OPPF Draft 2020 - Draft Thread 2

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Voting is officially open for the 1st round until Thursday evening[/USER]

Just the usual note as always: I'm +6 from Eastern Standard Time, so when it's 8 PM in New York and Montreal it is 2 AM here and I won't be online for another 7 hours or so.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Just the usual note as always: I'm +6 from Eastern Standard Time, so when it's 8 PM in New York and Montreal it is 2 AM here and I won't be online for another 7 hours or so.

It's no problem, the deadlines I give are approximative, if you take more time it's more time for people to vote. No problem there!

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
I guess I just discovered why people make these "voted" posts.

Review of my PMs show that I voted at 10:25 UTC Wednesday. My vote should be in.

If it didn't go through, I can re-transmit...

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'm sorry guys: i have been unable to "like", support or pimp anything since my ban began in the summer (i guess my drunk weekend smartphone from the beach - i don't recall - led to this). I can't start threads either now. Hopefully, normalcy will return soon. Please.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Round 1:

Kelowna Rockets vs Unnamed Team 4-1
1st star Denis Potvin, 2nd star Bobby Orr, 3rd star Phil Esposito

Portland Winterhawks vs Owen Sound Platers 4-3
1st star Dominik Hašek, 2nd star Ray Bourque, 3rd star Bobby Hull

Richmond Renegades vs Chicago Better Logos 4-3 (several games went to OT)
1st star Gordie Howe, 2nd star Patrick Roy, 3rd star Bryan Trottier

Cherry Hill Knights of Kní vs Houston Aeros 4-3 (several games went to OT, including Game 7)
1st star Wayne Gretzky, 2nd star Mark Messier, 3rd star Guy Lafleur

Voters:
@BenchBrawl
@ChiTownPhilly
@Habsfan18
@Hawkey Town 18
@ResilientBeast
@TheDevilMadeMe
@The Macho King
@tony d
@vadim sharifijanov

Reactions: BenchBrawl

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Results in accordance with expectations, including Cherry Hill's series, which was never going to be anything but fearsomely close-contested. Well-stood kudos to @Habsfan18 for having all that top-end talent on one team, and also to @vadim sharifijanov for just bringing it in the discussion-phase.

The Knights of Kní are off to the physios (who will doubtless earn all their money these next couple of days), and then head off to the League Champion, mighty Montreal Maroons...

With that in mind, we end with an album-cover, for your consideration--

NEVER MIND
THE PROLIX
HERE'S

ImPOrtErExPOrteR
vs. ChItOwnPhiLLy

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Round 1:

Cherry Hill Knights of Kní vs Houston Aeros 4-3 (several games went to OT, including Game 7)

Voters:
@BenchBrawl
@ChiTownPhilly
@Habsfan18
@Hawkey Town 18
@ResilientBeast
@TheDevilMadeMe
@The Macho King
@tony d
@vadim sharifijanov

If a series involving an unnamed team with no roster isn't a sweep, I don't know if we'll ever see one in the ATD using the current voting format!

Edit: I guess it would have to take a perfect storm of drafting poorly (scrappy drafted quite well at the beginning of the draft, before getting a few forward positions mixed up), AND effectively dropping out before the playoffs. Then we MIGHT have a sweep...

Congrats to the winners.

Reactions: ChiTownPhilly

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Round 1:

Voters:
@BenchBrawl
@ChiTownPhilly
@Habsfan18
@Hawkey Town 18
@ResilientBeast
@TheDevilMadeMe
@The Macho King
@tony d
@vadim sharifijanov

Thank you again, Theo. Congrats to the winners, but also to their opponents who put up a good fight.

I will post the new threads today.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
good game @The Macho King

ONz8.gif

as an aside, didnt i lose to you in 7 last time too? ill get you next time

and curious: what does going to OT mean? how is that determined from the voting?

Last edited:

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
and curious: what does going to OT mean? how is that determined from the voting?

Basically, there are two ways a series can be close in the voting:

a) 9 out of 9 voters agree that Richmond beats you in seven games. That's unanimous (9-0) but at the same time it's a close series (everyone agrees it's going to seven games).

b) 5 out of 9 voters think Richmond beats you in seven games. The other 4 voters think that you beat Richmond in seven games. That's when I would add "going to OT" to indicate it was more close than other seven game series and perhaps almost a toss-up.

In reality, you often have results somewhere in between those two extremes, but you get the idea.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Basically, there are two ways a series can be close in the voting:

a) 9 out of 9 voters agree that Richmond beats you in seven games. That's unanimous (9-0) but at the same time it's a close series (everyone agrees it's going to seven games).

b) 5 out of 9 voters think Richmond beats you in seven games. The other 4 voters think that you beat Richmond in seven games. That's when I would add "going to OT" to indicate it was more close than other seven game series and perhaps almost a toss-up.

In reality, you often have results somewhere in between those two extremes, but you get the idea.

ah gotcha, thx. and thx of course for taking all the votes and calculating them too.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad