rated in the upcoming NHL draft, D Igor Chibrikov

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
last night even game to me. The big kicker was the short handed goal given up on two on one after generals were all too low around the net and tullio missed the shot. A couple questionable calls last night. Mckinney handled himself well but Villati should avoid all future fights as he got rocked. Ottawa slows up the middle with a lot of hooking that they get away with. Its lining up for a second rd Ottawa and Oshawa series which Ottawa will most likely win but each game has been really one goal games so each game will be tight IMO

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
last night even game to me. The big kicker was the short handed goal given up on two on one after generals were all too low around the net and tullio missed the shot. A couple questionable calls last night. Mckinney handled himself well but Villati should avoid all future fights as he got rocked. Ottawa slows up the middle with a lot of hooking that they get away with. Its lining up for a second rd Ottawa and Oshawa series which Ottawa will most likely win but each game has been really one goal games so each game will be tight IMO
looks like that could be a final 4 matchup if all goes as it should and what a series that would be!!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The Attack have 4- 16 yr olds and at least 4 -17yr old rookies, so a lot of youngsters.

They've been predictably inconsistent.

Yet despite missing Dudas in mid December with a broken finger, then WJC, along with head coach Letang at WJC, they've managed to stay with the pack.

Guzda has been good, as has rookie BUG Chenard.

The only move made by the team was bringing in Matt Struthers, in December.

The balance is made of solid, yet unspectacular players. Oa's Brady Lyle, Struthers and Matt Phillip have all played solid roles.

Only one rated in the upcoming NHL draft, D Igor Chibrikov

Their top 9 scorers are all 1999 or 2000 born, so their difference makers really aren't young at all though, it's just their depth guys who are young

So they're going to lose 6 of their top 9 scorers going into next year. Lyle/Struthers/Philip will graduate, Dudas will go to pro hockey and then can only keep 3 of Popov/Kirwin/McMaster/Pearson/Robertson

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Since being moved into the Gens top 6, Brett Harrison has been the best true rookie in the OHL in terms of goals. He's going to be a star in this league

Also Daniel Michaud has the same number of points (in the same number of games) as Mason McTavish does in 2020. Maybe northern voice was a bit premature in naming him the best player in the history of hockey....

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Since being moved into the Gens top 6, Brett Harrison has been the best true rookie in the OHL in terms of goals. He's going to be a star in this league

Also Daniel Michaud has the same number of points (in the same number of games) as Mason McTavish does in 2020. Maybe northern voice was a bit premature in naming him the best player in the history of hockey....
Great for Harrison. Boo to you for choosing arbitrary starting and ending points. I guess choosing Jan 1 made more sense than Dec 28 (after the Christmas break) for some undisclosed reason? If you included Dec 31 for example, you get:
Johnston WSR 4-5-9
McTavish PBO 5-3-8
Harrison OSH 5-2-7
Pinelli KIT 4-2-6

Hey, I have an idea, not only could you choose arbitrary points that best support your point of view, but then you could also dump on a player after cutting out a 5 point game they had the day before your arbitrary start date. I think you should do that, it would go over really well to all those that already accuse you of being a homer.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Great for Harrison. Boo to you for choosing arbitrary starting and ending points. I guess choosing Jan 1 made more sense than Dec 28 (after the Christmas break) for some undisclosed reason? If you included Dec 31 for example, you get:
Johnston WSR 4-5-9
McTavish PBO 5-3-8
Harrison OSH 5-2-7
Pinelli KIT 4-2-6

Hey, I have an idea, not only could you choose arbitrary points that best support your point of view, but then you could also dump on a player after cutting out a 5 point game they had the day before your arbitrary start date. I think you should do that, it would go over really well to all those that already accuse you of being a homer.

Couple things for ya "Hockey Pops"

1- I don't care about anonymous hfboard accounts who claim I'm a homer. My name is literally Generals Updates. No shit dude. I'm on here because of the Gens fans I like interacting with. Hence why 99% of my posts are in the Oshawa Generals thread. Just like obviously you're a Soo homer after only reading a couple of your most recent posts. But your picture is literally the Soo logo, so someone would have to be a pretty dense to not put 2 and 2 together and know you're going to be a Soo fan before even reading your post lol

2- I love how you're acting like I picked June 7th at 2:34pm as when I chose to start the data from. January 1st is literally the start of a new decade, but sure, pretend that is just some random date with no significance :laugh:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
In "general", how has Kooy performed?

He's been good every game I'd say. Hasn't been great in any of the games. Hasn't been bad in any of the games

Gave up 4 last night but didn't have a chance on any of them (breakaway, tip in the slot, backdoor cross crease tap in and rebound off the top of his head). But he did have a couple grade A saves on Hoelscher/Rossi/Johnston

Reactions: nelli27

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Johnston WSR 4-5-9
McTavish PBO 5-3-8
Harrison OSH 5-2-7
Pinelli KIT 4-2-6

U know how the almighty one constantly manipulates the situation to make the Gens look better than they are. Im a Gens fan and whenever I criticize the team … it only takes seconds for his lips to say how I dont know d#ck about junior hockey. Im a realist and say it the way it is.. dont sugar coat nothing but the almighty ones ego is so big.. ya not going to win..cheers

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I'm so sorry all of you are having to deal with whatever this post says......

:laugh: :laugh:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 3.49.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 3.49.11 PM.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 5

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
U know how the almighty one constantly manipulates the situation to make the Gens look better than they are. Im a Gens fan and whenever I criticize the team … it only takes seconds for his lips to say how I dont know d#ck about junior hockey. Im a realist and say it the way it is.. dont sugar coat nothing but the almighty ones ego is so big.. ya not going to win..cheers
There’s a difference between being critical and his obvious fandom.
You just come on here and slam teenagers playing a sport that is entertainment. You are super quiet when they win but can’t wait to slam particular players when they lose. Nothing wrong being a fan and also critical but you take the criticism and sky is falling to a new level. This team is right around where they should be this year. This is not a Mem Cup caliber team and most of us understand that. We have also seen how Hunt has built 2015 and is now building this team and most knowledgeable junior hockey fans and writers have said he did extraordinary at this deadline. They should win a round and give the next team a good go in round 2. Defensively I will agree has not been consistent but I look at Ottawas defence which is one of the best yesterday and they turned the puck over a huge amount of times. These are kids who will have good and bad games. Maybe one maybe all of them. You only rant and never have anything good to say. I’d hate to have that kind of outlook on life it’s not healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad