Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Gens 5-2 over the Otters and I'll go with McShane's hot stick for the gwg.

See you tonight from section 104!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Winterton back in for McSorley

Whittaker getting his first game in a while. Jesus sits tonight

5-3 OSH, Noel

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Very weird game. Erie should’ve been up like 8-1 after 2 periods but just refused to score on the goals the Gens were handing them. I haven’t seen the Gens be that bad for 40 straight minutes in any game I can remember. Assume they were looking ahead to a big game Sunday night against Sudbury and just didn’t show up for this one. And then somehow still come back and tie it up but the refs bail Erie out. Sure looked like Noel was outside of the crease when gross shot and they announced it was no goal, incidental contact. So incidental contact outside of the crease= good goal. Not sure why it was called off.

Oh well, they didn’t deserve to win anyways. If they play that awful for 40 straight minutes against like 16/19 teams in the league, they’d lose like 10-1

Only skaters who showed up were Suni and Neumann, who were both good for the whole night

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Noel needs a healthy scratch Sunday to give his head a shake, he single handedly caused 2 Erie goals from his play, gave the puck up alot and just looked like he doesn't care out there.

Won't be making the WJC with the way he's playing.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Noel needs a healthy scratch Sunday to give his head a shake, he single handedly caused 2 Erie goals from his play, gave the puck up alot and just looked like he doesn't care out there.

Won't be making the WJC with the way he's playing.

Walker with 2 goals against on him in the last 2 nights too. In NB he turns it over for the NB 2-on-1 for their first goal and tonight he's mad that the ref doesn't call the Swankler retaliation 2-hand on him after a clean hit (albeit he has a right to be mad, that's a horrendous non-call, right in front of the ref) but then he goes and runs the Erie guy and takes a penalty and Erie scores on the PP. Been saying it all year but you can't have 4th liners consistently costing you goals against. They need to replace him

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Here's the replay of the no goal btw. Noel never touches him in the crease and doesn't look like he even touches him out of the crease either (although even if he did, it doesn't matter as Noel is allowed to be in the ice outside of the crease). It blows my mind this was overturned. Completely let Erie off the hook, who for some reason refused to put that game away despite the Gens giving them every opportunity to in that 2nd period

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Noel playing like he doesn't want to be here, and you can say the same about Antropov. If I am Hunt I would be on the phone telling other GM's that they are on the market, let's make a deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whatanathol

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Agreed re noel and antro'. They have checked out knowing they are not part of the gens 2020-2021 plans. I would trade them now. Cant be good for the dressing room.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Noel playing like he doesn't want to be here, and you can say the same about Antropov. If I am Hunt I would be on the phone telling other GM's that they are on the market, let's make a deal.

You always say how bad they're playing, and then finish the sentence with so let's trade them. If they're as bad as you say they are, why would other teams be trading for them....?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Don't think we'll be seeing Liam Whittaker anytime soon unless someone gets hurt or when Gross is gone at the World Juniors.

He didn't play much in the 1st and then had a brutal pinch in the 2nd for an Erie 3-on-1 and goal against. Tough for Whittaker who I'm sure was just trying to get something going after finally getting a chance to play, but didn't go well for him

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
You always say how bad they're playing, and then finish the sentence with so let's trade them. If they're as bad as you say they are, why would other teams be trading for them....?
Well you put the ? Maybe they will play better on an different team, because both have checked out on the General's. Reply :laugh:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Well you put the ? Maybe they will play better on an different team, because both have checked out on the General's. Reply :laugh:

I would say that trading your 2 biggest trade chips when both of their values are as low as they've ever been in their OHL careers would be a very bad idea lol. That would be the exact opposite of how to maximize a return

What's interesting is that I've heard rumours around a player+picks for player swap. But it's not Noel or Antropov as the Gens player going out in those rumours. But that's all they are for now is a rumour

Reactions: Bra Wavers

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
We’re coming up on a year since Hunt made his first splash last season with the Salinitri trade. It’s tough to strike gold twice, but I would love to bring in another player of Sal’s caliber. The PP could benefit from someone who can help dish the puck around and snipe too.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
We’re coming up on a year since Hunt made his first splash last season with the Salinitri trade. It’s tough to strike gold twice, but I would love to bring in another player of Sal’s caliber. The PP could benefit from someone who can help dish the puck around and snipe too.

That's definitely their biggest need is a sniper. If they're willing to replace Walker, I think you could get an OA sniper fairly easily (Lodnia). But if they're not, idk which 2000 or 2001 born snipers would be available with so many still up in the air in terms of the standings.

First 9 games:
9-0-0-0
4.8 goals for per game
2.8 goals against per game
33.0 shots per game

Last 13 games:
6-6-0-1
2.8 goals for per game
3.3 goals against per game
33.5 shots per game

Goals against are very similar, shots have actually gone up. Only difference from the first 9 to the last 13 is the Gens GF per game has gone down from 4.8 to 2.8. They're getting even more shots than they were during the hot start, they're just not finishing on them.

They're also shooting just 8.3% as a team in the last 13 games, which corsi would suggest will regress to the mean and will go up.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Very weird game. Erie should’ve been up like 8-1 after 2 periods but just refused to score on the goals the Gens were handing them. I haven’t seen the Gens be that bad for 40 straight minutes in any game I can remember. Assume they were looking ahead to a big game Sunday night against Sudbury and just didn’t show up for this one. And then somehow still come back and tie it up but the refs bail Erie out. Sure looked like Noel was outside of the crease when gross shot and they announced it was no goal, incidental contact. So incidental contact outside of the crease= good goal. Not sure why it was called off.

Oh well, they didn’t deserve to win anyways. If they play that awful for 40 straight minutes against like 16/19 teams in the league, they’d lose like 10-1

Only skaters who showed up were Suni and Neumann, who were both good for the whole night
Suni has impressed me. Newman obviously was an excellent pickup. Well who knows what we get with the Wolves tomorrow afternoon, They’re not exactly coming in on a roll.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Suni has impressed me. Newman obviously was an excellent pickup. Well who knows what we get with the Wolves tomorrow afternoon, They’re not exactly coming in on a roll.

Will be a game between 2 pretty good teams who are looking for a "get right" game. I have them as the 3rd and 4th best teams in the East. Although not sure which one is 3rd and which one is 4th yet

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Will be a game between 2 pretty good teams who are looking for a "get right" game. I have them as the 3rd and 4th best teams in the East. Although not sure which one is 3rd and which one is 4th yet
Who do you have slated as first at this point? Ottawa?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens play-by-play guy Mike Luck is doing the Sportsnet national broadcast today with Sam Consentino. Ottawa vs Mississauga. He's doing a good job

Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad