OPPF Draft 2020 - Draft Thread 2

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If I could make a suggestion (too late now of course if votes are already in) -

We should leave our own team out of the voting from here on. Some may (honestly or not) rank their teams at the top, while others may try for a more objective measurement that has their own team lower. I'd rather not have placement on someone ranking their own team higher than someone else ranked theirs.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If I could make a suggestion (too late now of course if votes are already in) -

We should leave our own team out of the voting from here on. Some may (honestly or not) rank their teams at the top, while others may try for a more objective measurement that has their own team lower. I'd rather not have placement on someone ranking their own team higher than someone else ranked theirs.

Everyone should rank their own team #1 as a reward for voting.

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
If there are no divisions, then just the top 8 should make the playoffs.

The 9th thru 12th seeds has zero chance (given when we do have divisions, 4th seeds never win it).

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
9th to 12th should play a 2-round head-to-head relegation playoff (9th vs. 12th, 10th vs. 11th) to determine which to get the Most Underrated Award. Give them the Alex Barkov trophy.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Every team is making the playoffs, with the Top 4 getting a bye.

So it goes:

5 vs 12
6 vs 11
7 vs 10
8 vs 9

Then, assuming the favorite always win for the sake of clarity:

1 vs 8 (or 9)
2 vs 7 (or 10)
3 vs 6 (or 11)
4 vs 5 (or 12)

then

1 vs 4
2 vs 3

then

1 vs 2

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Just got back from a mini-vacation. First time I've slept somewhere other than my apt since before the pandemic.... I'd do some assassinations tomorrow, but it seems most of you have voted already.

I'll vote by Monday.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If y'all wouldn't mind I can't vote until late tonight - first day of work today and my wife's birthday over the weekend.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If y'all wouldn't mind I can't vote until late tonight - first day of work today and my wife's birthday over the weekend.

Theokritos is leaving soon, so send them now if you can, else you'll have another chance to vote in the 1st round but we'll go forward without your votes for the regular season. We have 9 ballots right now which is enough, and I want to avoid waiting until tomorrow for the results.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Result of the regular season voting:

1. Maroons (@ImporterExporter)
2. Wanderers (@BenchBrawl)
3. San Jose (@TheDevilMadeMe
4. Cougars (@Hawkey Town 18
5. Kelowna (@ResilientBeast
6. Portland (@Dirt 101 aka VanIslander)
7. Richmond (@The Macho King)
8. Cherry Hill (@ChiTownPhilly)
9. Houston (@Habsfan18)
10. Better Logos (@vadim sharifijanov)
11. Owen Sound (@tony d)
12. Unnamed team (@scrappylilnobody)

Thank you for compiling the votes Theo.

Congrats IE on winning the RS.

Now on to the playoffs. I will post the threads tomorrow.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The 1st round threads are up; the playoffs can begin! I'll give from 5 to 7 days depending on activity.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
What undrafted did everyone else reluctantly leave on the cutting room floor?
NOT reluctantly, but...

I considered Art Duncan with the pick that I used for Jimmy Ward. Funny thing was- Ward was pretty much a hunch/sentimentality pick at the time. Still, I think it turned out better that I melded the Maroons card, as opposed to the pre-NHL card.

I still had the option to pick Duncan when I instead plumped for Teppo Numminen. Again, I found it useful to keep holding the pre-NHL card. X-ing out the Winnipeg-Phoenix column didn't cost me dick... and I still retained pre-NHL for George Hay or Frank Fredrickson. Then, @The Macho King selected Hay and gave me the situation articulately rhapsodized in pop-cavatina by the immortal DEVO... Freedom From Choice.

When I said I was "eschew[ing] the Junior High Chemistry Project" at the time I selected Fredrickson, I was banishing the last residual thoughts I had of taking Brian Sutter to connect to brother Brent. I believe that would have been a blunder. And yet, it might have wound up happening if I hadn't picked Ward when I did.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad