Pre-Game Talk: Opening Night Oilers v Canucks Wed WITH FANS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
ah so you agree, Caleb Jones should have stayed.

Not sure. I think we all knew Jones needed to take a step in 2020 to move the needle. However he didn’t.

Out of the two 24 year old defencemen that were traded, Jones was the one that most looked like surplus goods especially with guys like Samorukov and Broberg on the farm.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Canuck fans furious seeing chaisson on the top line lmao

Well considering the 2019-20 Canucks were kind of like the 2016-17 Oilers in that their star sophomore emerged along with good goaltending to get them deep into the second round of the playoffs. Then the 2020-21 Canucks followed the 2017-18 Oilers in that their season completely sewered (though for different reasons). Why wouldn't the 2021-22 copy the 2018-19 Oilers by bringing Chiasson from a PTO onto the first line and PP. Though they may want to look at how that season went (MacLellan fired, then Chiarelli fired) and I think Canucks fans may be happy to see the end of Benning.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Well considering the 2019-20 Canucks were kind of like the 2016-17 Oilers in that their star sophomore emerged along with good goaltending to get them deep into the second round of the playoffs. Then the 2020-21 Canucks followed the 2017-18 Oilers in that their season completely sewered (though for different reasons). Why wouldn't the 2021-22 copy the 2018-19 Oilers by bringing Chiasson from a PTO onto the first line and PP. Though they may want to look at how that season went (MacLellan fired, then Chiarelli fired) and I think Canucks fans may be happy to see the end of Benning.

Jim Benning = Peter Chiarelli

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Why do you guys want to throw away Yamamoto so fast? He had one bad season. And you're ready to toss him aside for a player who has declined steadily the last 2 seasons?

trading a decent player for a player with higher potential that fits a need is not throwing a player away. this is Bear Foegele all over. Strome has a higher ceiling than yamamoto and has the size and skills to be an effective bottom line player if needed. Strome has "declined" as he was thrown into a 1/2 C role with toews gone he wasnt ready for. If Dach wasnt as good as he was it would have been even worse.

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I liked some of the moves in the off-season, didn’t like others. Liked the lines thru camp but the current top 6 just baffles me.
Hoping for the best and am excited either way. Hope they prove me wrong.

If that top six works, it changes so much for us in a positive way. No harm in trying it right

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
She’s on the panel tonight.

3FAA88F0-FA7C-4680-9D4D-0AD2DCEB6F56.gif

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the only chance the canucks have is demko tbh, he has the ability to steal games. if the oilers get after him early and often they will win. 6-1

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If that top six works, it changes so much for us in a positive way. No harm in trying it right
I mean every game counts.
The one game with just Hyman and Nuge it looked meh, then the game with all 3 it looked anything but dangerous.
I guess no harm trying it again but it feels like a waste of time is all. 3 complimentary guys usually don’t become a scoring trio ever. Works fine in the bottom 6 but with bottom 6 numbers. But yeah, miracles have happened.
I just don’t know how Tippett doesn’t think a RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto line is effective but thinks swapping Draisaitl out for a lesser player suddenly will make it so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad