Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 307081

Franche on the 4th line again makes no sense,I know its a minor thing but no successful team has a dman playing on the 4th line. I wish Hunt would trade for a forward to play on that spot on the 4th line so the coaching staff cant put a dman there.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Franche on the 4th line again makes no sense,I know its a minor thing but no successful team has a dman playing on the 4th line. I wish Hunt would trade for a forward to play on that spot on the 4th line so the coaching staff cant put a dman there.

Franche didn't dress again tonight. The LDN board had him playing, but they were wrong

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Nice win tonight, London got back in the game late with their goalie out, but prior to that it was all Gens. McShane was out tonight though and with 2:30 left in the 2nd Brassard looked to hurt his left arm and he never returned. Will be in tough Sunday at the tail end of a 3-in-4 if we're without McShane+Brassard and it'll likely be Ceci in net. Good bounceback weekend regardless though

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I said before the weekend the Gens would win 2/3 and I’ll stick with that. I expect a better effort from the Petes after the Gens badly outplayed them the last 2 games. And they’ll likely go Jones for the 3rd time this weekend

4-3 PBO, Robertson

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Always tough playing the role of the underdog against the 5th ranked team in the CHL. Great game and week for the team. Nice to see some production from various players other than our usual guys.

Looks like Cam Butler might be poised to take over Nick Ritchie’s role of “guy who gets tossed early in every Gens vs Pete’s game”.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Basically a perfect weekend (other than losing McShane and Brassard to injury). Outplayed the other team for majority of the game in all 3 and get 6/6 points. Was really impressed with Gross/Brewer tonight against the Robertson-SDA-Gogolev line. They were on them all night and barely gave them anything. Nico Gross is turning into a really good 2way D-man, and he's likely back next year too

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
2018-2019 Gens HFBoards Standings:
Last Game Calculated: Oct 21 vs PBO

GensFan2k2: 8
GeneralsUpdates: 6
Pepsihead: 6
GensBrandon: 2
AWagner3018: 2
FriedmansBaldSpot: 1
SeniorJuniorFan: 1
TuckerFan1: 0
Sakic19: 0
ViewFromSection9: 0

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Former Gen Nathan Torchia has joined Mitchell Hewitson with the Georgetown Raiders of the OJHL. The Raiders are coached by former Gen Scott McCrory

member 307081

That sucks for torchia, he was supposed to be pretty good if I remember , there was scouts calling him one of the best goalies in the draft behind ingham.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Well not saying it will happen but should the Generals go after Jason Robertson ? There would be a couple of 2nd picks and possibly 3rd & conditional picks plus a couple of our young talent players.

OHLInsiders(.com)
The Kingston #Frontenacs have put Jason Robertson on the #OHL trade wire. Don't think it means anything is imminent but it does indicate that the process of moving the highly coveted forward has begun. Robertson was selected 39th overall by the @DallasStars in 2017.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Well not saying it will happen but should the Generals go after Jason Robertson ? There would be a couple of 2nd picks and possibly 3rd & conditional picks plus a couple of our young talent players.

OHLInsiders(.com)
The Kingston #Frontenacs have put Jason Robertson on the #OHL trade wire. Don't think it means anything is imminent but it does indicate that the process of moving the highly coveted forward has begun. Robertson was selected 39th overall by the @DallasStars in 2017.

He’d cost an ‘02 rookie first as well as picks and we’re not trading Tullio, so no

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
U17's are Nov 3-10 in New Brunswick which means that Robinson and Tullio will likely miss 4 games (Nov 2 vs OS, Nov 4 vs BAR, Nov 9 vs OTT, Nov 10 @ KGN) Gens will be down to 10 forwards for that stretch (11 if McKinney is up, but he's never even played an OHL game before). Hopefully see a minor move soon and get a Harrogate/McCool type for cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad