Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Keyser GAA drops to 2.38 whichh is the lowest in the emtire OHL.

Also leads the league in save % and shutouts now too. The Gens got 3 years of Keyser for just one 2nd round pick...... Might be the biggest steal of the last 5-10 years in the OHL

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Don't see every Gens game but I think this is the best I have seen them play this year. Score could have been 10-0. They have to learn to bury their ops!

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Generals haven't considered name change after news of GM plant closure - Sportsnet.ca

Interesting, this thought didn't even cross my mind. Do Gens fans think this would really be an issue?

Nope, GM isn’t what keeps the city running anymore, but it was a huge part of the comeup of Oshawa as a city and the Gens as a team. They haven’t flown fighter jets out of Windsor since WW2 but they’re still the Spitfires because that’s the city’s history. And the “Oshawa Generals” name is linked with success. Most memorial cups in CHL history. It’s really hard get that reputation and the Gens have it, so why throw that away and rebrand now

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
If the depietro rumours this morning are true it’s Sell time. Makes no sense to be the third best team in the East this year. Get some ammunition for adding next year by moving players who won’t be back.

I’m sure London would be interested in Studnicka .

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
If i'm Roger Hunt, he knows that Ottawa is now set up like we were in 2015. Its obvious that a London- Ottawa Final could be on the horizon. The Generals can realistically be really good the next two years so they should be looking at moving players who won't be back.

Keyser
Studnicka
Brassard
Henderson
Salintri

someone like Mclean could be back next year but could have value for another team.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
we are defiantly not buyers and as much as i don't want to trade Brassard and Studnicka but that might be what we have to do as those two won't be back next season, get something back for next season, that's what I think the gens do. we'll see in 5 weeks.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
i agree but if Tullio is thinking about playoff revenue then the two rounds they could get might stop from being smart. They could geta good young player and picks for keyser and studnicka

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
It's impossible to know what Hunt's plans are (he's only traded Commisso for Salinitri straight up so far) but with DiPietro going to OTT, the Gens have by far the best goalie that's potentially on the block

If Guelph, Owen Sound or Saginaw decide that they want to go for it this year, then they'll likely need to upgrade in net and the Gens could sell Keyser for a lot more than they could've yesterday when DiPietro was still an option for teams

Just thinking out loud here but Keyser and Studnicka to OS for Guzda, Seed, and 5 2nds. That would make OS pretty good in the West and the Gens pretty good next year

Or something like Studnicka to SAG for Porco and 3-4 2nds

Last edited:
Reactions: gensfan2k2

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
If i'm Roger Hunt, he knows that Ottawa is now set up like we were in 2015. Its obvious that a London- Ottawa Final could be on the horizon. The Generals can realistically be really good the next two years so they should be looking at moving players who won't be back.

Keyser
Studnicka
Brassard
Henderson
Salintri

someone like Mclean could be back next year but could have value for another team.

I think you guys will be fine. The Gens are the only team that realistically has a shot a beating the 67’s in the east. So stand your ground and you’ll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad