Speculation: Opinions on bringing Cullen back?

Bring Cullen Back?

• Total voters

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I must have missed it - what did Russo say? If there is a person I trust in the industry, it's for sure Russo. Guy has his info straight.

Russo floated Cullen back to Pittsburgh because Boudreau doesn't like him on the 4th line. McKenzie today said the same, and went even further to say that Cullen is unhappy with his situation in Minnesota.

I'm like 90% sure Cullen is coming back at this point.

Reactions: ColePens

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Y'know? Nah, not for me. Sheahan is a competent 4th line center--not on the level Cullen's been for us but just fine nonetheless. If JR is gonna go out and acquire guys to fix the issues, I want him to acquire guys that will make this team better for years to come. Cullen's done in 6 months, he's riding off into the sunset win or lose. That puts us right back here.

Keep the potential assets until the summer and make significant additions that bolster this team in for the foreseeable future.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Russo floated Cullen back to Pittsburgh because Boudreau doesn't like him on the 4th line. McKenzie today said the same, and went even further to say that Cullen is unhappy with his situation in Minnesota.

Like I said in a different post - i'm just not against it. Cullen at age 50 is probably better than Kuhn/Rowney/Reaves.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

If we can roll a Cullen-Sheahan-Rust 4th line I'm all for it. If we get the 3peat then Dad can retire a triple champion.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I went with the middle option. He's not going to make the Pens a contender again, but he's certainly better than Sheahan, and infinitely better than Rowney and JSD.

Reactions: Andy99

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm where I was when this came up a few months ago. He's an upgrade over somebody, whether it be a C or a LW. He is better than Kuhn or Rowney at the very least. If he's cheap, sure, bring him back.

Reactions: ncm7772

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad