Post-Game Talk: Oranges

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Tarasenko 10 games 3 goals 4 assists 7 pts

Not sure I could ask for a whole lot more than that given the circumstances. He’s going to get better and better and a legit playoff performer.
Hope you're right man. He still has the shot and a very good passer. Just hope to see a bit more jump and he has the size to be a pain in the ass

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I’m dead serious about needing another defenseman. They’ve come this far, you need to eliminate every hole. I’d love to get TVR from Washington. Righty with size who can play and the contract is cheap enough to fit. If Boston can rotate 7 we absolutely can too.
There is absolutely no cap room. Like we can barely could call up schneider. When the playoffs start we'll be able to have some more flexibility, but theres absolutely no cap room from now till end of season.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
There is absolutely no cap room. Like we can barely could call up schneider. When the playoffs start we'll be able to have some more flexibility, but theres absolutely no cap room from now till end of season.
Probably would of had enough cap space if we didn't have LeShitShow on the roster for so long.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
MULTIPLE players! Lol we've been blessed with health these past 2 seasons, most of the league deals with injures, to very important players. Colorado won like 20 straight while missing Landeskog and Makar
That isn't what he meant at all.

Multiple players as in playing without multiple bodies even on the ice. 11 F and 5 D. In one of the games it was 4 D. Lots and lots of extra shifts for 4 games now.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Nice goal for Vlad in OT, but Gallant has to break up the line he is on. It's just not working. I'm on board with flipping him and Kakko honestly. Panarin-Trocheck-Goodrow was good again, and I was wrong about Panarin and Trocheck as a pairing, they've been excellent together as of late. Kid line was good enough I guess, thought Fil was flying out there outside of the one ill-advised pass up the middle that was a turnover. Breakout is a problem and has been all season, but this is the d group we got so gotta find a way around it in the playoffs.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I feel like two things stood out to me...

One is that even if he's not playing great yet (and past his prime), you can see how Tarasenko can give this team another weapon and gamebreaker. Panarin's line didn't play bad, they had a ton of chances, so did the kid line, but Zibanejad's line came through tonight with the big goals and especially with adding Kane as well that's what you need to win tough games and go far in the playoffs. 2 lines aren't scoring? Another one comes through with clutch goals. I know the Flyers suck but in the NHL you still don't really have any easy games either.

Two is that the Rangers biggest issue right now is puck management in their own end and breakouts. It's atrocious. They just throw the puck away over and over. Slap at it, shoot it up the boards. Their breakout strategy is shit. It's why they ever struggle with teams like the Flyers for stretches. When all you're doing is trying to chip the puck to a stationary winger who's constantly getting beat to it by an opposing winger or pinching D-man then you're gonna get hemmed in your own zone. And when all you do is chip the puck out when you actually have time to make a play you're just turning it over.
They haven't been like this all season but lately it's been a big issue. Hopefully they figure it out.

e: it's also not just the D men, it's a system they're obviously trying to "play" but their support of each other is shit right now. Saying "we just dont' have the Dmen" is missing the issue. forwards need to support the D and each other better. Less stationary stuff, putting themselves in better positions to receive passes, etc.

Reactions: CLW and egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Nice goal for Vlad in OT, but Gallant has to break up the line he is on. It's just not working. I'm on board with flipping him and Kakko honestly. Panarin-Trocheck-Goodrow was good again, and I was wrong about Panarin and Trocheck as a pairing, they've been excellent together as of late. Kid line was good enough I guess, thought Fil was flying out there outside of the one ill-advised pass up the middle that was a turnover. Breakout is a problem and has been all season, but this is the d group we got so gotta find a way around it in the playoffs.
This isn't hyperbole.... Kreider Zibs Tarasenko has been the worst xG% I can remember.

It's embarrassing bad. I think after today it's sub 30%

At least with Vatrano they were decent/opportunistic on the rush.

Reactions: DanielBrassard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia