Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
That was a good win tonight. Got the lead early and put the clamps on Barrie all game. The Gens limited them to very few 5-on-5 chances all night. Keyser becomes the 8th goalie in franchise history with 50 wins and Tullio is now tied for 5th in true rookie goals and leads the team and all true rookie with 3 game winners

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Saw the box score how did Barrie get all three stars in a a loss .

Joey Keane with a brutal turnover for the Noel shorthanded goal (2nd star) and Brown scored on his own net for the Gens first goal (3rd star). I guess Barrie counted those as them being crucial to the game, just for the wrong team lol

Reactions: three dog night

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Nice to see them keep shots against down. Tulio turning into a nice first round pick. Like his hustle and thinking he might grow a little based on the size of his old man. Vallati is getting better each game. Great pick up

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Mississauga has lost 6 in a row and this is their 2nd last game before Tippett is gone for a month. A Gens win tonight could really push them into sell mode

Reactions: three dog night

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Losses recently to Sarnia and Mississauga last night show we lack the extra scoring needed.
There are two paths to take here. Trade and add two top scorers this year to go with the goaltending Keyser has provided. Or it’s time to sell.

Realistically right now Oshawa sits behind
Ottawa, London, Niagara, Soo and Sudbury which gets you only to the second rd of the playoffs .

Now if you added two top scorers you could be considered in with the top group.

I don’t know if that’s a Frost or Suzuki but it will cost remaining picks they have.
This team is a good team but this year being a good team will get you no where.

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
Losses recently to Sarnia and Mississauga last night show we lack the extra scoring needed.
There are two paths to take here. Trade and add two top scorers this year to go with the goaltending Keyser has provided. Or it’s time to sell.

Realistically right now Oshawa sits behind
Ottawa, London, Niagara, Soo and Sudbury which gets you only to the second rd of the playoffs .

Now if you added two top scorers you could be considered in with the top group.

I don’t know if that’s a Frost or Suzuki but it will cost remaining picks they have.
This team is a good team but this year being a good team will get you no where.

I agree were not in there with ottawa and niagra but I have 0 faith in sudbury for them to last. I'm okay with maybr trading a couple depth guys. But I dont see the need to do anything drastic unless someone knocks our socks off.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I agree were not in there with ottawa and niagra but I have 0 faith in sudbury for them to last. I'm okay with maybr trading a couple depth guys. But I dont see the need to do anything drastic unless someone knocks our socks off.

Agreed. Sudbury is basically the gens with a goalie who carries them but they don’t have a Studnucka or Noel (their Studnicka/Noel is a rookie and a year or two away) and our D is better

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I include Sudbury only because they are right there at the top of their division. I’m sure all teams currently ahead of us will add as well in some way.

To me it’s not good enough to go 6 or 7 games in a second rd to lose not only the series but services of studnicka and Keyser for nothing.

But if the Gens are series about this year then with an added OA like Saigeon or Brazeau plus top end scorer or two then the Generals can compete for a league championship.

Cost would be players like Wong and or brewer plus remaining seconds we have as tullio is not an option for a January trade.

Clock is ticking on which direction they will head.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I include Sudbury only because they are right there at the top of their division. I’m sure all teams currently ahead of us will add as well in some way.

To me it’s not good enough to go 6 or 7 games in a second rd to lose not only the series but services of studnicka and Keyser for nothing.

But if the Gens are series about this year then with an added OA like Saigeon or Brazeau plus top end scorer or two then the Generals can compete for a league championship.

Cost would be players like Wong and or brewer plus remaining seconds we have as tullio is not an option for a January trade.

Clock is ticking on which direction they will head.

I still hope they try to add a huge fish like Hayton or Dellandrea. Give Wong and a million picks if you need to and overpay but get them for 2 years. Problem is any team who offers their rookie 1st is ahead of us because we can’t match that offer

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Given that both Brazeau and Saigeon are both overagers and won't/can't be back, I would like to see Dellandrea and Hayton here as both are 2020s. I know it would cost a king's ransom (like every 2nd and 3rd the Gens have!) but would put the team in great shape for the 2019-20 season. Keyser likely gone but if he is the only major loss, we would be loaded for a Mem Cup next year. As someone stated above, find a crackerjack goalie in the Import Draft like the Wolves picked up this year; problem solved! One can always dream?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Given that both Brazeau and Saigeon are both overagers and won't/can't be back, I would like to see Dellandrea and Hayton here as both are 2020s. I know it would cost a king's ransom (like every 2nd and 3rd the Gens have!) but would put the team in great shape for the 2019-20 season. Keyser likely gone but if he is the only major loss, we would be loaded for a Mem Cup next year. As someone stated above, find a crackerjack goalie in the Import Draft like the Wolves picked up this year; problem solved! One can always dream?

Studnicka and eggenberger gone too. Those will be significant losses

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Studnicka and eggenberger gone too. Those will be significant losses
Exactly. Replace them with the 2 mentioned but then what do you have left in the cupboard to put them over the top next year. Ottawa and London will be very very good still. Hunt is in a tough spot.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Exactly. Replace them with the 2 mentioned but then what do you have left in the cupboard to put them over the top next year. Ottawa and London will be very very good still. Hunt is in a tough spot.

Yeah. The advantage next year would be that they can trade away their first round pick for a big asset, which they can’t do this year

Reactions: Nerf27

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Keep discounting the Wolves. Love me the under the radar, underdog role. Really hope teams head into the playoffs with that mindset. You have a physical, hard working team with an outstanding goaltender and most importantly a balanced roster. Perfect recipe for the playoffs and wearing teams down.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I would not be surprised if Eggenberger would be back. The entire defence minus Brassard would be returned plus Dellandrea, Hayton, Drouin, Robinson, Noel, McShane Tullio, Antropov, Wong, Eggenberger and our 1st and 2nd rounders . That's a pretty solid set of forwards. Would not have any of the '99 forwards back except MacLean find but would find the overagers from teams who have excess, if required. The problem bringing Eggy back is no Euro goalie but that would be alleviated if he did not return.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I would not be surprised if Eggenberger would be back. The entire defence minus Brassard would be returned plus Dellandrea, Hayton, Drouin, Robinson, Noel, McShane Tullio, Antropov, Wong, Eggenberger and our 1st and 2nd rounders . That's a pretty solid set of forwards. Would not have any of the '99 forwards back except MacLean find but would find the overagers from teams who have excess, if required. The problem bringing Eggy back is no Euro goalie but that would be alleviated if he did not return.

Yeah it's hard to say if he gets drafted or not. It's '01's being drafted so is someone going to go 2 years younger for a 99? (although he has a late bday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad