GDT: Optimism Train! Devils @ Predators, 2 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
PAps fills a need at RW and he is decent at it. I would consider demoting him and trying Bennet in that spot with Hall.

I have to say I am satisfied with our forward corp this year. It is so much better then last year.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't think Parenteau has been that bad, he had a brutal game today though.

He was a very big help early on, back when we weren't scoring much at all.

Problem with Parenteau is that when he's not playing well, he's a liability at times. He's not very good defensively. He's not very strong on the boards. He isn't a particularly fast skater.

The only good thing about him is that he adds another creative dimension to our forward group. Aside from Hall/Cammalleri, he is probably our best offensive forward in terms of his vision/creativity. He's not nearly in the same tier, but he does a lot of the stuff that Elias does to create chances. Slowing the play down, criss crossing in the zone, reversing the flow by passing across the ice.

I'm confident Parenteau will come around, but he has been very bad of late.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Be fair but Zajac has been pretty creative as well. He looks like a legit playmaker this year.

Agreed.

Given the last few years though, I'm not sold this is the real Zajac we're going to see for the entire season just yet. Parenteau is still different than Zajac. Zajac's all about the simple, effective play whereas Parenteau is focused on more calculated risks.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I cannot make this **** up.. I'm literally at a bar and not only did most of the Flyers show up, but PK Subban just arrived and I watched him watching highlights of the game today... un-****ing-real

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I cannot make this **** up.. I'm literally at a bar and not only did most of the Flyers show up, but PK Subban just arrived and I watched him watching highlights of the game today... un-****ing-real

Call them goons and start a fight and see if you can rack up some classless Subbans.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Call them goons and start a fight and see if you can rack up some classless Subbans.

lol I did talk with Simmonds because my wife wanted a photo with him, and I wished him good luck tomorrow after congratulating him on a good win today in Chicago. Didn't have the guts to get beat up by professionals

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Maybe you'll run into some Devils later? They supposedly were staying over in Nashville tonight and had their rookie dinner, from what Steve and Dano said in the post game.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Maybe you'll run into some Devils later? They supposedly were staying over in Nashville tonight and had their rookie dinner, from what Steve and Dano said in the post game.

You were 100% right. I ran into Cammy, Palm, Wood, and I'm 99% sure Auvitu was there as well. Palm and Wood passed me on their way back from the bathroom and walked by me like they were just some random guys. I yelled "Great game!" as they passed by though. They took some photos with fans out on the balcony and as they passed us again I said "Great win!"

Apparently the Devils and Flyers had private rooms at this bar (Honky Tonk Central) so it was a huge mix of hockey players. My wife was wearing a Voracek jersey and talked to him while he ordered drinks at the bar.

PK Subban was also there and I watched him watch the NHL TV highlights of the game. He didn't even flinch when the Devils got their goals and won. And he was talking to a lot of the Flyers players.

What an epic night!! And apologies for repeating myself from some previous posts..

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I won't lie, over 21 games or so by him, Auvitu has looked like a great player. Obviously needs to clean his game up, but the guy is playing insanely well. I know, I know he only has 4 points, but he's literally always out there when we are creating chances. And he has made several of our defenders look A LOT better when playing with him. Lovejoy without him looks lost. Lovejoy with him looks quite solid. And Lovejoy holds him back a bit.

If he keeps this up and Hynes begins to realize he's legit, my goodness we got a great find. I think he's underrated even by our fanbase.

And as for PAP, terrible game today, but he has been quite good prior to this. I think BB could take his role on the first line since they're similar players, but PAP definitely deserves top minutes. He's much much better than DSP.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
You were 100% right. I ran into Cammy, Palm, Wood, and I'm 99% sure Auvitu was there as well. Palm and Wood passed me on their way back from the bathroom and walked by me like they were just some random guys. I yelled "Great game!" as they passed by though. They took some photos with fans out on the balcony and as they passed us again I said "Great win!"

Apparently the Devils and Flyers had private rooms at this bar (Honky Tonk Central) so it was a huge mix of hockey players. My wife was wearing a Voracek jersey and talked to him while he ordered drinks at the bar.

