TV: Orphan Black - BBC America's New Series

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

We got a new trailer last week and the most surprising piece of news that the show was moving to Thursdays at 10.

It took me a while to warm up to the trailer, but after watching it a few times, I started to like it. I know it's just a trailer, but I'm a little worried about Kira, especially after the monkey doll burning scene.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
New Trailer came out today. It is a very interesting style BBC America is doing with their trailers these days. This looks more in line with Doctor Who than Orphan Black, but based on that trailer, I'm getting pretty excited. Looks like we're really going to delve into Beth and I've been wanting that since she jumped in front of the train.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Orphan Black, I ****ing Love You!!!!!!

I'm way too excited for 11:00 at night but that episode was amazing and put the entirety of Season 3 to shame. I've always wanted a Beth flashback episode and I got one and it did not disappoint. I saw some comments about people being confused by it, and I have to say I am so glad I rewatched the entire series before this season started. When we see the scene where Beth shoots Maggie Chen, it was like this entire series made all the sense in the world. In just 45 minutes, the writers took all these peices of this jigsaw puzzle, put them all together and this season we are in for a hell of a ride.

I was looking forward to this episode all day long. At work I was thinking "I can't wait till Orphan Black, I can't Wait till Orphan Black". Heck, I was more excited about the series than my favorite Hockey team winning Game 1 in LA. That episode was the best season premiere this show has had, I already don't regret buying the season pass on Itunes, and I will probably rewatch it this weekend. Holy Moly I want it to be next week already.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Just caught up, that was a wild episode. Things are starting to happen now. I feel like this show always starts a little on the slow side, setting the table before everything breaks loose midway through.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Just caught up, that was a wild episode. Things are starting to happen now. I feel like this show always starts a little on the slow side, setting the table before everything breaks loose midway through.

I think this season has been fantastic but I haven't really been posting about it here because of lack of interest and I post in various orphan black groups and the Reddit page. The last two episodes have really pulled at the heartstrings and Tat is still amazing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just got done watching episode 4 (fell aspleep during it, happened again with ep 5). Veera Suominen... :laugh: Accent definitely wasn't Finnish. At least the newspaper articles had correct Finnish language.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Just got done watching episode 4 (fell aspleep during it, happened again with ep 5). Veera Suominen... :laugh: Accent definitely wasn't Finnish. At least the newspaper articles had correct Finnish language.

Are you falling asleep because you're tired or because of quality of episodes. I haven't been bored by this season at all and actually consider it tighter written than season 3.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Are you falling asleep because you're tired or because of quality of episodes. I haven't been bored by this season at all and actually consider it tighter written than season 3.

While I do end up watching the episodes just before going to bed, I end up falling asleep towards the end of the episodes recently.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
But that's when all the best stuff happens.

LOL, exactly.

I agree with you that there appears to be lack of interest here on the boards. I really can't believe it either, the show is amazing. I got about a half dozen of my coworkers hooked before this season and they binge watched to catch up. I honestly don't know how you could watch the first episode and not want to learn more.

I liked the past episode a lot though, was nice to see Felix have such a big role in pulling things together. They are really getting beat on this year, Cosima & Sarah have had a tough few weeks. Now poor Donnie & Allison are in trouble.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
LOL, exactly.

I agree with you that there appears to be lack of interest here on the boards. I really can't believe it either, the show is amazing. I got about a half dozen of my coworkers hooked before this season and they binge watched to catch up. I honestly don't know how you could watch the first episode and not want to learn more.

I liked the past episode a lot though, was nice to see Felix have such a big role in pulling things together. They are really getting beat on this year, Cosima & Sarah have had a tough few weeks. Now poor Donnie & Allison are in trouble.

Not only do I love Maslany, but Gavaris has also been a revelation on this show. They really haven't given Felix that much to do this season and the stuff with his biological sister was decent, but I felt this last episode was the first time Felix has really shined since season 1. That scene on the bridge should gerner both Maslany and Gavaris an emmy nomination, but I know that will not happen.

member 51464

LOL, exactly.

I enjoyed Season 1, but season 2 seemed a bit stupid. The main actress is sexy and talented, but an amazing show that does not make.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That episode put Season 4 over the top for me as best season of the series. This is really coming together well, and it was just a fantastic episode all the way around.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm always a week behind. Damn kid and their activities!! :laugh:

But wow, this season has taken off as usual. So much going on again. I love Donnie, he is one of my favorite characters, he's like a regular person stuck in a sci-fi thriller. Him in prison is one of my favorite plot moments of the year.

Should be a wild last two episodes.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This season has been so good I might skip the final parts of the Sharks game for the new episode tonight. Can't believe there are only two episodes left. Where did this season go. :(

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
This season has been so good I might skip the final parts of the Sharks game for the new episode tonight. Can't believe there are only two episodes left. Where did this season go. :(

I know, it feels like it just started!!

Three of my favorite shows just started and are already wrapping up in the next two weeks. GOT, POI, and this.

Off topic, As a Bruins fan, and Manchester Monarchs fan; I am cheering for Joe & Martin Jones; so hope you guys turn it around tonight!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad