GDT: Optimism Train Rolls Back Into Town!: Canucks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Boucher is not better than PAP defensively, not even close. Saying PAP is wasting space is frankly an embarrassing statement. PAP is one of the best possession players on the team and has been a possession driver his whole career. Doing it in Toronto last year proves he wasn't a Tavares passenger. Just keep shooting.

He hasn't scored in 13 games and is slow and fairly useless when he isn't scoring. You can talk about his possession as if that somehow makes him so valuable, but you should tell that to the GMs that consistently let him walk and waive him. He's not a key part of this team. Bennett drives play much better and can actually skate.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Wasn't that when Farnham fought and owned Virtanen and got chirped by Dorsett on Twitter?

I hate the Canucks and their fans, they've always had scummy players but it's never their fault.

So glad they've never won anything

As stated by someone else it was Prust. He had an issue with Farnham show boating after the fight because he took on a rookie.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He hasn't scored in 13 games and is slow and fairly useless when he isn't scoring. You can talk about his possession as if that somehow makes him so valuable, but you should tell that to the GMs that consistently let him walk and waive him. He's not a key part of this team. Bennett drives play much better and can actually skate.

Parenteau seems to have a knack for creating space and creating high quality chances in doing so. He's a bit different than Bennett in that regard. He seems like the player that adjusts his game to allow his linemates to succeed, with our RW depth we should hold onto him.

davieboynj

Dec 7, 2016
Big fan of PAP here. Hope he never loses that chip on his shoulder from being waived by the Isles.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Since I don't watch games live, I try to avoid HF and other sites. But I did see the headline "Zajac injured, Hall injures Larsen" before leaving work and I expected something much much worse when I got home, ie Hall injuring Larsen in retaliation or something.

I'm glad Larsen is alright (coincidentally today is his birthday). It reminded me of a time when an opposing player skated into me with his head down in our beer league. I'm a pretty slight guy, but I dropped him like a sack of potatoes.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Quincey quietly has 9pts and a team leading +9 rating. He has his gaffs but he has been solid.

Quincey has a much better nose for offense then I expected. A nice shot and bit hitter as well. He's slow footed, but he's a 3rd pairing guy.

We will get Boosh back in a month when the Preds waive him for doing nothing and being a slow slug

Clearly in waiving him Dev's were saying he has no future in NJ. This was not a #'s crunch. I think they would have been happy if he could help in Albany, but I think to some extent, they were doing him a solid.
Vancouver fans a bit angry on the main board. I believe the hit was clean and I blame the Cahput or whatever is name is for creating the scrum around Larson as he laid there. The Devils had no choice but to come to the defense of their best player. I do hope the guy wasn't seriously injured.
On the one hand, the kid has to keep his head up. On the other, it was shoulder directly to head area. I don't think it was dirty by Hall, but it was dangerous.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Quincey had a really rough start to the season, but he's fit in very well. I actually remember when he was younger he was known for his offense, not his defense, so I'm not that surprised that he's got a decent offensive game - especially given our coaching staff is definitely encouraging him to use it.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
^ He knew exactly what he was doing. He looks right, then makes eye contact with the ref so he can play dumb when he makes the contact.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
Anyone else think PAPs stick looks way too short for him?

He wifs on a lot of passes and one timers and I look at that damn stick and constantly curse about how short it is!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Edit: after rewatching, I don't see him ever looking to his right. I don't think he saw lovejoy.

He knew he was there, I saw that from above - he skated right toward him. Athletes have good peripheral vision, he didn't need to look right at him to know he was there. And look at the end of the replay, if that was an accident he would have immediately stopped and gone over to see if Lovejoy was okay instead of skating away like a ***** acting like he was oblivious to the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad