Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I'll take my favorite playing growing up because I can Ryan Smyth, LW

ryan-smyth-e1527621556855.jpg

Reactions: ck26

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I clicked myself around when looking at some Vanbiesbrouck stats and ended up at the 93-94 voting records.

Sure, the Kings missed the playoffs but did you guys know Gretzky did not get a single Hart vote even though he won the Art Ross trophy that year. A bit similar to McDavid last season I guess, won the Art Ross but his team didn't budge. McDavid was 5th in Hart voting though.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I clicked myself around when looking at some Vanbiesbrouck stats and ended up at the 93-94 voting records.

Sure, the Kings missed the playoffs but did you guys know Gretzky did not get a single Hart vote even though he won the Art Ross trophy that year. A bit similar to McDavid last season I guess, won the Art Ross but his team didn't budge. McDavid was 5th in Hart voting though.

Which is how it should be IMO. I will never support a Art Ross winner getting the Hart on a team that doesn't make the postseason, especially if they are as putrid as Edmonton was this past year. At least it seems the voters are consistent haha.

McDavid won the Lindsay which is exactly how I would have voted. He was the most outstanding player, yes, but not the most valuable. Same as 99 in 93-94.

Reactions: Iceman

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Vanbiesbrouck is a tough one; if Parent/Benedict didn't work out I would have tried to argue him a Panther. Might be worthwhile to have these discussions when we're not vying for players in a game. Vanbiesbrouck feels a lot like a Panther to me.
For some nice final round value, Chicago selects Max Bentley, C (Chicago)
Wondering how long it would take for you to cash in your Hawks card, nice player.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I just automatically associated him with Florida, would make sense why he wasn't taken

Played 6 more seasons with them vs FLA and won a Vezina in NY. Tho he also had some very good years in FLA & the 96 cup run. A lot of people associate him with the Panthers due to that run & him being their first star (like Fleury with Vegas)

It's a back up so I won't sweat it too much and select another active guy Braden Holtby

AST: 1, 2, 4
Vezina: 1, 2, 4
Hart: 4, 10

csmphototwo400465*750xx2379-1338-0-125.jpg

Solid pick - I had thought about Bob for my pick and then after he was taken I was in a rush to pick (didn't want to make people wait until now when. I got home from work) and after looking at my available teams, Rinne had the best resume (the Vez he won this year really helped him ATD-wise).

Miikka Kiprusoff if he’s still around

Damn. Assume he was picked when I went.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Housley is kind of a poison pill here. Everyone left from a non-deep I want to partner with him also played for Buffalo. Doh!

Too bad I missed out on Wentworth and Foote while on vacation.

I'll figure something out.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Housley is kind of a poison pill here. Everyone left from a non-deep I want to partner with him also played for Buffalo. Doh!

Too bad I missed out on Wentworth and Foote while on vacation.

I'll figure something out.

I'm assuming add/drops are allowed... is there a better combination out there which involves dropping Housley to pick up one of the other Buffalo guys and selecting another offensive Dman from another franchise?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm assuming add/drops are allowed... is there a better combination out there which involves dropping Housley to pick up one of the other Buffalo guys and selecting another offensive Dman from another franchise?

I'd say there might be one guy on top of my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad