TV: Orphan Black - BBC America's New Series

member 51464

Hmm, since I thought season 1 was good but not amazing, but season 2 is seen as universally a step down, I shall not waste my time.

Thanks, team.

RJ8812*

Hmm, since I thought season 1 was good but not amazing, but season 2 is seen as universally a step down, I shall not waste my time.

Thanks, team.

I don't think it was bad. If you liked the first season, then I would give the 2nd season a shot

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That was a great start to the season. I'm still digesting it, but I was expecting a lot going in and came out satisfied. After a few hours, I do admit it did rush things a bit, but as a setting up point for the season, it felt on par with last year's premiere. We have a foundation of where this season is going with the new Castor clones, trying to get Helena out, and Delphine in the new role and I think in a few episodes we are going to really dig deeper into what all this means. I'm really interested to see where this season goes.

I do not trust Delphine one bit though. That scene with Rachel and the eye was just cruel (And I think Rachel deserved something but man that was tough) and that Ferdinand guy was a creep.

I don't think we got names to any of the Castor clones, but I keep hearing Rudy, Seth, and someone else? Who is who? The only Castor clone we know of right now is Mark and hopefully he and Gracie comes back in maybe episode 3.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I thought the opener was just a mess. The whole male clones coming and going, no idea who they are......and therefore not really caring, not a good way to setup a season. I have the rest of the aired episodes on the dvr, but haven't watched them yet. Hoping it gets better.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I was so bored with the second episode I turned it off With like 15 minutes left. show is a mess

Seems like the episode demand is greater than the writer's vision/ability to create.

Should've ended at season 1 if that is the extent that of their good ideas. Will try and watch another just because of the sheer brilliance of Tatiana Maslany.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I've really liked this season but it was very nice to get an episode with no castor clones and featuring Alison and Cosima. This might have been the best episode of the season, but like I said I think I like this season more than season 2.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ok, just finished watching the season finale via Netflix. I was positively surprised, it was a much better finale than last season's and far less confusing than early parts of the season. I have to say though that up until the finale, Helena & Alison were far more entertaining then the rest of the characters.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Whatever happened to the storyline of male clone(s) played by Maslany?

ob208_tony.jpg

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Whatever happened to the storyline of male clone(s) played by Maslany?

ob208_tony.jpg

He was trans I believe. Started off as a girl but wanted to be a guy. And I think he left to hide so he wouldn't get tangled up in the mess. But I'm not sure about that part.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
just got turned on to this show a little over a week ago. Have way through season 2 now. I absolutely love it; can't believe there isn't more people talking about it.

Season one was fantastic, and I had high hopes but expected season two to disappoint, but I was terribly wrong thus far. Season two is better than the first, at least so far. Tatiana Maslany is incredibly talented and I often can't believe that all the clones are the same person. Remarkable performance.

I'm currently torn between binge watching the whole thing, or trying to take my time with season 3 so I won't have to wait as long as find out more in the spring.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Just binged my way thru all 3 seasons and HOLY ****, this show is just amazing. Tatiana Maslany has put together one of the greatest TV acting performances of all time. Her ability to give all of her characters such distinct personalities and nuances is amazing.

When will season 4 be airing?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Just binged my way thru all 3 seasons and HOLY ****, this show is just amazing. Tatiana Maslany has put together one of the greatest TV acting performances of all time. Her ability to give all of her characters such distinct personalities and nuances is amazing.

I think April

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

I've only heard Spring 2016, so probably April or May.

I just started to watch in a few weeks ago and just started season 3 today. I'm going to try to pace myself so I don't have to wait as long for season 4; but it will be tough, as I want to know everything that is going on right now!!

I'm really surprised how little talk there is about this show. I am having a difficult time finding other people that watch it, and many of my friends never even heard of it.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The writers of Blindspot with a shout-out to Orphan Black (and also Firefly) during one of their episodes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad