Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GensBrandon

Dec 19, 2015
Gens win big in Hamilton again tonight is my guess. Roy can't be that lucky against us this time.

I say 6-1 Oshawa.

Eggenberger continues his point streak with the GWG.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Gens win big in Hamilton again tonight is my guess. Roy can't be that lucky against us this time.

I say 6-1 Oshawa.

Eggenberger continues his point streak with the GWG.

Gens have struggled against rookie goalies for whatever reason, although small sample size

member 307081

I know it probably won’t happen but since flint is terrible I’d all be for trading for Keppen, on cheaper front maybe a hunter Holmes

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Agreed. He is terrible. And the yelling. Jim Ross wanna be. Expect to hear the odd “my gawd!”

He went on a self-campaign to try to become a Bruins announcer in the off-season lol. But unsuccessfully.

the colour guy is pretty good luckily. He's losing his mind thinking the refs called too many men because they didn't realize the goalie got pulled. the colour guy is like "uhh no Reed, the 6th guy came on and Roy turned around to start going back to the net"

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Another game where the Gens were better at 5-on-5 for the majority of it is a big positive. Had a bunch of grade A chances but Richardson was really good tonight. The PP is going to need to be better

Also McShane left hurt and never returned for the 3rd. Not good after he missed games last weekend

Last edited:

member 307081

Should be a win tonight with keyser in net. Tullio and Robinson are looking better and better with every oh l game

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Gensfan63 said it right they need to know what time the game starts, because as the game went on we we're the better team.
I keep shaking my head why are Franche and Resnick on the team both are 99's and very seldom play, don't see them as OA's next season(God help us if they are) rather see 00's or 01's instead.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I completely agree with you, Naz. Can't see what Resnick brings to the team except energy and a little toughness; two things a younger player can bring. He did verty little last year scoring wise so don't see him as an OA either. Franche I have only seen once so I really can't comment but carrying a '99 in his 1st year does not make a lot of sense to me. Both might have value to a struggling team in a trade along with picks, say for a Dellandrea, J. Robertson or Saigeon or Kaliyev. The Gens do not have a pure sniper aside from Noel and could use one or two from that wish list.

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Some teams have a lot of depth at forward. Some teams have a little depth at forward. The Gens have zero depth at forward. They have 12 guys right now so there is a good reason why some of them are still here.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Duke Guy... explain please. They are ranked as a top team in the league and a contender this year and built for serious contention next year. How can that be with "zero depth"?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Duke Guy... explain please. They are ranked as a top team in the league and a contender this year and built for serious contention next year. How can that be with "zero depth"?

I think he means that the Gens have the top end talent, but no depth because they only have 12 F. You can't not play resnick because there's literally nobody to go in for him

And regarding Resnick/Franche trades, no team would trade for them. Resnick provides nothing other than a body and Franche has never played in this league and is a '99. I would like to see Franche and Blacker each play 50% of the time with the other guy being a scratch, but Walters seems to like Blacker a lot more than Franche

I'd like to see Hunt go get a '99 who will likely be back next year soon. Some candidates could be Yantsis (Kit), Purboo (WSR), Boka (WSR), Neumann (KGN), Willms (BAR), Nurse (HAM), McGregor (SAR), Josling (SAR)

Go with:
F Lines:
MacLean-Studnicka-new guy
Eggenberger-McShane-Noel
Antropov-Henderson-Tullio
Wong-Robinson-Drouin
Others: McKinney, Resnick

D Pairings:
Brewer-Gross
Ennis-Brassard
Blacker/Franche-Vallati
Others: Rupoli