Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Gens @ KGN for the season opener Fri, Sept 21
Gens @ SBY for their home opener Fri, Sept 28
Gens vs NB for the Gens home opener: Sun, Sept 30

Sierra81

May 12, 2018
Usually when a team gets a new coach he will pick his own assistants. They are good assistant coaches they were just put in a bad spot last year. That why hunt had to come from the press box. I thought Jones would've been back this year. Can anyone see Marc savard being an assistant coach for Oshawa in the future?

Sierra81

May 12, 2018
I was hoping for a better home opener opponent. Nothing against north bay, but Stan butler teams play boring hockey. They also need to change back to the centennial jerseys, those ones look better.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Kinda disappointed the 'Perfetti deal" did not come to fruition. Thought with all the rumours he would end up in the Shwa. Wonder now if Tullio would have been selected had they known Perfetti could not be had? Or, did they base that selection in hope a deal could be had with Saginaw? Hmm!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Kinda disappointed the 'Perfetti deal" did not come to fruition. Thought with all the rumours he would end up in the Shwa. Wonder now if Tullio would have been selected had they known Perfetti could not be had? Or, did they base that selection in hope a deal could be had with Saginaw? Hmm!

No Tullio was definitely taken because his dads the Gens owner and not because of anything to do with Perfetti. I know for a fact as recently as a month ago that Perfetti was still not willing to go to Saginaw, so they did a great job in convincing him of their program. Now Hunt can use those picks to make this years team a top contender.

Roster right now before the import draft is looking like:
F:
Antropov-Studnicka-Noel
McShane-Commisso(OA)-???
Tullio-MacLean-Wong
Robinson-Resnick-Hewitson

D:
Ennis-Brassard(OA)
Brewer-Gross
Blacker-Allen(OA)
Rupoli

G:
Keyser
Peccia/Torchia

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
No Tullio was definitely taken because his dads the Gens owner and not because of anything to do with Perfetti. I know for a fact as recently as a month ago that Perfetti was still not willing to go to Saginaw, so they did a great job in convincing him of their program. Now Hunt can use those picks to make this years team a top contender.

Roster right now before the import draft is looking like:
F:
Antropov-Studnicka-Noel
McShane-Commisso(OA)-???
Tullio-MacLean-Wong
Robinson-Resnick-Hewitson

D:
Ennis-Brassard(OA)
Brewer-Gross
Blacker-Allen(OA)
Rupoli

G:
Keyser
Peccia/Torchia

Tullio’s #’s looked pretty good. How much of that was inflated by playing with Perfetti? Either way, Robinson sounds like a pretty good player, so snagging him in the 2nd round should hopefully pay off for us.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Tullio’s #’s looked pretty good. How much of that was inflated by playing with Perfetti? Either way, Robinson sounds like a pretty good player, so snagging him in the 2nd round should hopefully pay off for us.

Yeah it's a fair question. Of course Tullio did benefit from playing beside Perfetti, but so did Ty Roberts and he didn't put up the numbers Tullio did....

Tullio was a for sure late 1st/early 2nd rounder, so the Gens did reach, but not a crazy reach like he should've been a 4th or something. He's a very hard working 2 way C/winger (played both last year) who will immediately help the PK. Tough to play against and will block a ton of shots

If you had've told me before the draft the Gens got Robinson/Tullio with their first 2 picks I would've thought okay perfect Robinson went 11th and Tullio 28th. Very surprised it happened the other way around, but the "how did Robinson last until 28th" comments will be a plenty in 2 years

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Kyle Keyser is one of 4 goalies invited to Team USA summer camp for the World Junior team. And one of the goalies invited is only 17 so you'd think Keyser has a great shot to make the team

Radzy

Aug 28, 2012
Nico Gross-New York Rangers
Serron Noel-Florida Panthers
Kyle MacLean-New York Islanders as FA
as per the OHL website that is all the Gens have goung this year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Nico Gross-New York Rangers
Serron Noel-Florida Panthers
Kyle MacLean-New York Islanders as FA
as per the OHL website that is all the Gens have goung this year

Don't know if the list you saw is just this years draft+FA invites but also at NHL camps are Jack Studnicka (BOS), Kyle Keyser (BOS) and Matt Brassard (VAN). Although Brassard is hurt so he's only doing off-ice workouts at the VAN camp

Radzy

Aug 28, 2012
Don't know if the list you saw is just this years draft+FA invites but also at NHL camps are Jack Studnicka (BOS), Kyle Keyser (BOS) and Matt Brassard (VAN). Although Brassard is hurt so he's only doing off-ice workouts at the VAN camp

i may have over looked them i did a quick glance

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hunt expects gross back next year and he will be looking to take a forward on Thursday. That’s great news

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Yeah it's a fair question. Of course Tullio did benefit from playing beside Perfetti, but so did Ty Roberts and he didn't put up the numbers Tullio did....

Tullio was a for sure late 1st/early 2nd rounder, so the Gens did reach, but not a crazy reach like he should've been a 4th or something. He's a very hard working 2 way C/winger (played both last year) who will immediately help the PK. Tough to play against and will block a ton of shots

If you had've told me before the draft the Gens got Robinson/Tullio with their first 2 picks I would've thought okay perfect Robinson went 11th and Tullio 28th. Very surprised it happened the other way around, but the "how did Robinson last until 28th" comments will be a plenty in 2 years
Tullio has tons of skill and heart although at the ohl level he’ll find it somewhat more difficult to play that way. He needs players around him for sure. If Robinson can show he’s dedicated to the game on and off ice Oshawa has got a fantastic typical tough take no prisoner type for years to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad