Pre-Game Talk: Opening Night Oilers v Canucks Wed WITH FANS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil Town XJ

Dec 17, 2008
Edmonton
Cant believe how many tickets are still available for the home opener

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-13_9-12-7.png
    upload_2021-10-13_9-12-7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Why can't you believe it?

On one hand you have a forced vaccination to attend, and on the other you have people convinced going to public spaces is acting as some sort of executioner terrorist.

Everyone is brainwashed in every which way. Tons of reasons why people can't/won't show up to a public event right now.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
This may be so but by not calling penalties it tilts the ice for the grinder teams advantage.

100% agree, i want every thing called vs the oilers because if they get 4 PPs a game they will almost always win. My point was more it happens to everyteam. I hate the flames but Gaudreau gets abused almost every game its rarely called.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Wonder how many years this will go on before the organization admits that they screwed up the season ticket pricing models and mistreated their fans. This isn't a demand issue IMO, its that the team finally pushed prices over the edge.

The lower bowl seasons tickets are more or less well sold, but there are massive blocks of seats in the upper deck, likely because the value for the dollar watching a game in anything higher than row 5 in the second level is awful. They flat out screwed up the design of everything to do with deck 2 from the concourse to the bathrooms, and then finally the terrible seat pitch where half of the ice is blocked from view should some dick 5 rows down decide to get up mid play or the person in front of you moderately lean forward.

Not sure how they solve these problems, but they made their bed so now they have to lay in it.

Reactions: Oildrum and Simby

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Do you think he doesn't know that McDavid and Drai are on his team and the success they have had on the PP. This isn't Boqvist we are talking about and Bouchard adjusted his "natural instincts" for Boqvist.

Everyone is a shooting option on Oilers PP and it's not all about setting Drai up.

Ultimately, I hope you're right and I'd be proven wrong. I just think it would be an issue early on, but hope that he's smart enough that he'd adjust adding to the existing threats on the PP.

I don't have issue with your opinion on this, I think I'm moreso combating the narrative currently calling Tippett a moron for having Barrie on the unit claiming he shoots too much, then coming back and suggesting Bouchard should be in that spot, when he'd likely shoot even more.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Too be fair, that “missed” overturned kick goal against Seattle shouldn’t have counted in my opinion. Probably what started it all.

Agreed, I think the refs miss a lot of stuff either intentionally for game management or unintentionally because they are bad. But I'm not going to complain about the refs and then blast a player and tell them to shut up about the refs. That's too much hypocrisy for me.

Reactions: Gregsky99

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Mike Smith was in no way shape or form the reason the Oilers lost to Winnipeg

I agree he's not the reason. People often tend to look at goaltending as head to head when criticizing a guy, and it can not be disputed that he was significantly outplayed by Hellebuyck. The thing is that's the case because Hellebuyck had a ridiculously great series not that Smith was poor (though I'd maybe like one more third period save in Game 3).

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Does that rule Kassian out for Saturday as well? Can't remember if the 7 day IR period can be applied retroactively or not.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
With respect to Hyman's contract there was a lot of talk about "flat cap" and that contracts would stay on the modest side but exactly the opposite happened as I suspected it might. We have just seen a salary reset which typically happnes about every 5 years. $5M is now the low end for a guy who can play in your top two lines.

I just think it’s 500k to much and 2 years to long but it’s the price you pay for free agents.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I'm not picking on Hunt as a player, he's done well battling for an NHL career, I'm laughing at Vancouver for having him over Rathbone.

Heard an interview on the vancouver sports radio with Hunt. He's from maple ridge and was over the moon to be on the Canucks. Seemed like a good guy and his experience might be good for the young guys.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Heard an interview on the vancouver sports radio with Hunt. He's from maple ridge and was over the moon to be on the Canucks. Seemed like a good guy and his experience might be good for the young guys.
I do mean good for Hunt, he's really worked hard to stay in the NHL and, admittedly, I didn't see Rathbone all camp, but he was good for them last year, and looked good in the games I saw.

I just wonder if this is Vancouver getting in their own way.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Wonder how many years this will go on before the organization admits that they screwed up the season ticket pricing models and mistreated their fans. This isn't a demand issue IMO, its that the team finally pushed prices over the edge.

The lower bowl seasons tickets are more or less well sold, but there are massive blocks of seats in the upper deck, likely because the value for the dollar watching a game in anything higher than row 5 in the second level is awful. They flat out screwed up the design of everything to do with deck 2 from the concourse to the bathrooms, and then finally the terrible seat pitch where half of the ice is blocked from view should some dick 5 rows down decide to get up mid play or the person in front of you moderately lean forward.

Not sure how they solve these problems, but they made their bed so now they have to lay in it.

So much this. I had lower bowl season seats for the first few years but gave them up because they weren't worth the overall cost. My intent was always to get upper bowl seats but honestly I'd rather watch from my couch for all the reasons you listed. You're so far from the ice you might as well watch from home, especially given how cheap giant TV's are now. Top that off with the fact if you are sitting front row you're the last one to get out of the section so your game watching perk turns into an intermission headache. I won't even attend a game in the upper bowl anymore even if the tickets are free.

Ever sat in the Loge? What a giant waste of space that is, they could have easily doubled the capacity in there. It has zero atmosphere, only good for doing business but that's what they wanted to bring in.

Last edited:

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
Ever sat in the Loge? What a giant waste of space that is, they could have easily doubled the capacity in there. It has zero atmosphere, only good for doing business but that's what they wanted to bring in.

Loge seems fantastic if you can afford it but I've never sat there. Having a private table of 4 with that all that room around you is awesome.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Why can't you believe it?

On one hand you have a forced vaccination to attend, and on the other you have people convinced going to public spaces is acting as some sort of executioner terrorist.

Everyone is brainwashed in every which way. Tons of reasons why people can't/won't show up to a public event right now.

Is it brainwashing? If you take government and the media out of the equation don't you think people would realize everyone is getting sick and start hibernating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad