Pre-Game Talk: Opening Night Oilers v Canucks Wed WITH FANS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I would have left Shore in on the 4th line.

That Perlini-Shore-Turris combo had some pretty decent chemistry developing and I'd have left it alone until it showed it needed tweaking.

Prediction... that Foegele-Ryan-Sceviour trio is going to be rock solid and better offensively than people think it will be as well.
Shore is day to day with something, so that's why he's not going tonight.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Bottom 6 looks as expected.

Russell in is odd, as I would have preferred 4K. Though I think Tippet wants a more trustworthy PK option until Bouchard proves he can handle the role.

The Top 6 is really odd, though I wonder if this is a sign that the blender is going to be used non-stop this season. It's game one, so I don't mind the idea of coming out swinging with McDrai in the 1st period, before letting them centre their own lines for the rest of the game. Hyman-Nuge-Yams also works as a nice shutdown line.
The blender might be a good option. Bring in teams thinking they are facing McDrai, then split them up and totally mess up their game plan. Might work.

I don't mind Russell in. He's been a solid bottom pair guy for us for years. He's still mobile. He still has his flaws of course, but too many of us became jaded at his old 4M salary. He's a 1.25M player now, and is in that role to mentor Bouchard. I expect Russell and 4K swap in and out regularly though.

Reactions: yukoner88

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
if we are wondering why 97 and 29 are toghther maybe this is why

Miller-Pettersson-Chiasson
Pearson-Horvat-Garland
Dowling-Petan-Podkolzin
Highmore-Dickinson-Höglander

LOL they are gonna murder every one of those lines. 10-0

Glad to see that Green started his drinking early today.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Bottom 6 looks as expected.

Russell in is odd, as I would have preferred 4K. Though I think Tippet wants a more trustworthy PK option until Bouchard proves he can handle the role.

The Top 6 is really odd, though I wonder if this is a sign that the blender is going to be used non-stop this season. It's game one, so I don't mind the idea of coming out swinging with McDrai in the 1st period, before letting them centre their own lines for the rest of the game. Hyman-Nuge-Yams also works as a nice shutdown line.

Yeah I dont like Russell in over Koekkoek but whatevs.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So the Canucks waived and lost Gadjovic because they wanted to keep MacEwen and Chiasson.

The Flyers claimed MacEwen off waivers today.

Chiasson is on their top line, but that might actually be the funniest part about the whole thing.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Cant believe how many tickets are still available for the home opener

Why?

Regardless of your stance you're excluding people on both sides. If you're anti-vax you literally can't go and if you are vaxxed you're probably a little weary about going in public with thousands of other people and spreading covid.

I went to the last preseason game for free (vendor paid and wined and dined me) and I almost stayed home. I likely would not have paid to go myself when literally pre covid I'd jump at any opportunity.

Reactions: Simby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad