OPPF Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
**** that.

His Norris trophy finalist only 2nd team all-star season was in Winnipeg. The following year he had a career-high scoring season in Winnipeg. I saw him play live in Winnipeg when I was in uni. That's when he set his rep and played his best.

There was no 'slipping past'...

Considering no one said a word when Housley was drafted as a Sabre, along with the fact that he was drafted 5 rounds ago, which may have affected other people's draft strategies, I'm going to say he stays a Sabre for this draft. He's probably a player that should be further discussed and maybe voted on before we do another one of these. The above is not enough to change my mind, but others may disagree.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Well shoooot....I intended to draft Bucyk a few rounds ago, but didn't because the previous draft was listed in the OP when I did a CTRL-V... Obviously not something to raise a fuss about, but next time I think we should link old drafts for reference and not put undrafted players in a place where GMs aren't trying to find already drafted players.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Screw it!

Iceman has already burned Tampa so:

Ottawa will round out its F group with a sniper. He'll shift out to RW where he's had at least some experience/production and should mesh with an elite defensive player in Kopitar who also is slanted strongly towards play making. They'll likely skate with dominant cornerman John Tonelli, at left wing, to start. Should be a line that can find success on the cycle.

Steven Stamkos, C/RW - Tampa Bay

AR-311239636.jpg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Koivu's a good pick for a weak franchise but he belongs to the Wild and not the Stars organization.

MIN/DAL are grouped together no?

& I was looking for a good 4th line/two-way C thought about Minny for a sec, looked him up and didn't realize hes had Selke finishes of 3,5 the last 2 years along with two other top 10 finishes earlier in his career.

Well shoooot....I intended to draft Bucyk a few rounds ago, but didn't because the previous draft was listed in the OP when I did a CTRL-V... Obviously not something to raise a fuss about, but next time I think we should link old drafts for reference and not put undrafted players in a place where GMs aren't trying to find already drafted players.

I have ran into the same issue but there are arrows along with an indicator which says how many matches there are - just have to be careful.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
**** that.

His Norris trophy finalist only 2nd team all-star season was in Winnipeg. The following year he had a career-high scoring season in Winnipeg. I saw him play live in Winnipeg when I was in uni. That's when he set his rep and played his best.

There was no 'slipping past'...

He played 400 more games in BUF. I get WPG might have been his peak but he played 4 seasons more with the Sabres, theres no room to argue there. A season or so I can see the argument, peak aside.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL

& I was looking for a good 4th line/two-way C thought about Minny for a sec, looked him up and didn't realize hes had Selke finishes of 3,5 the last 2 years along with two other top 10 finishes earlier in his career.

I have ran into the same issue but there are arrows along with an indicator which says how many matches there are - just have to be careful.

Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars are one franchise. Minnesota Wild is another

Reactions: ImporterExporter

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

The Minnesota North Stars are grouped with Dallas.But not the Wild.

I can see how that's confusing.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
From the Los Angeles Kings RW Ziggy Palffy

season-player-ziggy-palffy-of-the-los-angeles-kings-picture-id52405415

Also there are no conflicts here so I'll finish things up and select Goalie Turk Broda from the Toronto Maple Leafs.

upload_2018-8-14_21-12-24.jpeg

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
As long as we're complaining, how is Marian Hossa a Senator? In 2016 draft, OK, but he has now played more years and won three Cups as a Hawk.

Agree with Tony D, this is a hella fun format.

Reactions: VanIslander

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Housley is like Goring.

Goring played more than 10 years with the Kings and had all of his top-5 offensive seasons in LA and his Lady Byng. BUT, in his 4 years plus two bit part seasons on Long Island he had the performances that makes him an ATD pick! His Conn Smythe and role in the dynasty.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I also take Syd Howe, LW while I'm at it.

Should be a good LW to play with Sakic and Rocket Richard.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Syd Howe or Henrik Zetterberg were the worst case scenario for my projected Detroit pick, neither I fathomed going before Delvecchio or Black Jack Stewart, both of whom drop to the Franchise MLD, which at least four of us have expressed interest in. Gawd, Shanny and Goodfellow are also among the half dozen Wings players who could've fit in this draft, making Detroit as valuable as Montreal on one's radar going into the next draft in September (I'll run it if no one else does) after Labour Day of course, a fun give-respect-to-overlooked greats exercise just prior to the October-expected next HOH project... Like this post.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Syd Howe or Henrik Zetterberg were the worst case scenario for my projected Detroit pick, neither I fathomed going before Delvecchio or Black Jack Stewart, both of whom drop to the Franchise MLD, which at least four of us have expressed interest in. Gawd, Shanny and Goodfellow are also among the half dozen Wings players who could've fit in this draft, making Detroit as valuable as Montreal on one's radar going into the next draft in September (I'll run it if no one else does) after Labour Day of course, a fun give-respect-to-overlooked greats exercise just prior to the October-expected next HOH project... Like this post.

True, lots of great Red Wings left.Ultimately I had no use for Stewart or Goodfellow or even Delvecchio.Shanahan would have been an interesting LW for Sakic-Rocket, but I prefer Syd Howe.

I won't be able to run the MLD, so someone will need to step up and run it.I might participate though, 50-50.

Reactions: VanIslander

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
With our final pick, Ottawa HC will fill the reserve netminder position with a G who some Euro's believe was as good or even better than Ottawa's starting man, Tretiak. While I personally wouldn't go that far, he does make for a higher level reserve, and offers an interesting contrast to the very technical and regimented style of Tretiak. Holecek was more in the mold of a Hasek in that he was acrobatic and incredibly quick in and around the crease. Please welcome:

Jiri Holecek, G - CSSR

holecek_03.jpg

5x Best Goalie at World Championships(all time record among goalies, tied for most among all players with Fetisov)
5x World Championships All Star Team(most among all goaltenders)
3x World Championships Gold Medalist
1x Golden Hockey Stick Award Winner for best player in Czechoslovakia
8x Top 8 Golden Hockey Stick Voting (1, 2, 2, 2, 5, 5, 5, 8)
6x Ceske Budejovice Champion
1x Olympic Silver Medalist
1x Olympic Bronze Medalist
IIHF Hockey Hall of Fame Member

“Holecek is the best goalie in the world – better than (Vladislav) Tretiak, (Ken) Dryden or (Bernie) Parent.” — BOBBY HULL at the 1976 Canada Cup

Reactions: Hawkey Town 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->