GDT: Optimism Train! Devils @ Predators, 2 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I felt they deserved the win in Chicago so it balances out in my mind. Wouldn't of been that bad a roadtrip if they managed to get points out of Winnipeg.

I would have at least liked a point in that game, if only because of how mediocre Winnipeg is.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As much **** as we give him, I do enjoy his OT winner calls.

I enjoyed his Henrique goal call tonight as well.

I think Steve is a fine announcer. He makes his fair share of gaffes, which I think a lot of these guys do. I'm thankful we don't have Steggo or a color commentator like Hayward, Tyson Nash, and too many others that aren't worth naming.

Same with a vast array of terrible PBP guys. Steggo and the guy from Colorado. Both sound like they stole candy from a child and are laughing in their faces, when they make goal calls for their respective teams.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The real MVP

Steve-Cangialosi-Headshot.jpg

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I felt they deserved the win in Chicago so it balances out in my mind. Wouldn't of been that bad a roadtrip if they managed to get points out of Winnipeg.

Exactly, it balances out in the end which is why collecting every possible point is important. That's why you can go against any team in this league in any building and come away with a W at any time, just like it happened today.

This part of the schedule especially sucks. They just have to keep fighting through the road games and they'll get a nice, long stretch back at the Rock in the next two months.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hope all the regulars down in Nashville like Wingman, Colin and UnseenHand had a hell of a time reveling in that one. I think I was at the game Colin referenced back in Boston a couple of years ago where Zids/Greene scored back to back in the final minutes to steal a win after being down 3-1 after 1. Nothing more fun than being in the opposing building for a comeback like that.

Rad Dude83

Jun 23, 2013
Jersey
Was at the game. Saw a few devils fans on the concourses. Love the arena. Hate how cold it is though. Awesome game. Friendly people and the honky tonks are a block away! I got one of the mystery mini helmets. No clue who it is though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
lol...the amount of goofs this crew has is ridiculous. Dano had a great one today, "Shea Webster". Steve had Peter Lappin today...They must lead the league in goofs per game.

Peter Lappin is apparently Nick's dad, so there really is a Nick Lappin. Only Steve used that name when talking about Nick, he then started talking about his father Peter.

And Shea Webster was pretty funny, I immediately thought of the 80's sitcom.

And when I first started typing this message, I started to type ''Peter Webster''.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Peter Lappin is apparently Nick's dad, so there really is a Nick Lappin. Only Steve used that name when talking about Nick, he then started talking about his father Peter.

And Shea Webster was pretty funny, I immediately thought of the 80's sitcom.

And when I first started typing this message, I started to type ''Peter Webster''.:laugh:

I just read over this post and it appears I made my own Steve here. I didn't even mean to do that either.

''So there really is a Nick Lappin''

The Steve-itis is contagious today.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
lol...the amount of goofs this crew has is ridiculous. Dano had a great one today, "Shea Webster". Steve had Peter Lappin today...They must lead the league in goofs per game.

But you would expect it from Dano. He's part caveman, that's part of his charm.

Steve is supposed to be the pro.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Please tell me someone gif'd Hall and Cammalleri's tongue out celebration.

That has to be the next gameday thread theme.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Please tell me someone gif'd Hall and Cammalleri's tongue out celebration.

That has to be the next gameday thread theme.

I loved the celebration after the OT winner.

Lots of ''WOO'S!'' and you could even hear quite a bit of expletives if you had it loud enough and listened closely.

It was definitely the most excited vocal reaction in quite a while, or the mic's in Nashville are just really close to the ice.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Parenteau has been way better than DSP and will continue to be.

Parentau has been dreadful, but I think comparing the two is pretty dumb. Both fulfill vastly different roles on this team.

DSP has seemingly found a nice defensive/PK role. Hynes used him at center later in the game when Zacha went down which, to me, shows he's coming around to the coaches good side. I don't recall him ever playing center either.

Palmieri seems to be getting more physical as well, which is nice to see. He laid out a couple guys tonight including one right before Henrique's goal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Parenteau has been that bad, he had a brutal game today though.

He was a very big help early on, back when we weren't scoring much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig