Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
According to a post on the Peterborough Petes page Jason Robertson wants to come to Peterborough to play with his brother.

That would make no sense. Jason Robertson will be in the OHL for 1 more season and the Petes will be terrible next year so for them to get an expensive rental would be so all-time bad asset management.

I'm all for it

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Originally he said he wanted to go OHL, but now a week later he says he plans on going to Sweden. That could just be a ploy to get certain teams to not draft him. You'd think certain teams (OSH/LDN/KIT) would be able to convince him to come $$$$$.

I'd be all for taking him and then if you can't get him to come, trade for Adam Ruzicka

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
The generals just signed 14 rd 2017 draft pick Lucas Thompson don't know to much about him but was a highly desired recruit for many teams.
Welcome aboard Lucas :thumbu:

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
You sure, Naz? The Gens twitter site shows him signing with the Hamilton Kilty Jr.B team!

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Greg Walters is a well respected "players" coach, known for developing young guys and winning.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens exhibition schedule has been released:

Fri, Aug 31 @ Mississauga (Hersey Centre Rink 2)
Sun, Sep 2 @ Peterborough (PMC)
Sat, Sept 15 vs Mississauga (Ajax Community Centre)
Sun, Sept 16 vs Peterborough (TCC)

GensLensBrandon

Nov 28, 2017
I can't be the only one thinking we are top contenders in the east next year right? Looking at the new post for 2018/2019 contenders everyone is only mentioning the IceDogs or the 67's.

Good years and healthy ones from Keyser, and repeat years for those like McShane, Noel and Brassard (if he's returned), plus who knows what the group of Tulio, Robinson and ??Perfetti?? could do.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I can't be the only one thinking we are top contenders in the east next year right? Looking at the new post for 2018/2019 contenders everyone is only mentioning the IceDogs or the 67's.

Good years and healthy ones from Keyser, and repeat years for those like McShane, Noel and Brassard (if he's returned), plus who knows what the group of Tulio, Robinson and ??Perfetti?? could do.

Yep agreed. With a Commisso, Brassard, Studnicka, Keyser entering their last season in the OHL, you’d think it’s the year to go for it. I’d expect big step ups from McShane-Noel-Antropov too. Gens have way more picks than NIA and a better roster if you as me going into next year. Ottawa will be a problem though. Almost everyone returning and have so many picks

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Any word on Perfetti at this point?

Bringing in all of Perfetti, Tullio and Robinson would be quite the coup of top GTHL talent in one draft.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Any word on Perfetti at this point?

Bringing in all of Perfetti, Tullio and Robinson would be quite the coup of top GTHL talent in one draft.

Can't make a trade until August so every day that passes with no SAG-Perfetti news, more and more likely he's still traded

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Nice to see Studnicka, among others, made the trip all the way back to Oshawa for the press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad