Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Well that leaves a wide birth as far a statements go. At least it answers some immediate questions. More answers in a couple weeks when JR’s get going. Very suspenseful.
Does Keyser run the weekend? Back to Back to Back? Or does the Rook get a shot? Like I said, very suspenseful.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Well that leaves a wide birth as far a statements go. At least it answers some immediate questions. More answers in a couple weeks when JR’s get going. Very suspenseful.
Does Keyser run the weekend? Back to Back to Back? Or does the Rook get a shot? Like I said, very suspenseful.

Sbrocca won’t get a start. I’d assume Ceci gets Kingston

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
That Kingston game is televised on SN. Wouldn’t you think Keyser plays that?

True I didn’t consider that. But he’ll definitely be in net tonight. And you’d think you’d want him vs DiPietro in the Teddy bear Toss. Maybe that’ll be the “sorry for stringing you along just to cut you” national TV start for Ceci lol

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Yah when I look at it I can see Keyser playing all 3. That’s a tough task though for a goalie.
He’s young, he’ll get over it. Lol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yah when I look at it I can see Keyser playing all 3. That’s a tough task though for a goalie.
He’s young, he’ll get over it. Lol

What's best for the team is definitely Keyser going Fri/Sun and Ceci going Saturday. And Keyser is already signed by the Bruins so he doesn't need the exposure on SN. But being a first year coach who came from a league that wasn't televised, Walters has never had to deal with this before so not sure what his views on it are. Didn't Jones give Ceci the SN start the last time the Gens were on it against one of the top teams?

Edit: went back and looked and yep, both games on Sportsnet last year they started Ceci and had Keyser on the bench because it was game 2 of a 3-in-3 (Ceci lost both to Barrie and Kingston, who were both very good)

Last edited:

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
I don’t know the answer to that.
What if your correct and Keyser does the book ends , then Ceci does the middle, what OA sits out against Kingston?
Can’t see Salinitri sitting for his second game. Can’t see Brassard either. So Henderson?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I don’t know the answer to that.
What if your correct and Keyser does the book ends , then Ceci does the middle, what OA sits out against Kingston?
Can’t see Salinitri sitting for his second game. Can’t see Brassard either. So Henderson?

Yeah I'd definitely guess Henderson. Although with Tullio out, if you sit Brassard and play Franche, that would also make sense just because even without Brassard, the D are still pretty good

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Can’t help but think there’s a revenge factor from the last Kingston game. 5-1 to Kingston is really not a good result. With the moves they made last week they should be ripe for the picking.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Can’t help but think there’s a revenge factor from the last Kingston game. 5-1 to Kingston is really not a good result. With the moves they made last week they should be ripe for the picking.

Gens are 1-0 against Kingston this year when Jason Robertson doesn’t get a hattrick... lol

Reactions: dirty12

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Gens 4
Storm 3

GWG studnicka

GENS 6
Fronts 2

GWG Noel

Gens 5
Spits 4

GWG- Wong

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Already liking Salinitri with McShane. You could see Salinitri’s speed right away and it seemed to give McShane a ton of jump to have someone on his line who he can create with. Surprised they had Salinitri at centre though. Was a winger for Sarnia and went 3/16 on draws tonight. I know the stats community doesn’t value faceoffs very much but McShane is good on draws so I’d let him take them and develop as a C and let Salinitri play wing. We’ll see what they do. Good win to start the weekend though

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Thank God we have Keyser in net as we wouldn't be where we are in the standings if it wasn't for him, our defensive play is just awful, hope it's corrected sooner than later.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Agreed Naz. The other teams seem to have guys wide open in front of our net and the 2 on 1s are far too prevalent. That's why I questioned earlier who coaches the defence although it's the complete defensive play in their own zone that's at fault.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Afterthought on a separate line of thinking... get Neumann!
I think instead of getting another offensive player Hunt should be looking for a stay home defenseman.
This years team defenseive play completely different from last season, and I know new coach yadda yadda but seems like we have a whole bunch of defenseman out there.

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
I thought is was a well played game, until the last few minutes. After they go up 4-1 they relax a bit too much and leave Keyser hung out to dry. He had no help on the goals and had to make some big stops to pull it out. This is a good team. If they can focus and play 60 mins they’ll be in tough in every game.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think instead of getting another offensive player Hunt should be looking for a stay home defenseman.
This years team defenseive play completely different from last season, and I know new coach yadda yadda but seems like we have a whole bunch of defenseman out there.

Couldn’t possibly disagree more. Stay at home Dmen aren’t what wins anymore. You need guys who can skate and jump in the rush. Not to mention Walters style is for her D to jump up even more than most coaches. You need players to go with your style. A stay at home D would directly go against his style

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I thought is was a well played game, until the last few minutes. After they go up 4-1 they relax a bit too much and leave Keyser hung out to dry. He had no help on the goals and had to make some big stops to pull it out. This is a good team. If they can focus and play 60 mins they’ll be in tough in every game.

Agree. Not sure where these “the D sucks” takes come from after that game. Guelph is a top 3 team in the West and they got next to no 5-on-5 chances (only real one was the brassard turnover that lead directly to a 2-on-1 and goal) in the first 57 minutes of the game. Their PP got some really good chances but that’s what happens when you’re a man down against the 2nd best PP in the league

Ratcliffe is one of the toughest guys to stay with because of his size, strength and speed and Brewer/Gross limited him to next to nothing through 57 minutes. Brewer and Gross have turned into a legit top D shutdown pair this season, and they’ll both be back next season (and Brewer the one after that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad