Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Kenny Appleby signed with the Manitoba Moose today. Still pretty surprised the Devils didn't qualify him. He should be competing with Comrie or Brossoit for starts. Surely he's better than Brossoit.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Guess it wasn't a coaching job closer to home for Jones that was alluded to earlier after turning the Gens job down?

He wanted to stay, but he wanted more money than they were offering so both parties went their separate ways

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
He wanted to stay, but he wanted more money than they were offering so both parties went their separate ways
Yeah I read that but I don't know how Coach Jones can justify more money as he was off on sick leave the whole season (and I know it was serious) I do wish him well in health and his new gig in the AHL with the Texas Stars.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah I read that but I don't know how Coach Jones can justify more money as he was off on sick leave the whole season (and I know it was serious) I do wish him well in health and his new gig in the AHL with the Texas Stars.

Did you see the write-up the official Dallas Stars twitter account did about him? Whoever wrote it clearly had no idea that he missed last season. They quoted his 3 year stats with the Gens despite him only actually coaching for 2 of the 3 years

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Did you see the write-up the official Dallas Stars twitter account did about him? Whoever wrote it clearly had no idea that he missed last season. They quoted his 3 year stats with the Gens despite him only actually coaching for 2 of the 3 years
Yeah I did noticed that. technically he did but the 3rd year he wasn't behind the bench :laugh:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah I did noticed that. technically he did but the 3rd year he wasn't behind the bench :laugh:

I don't think you can say you won 36 games as a head coach when you weren't behind the bench for even 1 of them. Wonder who would get credit for the wins though because both assistants technically have the same role. Although on OHL.com they still listed Bob Jones as the head coach for every game

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004
I don't think you can say you won 36 games as a head coach when you weren't behind the bench for even 1 of them. Wonder who would get credit for the wins though because both assistants technically have the same role. Although on OHL.com they still listed Bob Jones as the head coach for every game
He was technically the Head Coach, but I agree, if you’re not physically behind the bench, you shouldn’t get credit for the wins.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Hey everyone! Wolves fan here! I was just wondering who you guys are hoping for OA? And if there is a realistic chance that the wolves could get ahold of Stillman?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I expect some low level trades once the trade freeze lifts in August. Gens will be looking to move Eric Henderson, Brendan Harrogate, and Cole Ceci.

I'd think someone would spend a mid-round pick (4th-6th) on Henderson but can't see anyone using Harrogate as an OA. Ceci would all depend on if the new OA goalie rule comes in or not. If it doesn't, nobody is using an OA spot on Ceci as a backup goalie. But if the rule does come in, someone could want Ceci as he showed last year that he's a legit OHL backup. Or do the Gens keep Ceci as the backup goalie if the new OA rule comes in? Would mean you have to move Peccia then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->