PK Subban was also there and I watched him watch the NHL TV highlights of the game. He didn't even flinch when the Devils got their goals and won. And he was talking to a lot of the Flyers players.

What an epic night!! And apologies for repeating myself from some previous posts..

:handclap:

Rivals my Dougie Gilmour story at a private dinner up in Toronto after seeing the Devils play at old Maple Leaf Gardens. A treasured memory for sure.

At the end of the day we're all hockey players that just want to grab some suds with a few friends right? :nod:

Best sport and best people.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Must of been after the rookie dinner. That is a really cool story.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

That is so friggin' cool, awesome experience! :yo:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I had said PAP was starting to be a liability in our own zone a few nights ago.
On the 2nd goal yesterday I herd a Devil yell something like "up the wall" but PAP instead tried to chip it up the middle, it ends up on our net.

I hope riding pine got him the message. We need his contributions.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Awesome night for you, especially after such thrilling win.

I'm surprised Rico was not out with his buddy Palms.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Awesome night for you, especially after such thrilling win.

I'm surprised Rico was not out with his buddy Palms.

He could have been in the private room that security mentioned the players had rented out. I'd be curious to know who else was there..

It was kind of funny how Wood and Palms tried to just casually walk by me. I get it, they don't want to be hounded on their night out and for all they know I could be a psycho fan lol.

All in all, a very wild experience seeing so many players just show up. Realizing that we were surrounded by a bunch of Flyers players, and then Subban and some Devils players show up too... Totally surreal

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

photos or it didnt happen :sarcasm:

but seriously, sounds like a fun night especially with the comeback win

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
lol...the amount of goofs this crew has is ridiculous. Dano had a great one today, "Shea Webster". Steve had Peter Lappin today...They must lead the league in goofs per game.

Nobody caught Dano's biggest blunder yesterday? First he guessed the trivia question wrong saying Muller was the last Devils captain traded, but then he said he won a cup with him!

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
photos or it didnt happen :sarcasm:

but seriously, sounds like a fun night especially with the comeback win

Lol! Tried to get a photo of my wife with Wayne Simmonds but he said no photos in a bar because it would look bad. We said we totally understood. My brother actually snapped a photo of us talking to him and Brayden Schenn went over and asked him to delete it. Palms and Wood got cornered on the balcony and took a few photos but the backdrop was just the street. They bolted out the second they could get away

Last edited:

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
Anyone else realize the last two Devils victories are via 3 goal deficits? Weird.

Also I was wondering if Hynes sent out Cammy and Hall together yesterday during OT? Or was that because one of them couldn't get off for a change?
Just curious because I think Cammy and Hall together is pretty lethal and something that should maybe go on for a few shifts during regulation at some point during the games if possible..or highly unlikely because they both play LW?

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
That was a curious strategy by Nashville in OT, seemed like possession was the main goal. Always seems like the best way to attack OT is to give up possession a little bit and play for a counter attack. That's usually how our OT wins end up.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Anyone else realize the last two Devils victories are via 3 goal deficits? Weird.

Also I was wondering if Hynes sent out Cammy and Hall together yesterday during OT? Or was that because one of them couldn't get off for a change?
Just curious because I think Cammy and Hall together is pretty lethal and something that should maybe go on for a few shifts during regulation at some point during the games if possible..or highly unlikely because they both play LW?

I think Hall was at the end of his shift and Cammy was at the start of his. If there hadn't been an odd man rush then Hall was due to come off.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Lol! Tried to get a photo of my wife with Wayne Simmonds but he said no photos in a bar because it would look bad. We said we totally understood. My brother actually snapped a photo of us talking to him and Brayden Schenn went over and asked him to delete it. Palms and Wood got cornered on the balcony and took a few photos but the backdrop was just the street. They bolted out the second they could get away

Were you guys at Acme?

Eta: nvm. I see you said you were at Honky Tonk Central. Very cool.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Apparently shot attempts were 30-9 in favor of the Preds in the third period and OT.

And by some reason I still don't comprehend, Devils scored 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad