Options for a new HC?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Scheifele becomes an GM one day. I could see his post-playing career continuing with the Jets in management and learning the ropes that way.

Head coaching is a different ball game, I think
You may be right I was more saying it is more likely Maurice retires after 20 years then he gets fired any time soon. Also I think Scheifele retires a Jet and stays with the organization so just combined the 2. But I agree management for Scheifele seems likely after his playing career.

Reactions: ElLoboBlanco

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Don't think it's worth talking about at this point because TNSE goes with such weird options or people they're close to.

How about a combination of newly released Kirk Muller with Dave Lowry and prying Kevin Bieksa from the analyst seat?
Interesting mix of ideals and former players who study daily the game daily. Or Dave Ferraro in there?

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
They need to look for a younger coach who can bring some fresh ideas to the team. Im really tired of seeing NHL teams recycling the same 35-40 coaches over and over again. Don't be like Nashville and hire a terrible coach like Hynes just because he has coaching experience in the NHL.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
How about a combination of newly released Kirk Muller with Dave Lowry and prying Kevin Bieksa from the analyst seat?
Interesting mix of ideals and former players who study daily the game daily. Or Dave Ferraro in there?

People who know things about hockey and are good at teaching them and coaching a team are not the same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad