(Ericsson-Daley)

Howard
Bernier

=2020 1st OA Lafreniere

Reactions: neelynugs

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Stars look good, although Hanzal should be listed under injured forwards.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars look good, although Hanzal should be listed under injured forwards.

I mean Stars don't even do that themselves even though Hanzal ain't coming back. Hanzal will be listed on the official roster sheet for large parts of the year for cap reasons.

The bonus structures of the some of the teams contracts could really come back to haunt the Stars if they aren't careful. Not just Perry and Sekera but als Heiskanen

Hanzal will be listed on the roster until the team has absolutely no choice but to put him on LTIR because the capspace is needed for something essential.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I mean Stars don't even do that themselves even though Hanzal ain't coming back. Hanzal will be listed on the official roster sheet for large parts of the year for cap reasons.

The bonus structures of the some of the teams contracts could really come back to haunt the Stars if they aren't careful. Not just Perry and Sekera but als Heiskanen

Hanzal will be listed on the roster until the team has absolutely no choice but to put him on LTIR because the capspace is needed for something essential.

I do agree, but Johns is listed. One or the other should be listed/removed, IMO.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I do agree, but Johns is listed. One or the other should be listed/removed, IMO.
My initial idea was to not include guys who were not likely to play this year (Callahan, Gaborik for Ottawa etc.), but there are some guys who are on Injured Lists who are not going to play this year/ever again.

I get that it's rather confusing that some are included while others aren't, but this is largely because the majority of these players that end up on the Injured List despite being out for the year are players whose future wasn't clear when camps opened: Stephen Johns for Dallas was rumored to be doing better and ready to play before being scratched and removed on the first day of camp; Kyle Brodziak wasn't confirmed as Out for the Season until the day camp opened and Matt Hunwick for Buffalo came up just before camp etc. etc. Some teams were counting these guys as part of camp early on, so for counting purposes, I left them in there on Injured Lists, rather than deleting them altogether. They could, maybe should be removed now.
BTW, I spent all evening updating this list. Players are largely listed by where they either played the most or where they were slotted in the most recent game with the most complete lineups. In a couple of places (WPG for example), the lines are a bit jumbled as recent signings or injuries have complicated or clouded things. A few teams include players who are on waivers today, because it's not always definite that these player are AHL bound (Brian Gibbons was waived last week but still lines up with Carolina) unless announced by the team. And, Pittsburgh...Pittsburgh is just a mess until we learn about injuries to Crosby, Galchenyuk and Rust.

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
I don't think you should list a player as inured unless they are confirmed out to start the season. Can't just assume someone is gonna be out (for example Lars Eller was held out of the last preseason game for precautionary reasons but hell play on opening night)

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
The following players shouldn't be listed as injured as they are not ruled out for the start of the season:
-Peter Cehlarik
-David Krejci
-Jake McCabe
-Emil Bemstrom
-Ryan Poehling
-Tyler Pitlick
-Sidney Crosby
-Alex Galchenyuk
-Bryan Rust
-Lars Eller
-Greg Pateryn
-Brock Boeser
-Oscar Fantenberg
-Cody Eakin
-Sami Niku

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
The following four players have been placed on waivers for the purpose of being reassigned to the Toronto Marlies (AHL): Kenny Agostino, Kevin Gravel, Nic Petan and Garrett Wilson.
Egor Korshkov has been assigned to the Toronto Marlies (AHL).
Kalle Kossila and Mason Marchment have been designated as injured, non-roster players.
Matt Read has been released from his Professional Tryout agreement and has signed a one-year AHL contract with the Toronto Marlies.
Maple Leafs Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Season Opener

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad