Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Generalupdates what’s your take on salanitri for 2 2nds and 4th as OA ? Isn’t he similar to commisso?

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
First time posting on another teams thread but, 2 seconds imo is a lot for Sal.... not knocking him ..... Sal is a fine player.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Not loving this . This is a move that keeps status quo. I guess the big OA’s cost too much. Now who is backing up Keyser as we hope he doesn’t get hurt. Ceci will be out unless Henderson is moved.

Not seeing love on the Sarnia board except they can’t believe they got two seconds for him. Hope a change in locations helps Anthony.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
That makes 8 LW in their lineup right now. Hmmm! Sounds like another shoe will drop soon. There are a couple of LWers who might be at risk to lose their positions (cut) or possibly another trade. Salinitri is almost one of the two finishers I alluded to a few days back. Not exactly the quality I was hoping for but he is better than average. They still need another 'sniper'! Salinitri would have better numbers but got off to a slow start this year.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Just checked his stats. Not too bad. He is an improvement for the team. Obviously the big OAs cost a lot.

Maybe like jaycro says another shoe will drop

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I wouldn’t look too much into LW/RW. They often play both sides. Noel and Eggenberger switch wings every other game.

Salinitri is now 3rd in the Gens in scoring. 2 points behind Noel and studnucka. He leads the team in shots with 21 more than Studnicka who’s in 2nd. That’s what we badly needed is a guy who can score

I think this will be biggest for McShane. He’s a hell of a player but with a better than point per game winger you’ll see his point totals skyrocket

Last edited:

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Now the Gens do not have a 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th or 10th in this year's draft! Slim pickens if you ask me!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Not loving this . This is a move that keeps status quo. I guess the big OA’s cost too much. Now who is backing up Keyser as we hope he doesn’t get hurt. Ceci will be out unless Henderson is moved.

Not seeing love on the Sarnia board except they can’t believe they got two seconds for him. Hope a change in locations helps Anthony.

What makes you think this is the status quo? If anything to me this says the opposite. If the plan wasn’t for this year, you don’t make this move. I still hope the huge move is for Dellandrea or Hayton, then you get your 2 year window with that player. We’ll see I guess

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Just speculation but Anthony wanted to go to Windsor to finish his career in his hometown. This might just be a short landing spot and a trade with Windsor is forthcoming.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Yeah but! ...Those 2nds 4-5 years from now are not going to help next spring. Like the thought that Salinitri might be on the move again, but doubt it or it would have been done already. Why would Warren need a middleman to get Salinitri?

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Yeah but! ...Those 2nds 4-5 years from now are not going to help next spring. Like the thought that Salinitri might be on the move again, but doubt it or it would have been done already. Why would Warren need a middleman to get Salinitri?
Maybe Oshawa will ask for less than Sarnia would have if he dealt directly with them.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Can’t see why it would make sense for the Gens or Windsor to do that. The Gens will be pretty good again next year so the first round pick will join the team but won’t have much room for any other rookies anyways, similar to this year how it was just tullio and robinson who made it

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This is a big Sarnia fan on Salinitri:
upload_2018-11-28_18-48-9.jpeg

Reactions: Nerf27

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012

The funny thing is we said the same when we got 2 2nds for Commiso. I think this is good value for s better player. Commiso only played when he felt like it. Sal is not a lazy guy and we need that injection to this lineup. Hope the younger guys follow his example

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
This is a big Sarnia fan on Salinitri:
View attachment 159373
I’ve watched him a lot, he never blew me away with his speed...he skates good but not great, has a good shot on him, I wasn’t blown away by his work ethic, I mean for the most part he works hard but his compete level definitely doesn’t stand out. He is a great Pk guy that can score on the Pk too! Final assessment- good skater, good shot, average work ethic, great PK guy.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
We don't need a BUG right now...unless you know something I don't.

Can only have 3 OAs and now have Brassard, Henderson and Salinitri. And Ceci is an OA. But with many Americans thinking Keyser won’t be on the WJ team, your BUG isn’t very important for the time being

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Could be Henderson? Hasn't done much since his fast start. But, you are likely correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad