News: Opening Night 23 Man Rosters

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Pens opening roster

Only difference from this one and ours is that it does not include John Marino, so I've removed him.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
By my (perhaps uninformed count), I have

ARi, BOS, BUF, CGY, CAR, CHI (Unless DeHaan is cleared...), COL, CBJ, DAL, DET, EDM, FLA, LAK, MIN, MTL, NAS, NYR, OTT, PHI, PIT, STL, TBL, TOR, VAN, WAS and WPG

all being at or below the 23 man limit.

While
ANA 35 (I have no clue...), NJD (25, perhaps 24 if Tennyson was re-assigned), NYI 29 (with 1 PTO, 3 players having cleared waivers today and 1 D2D injury), SJS 24 and VGK 24

all seem to be above it.

From what I understand in Anaheim,

Benoit-Olivier Groulx was assigned to his Junior Team according to twitter

Andreas Martinsen, Jani Hakanpaa were assigned to AHL Gulls as they played in the Gulls game against the Reign last night.

Besides that I have no clue.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Notably does not include Ho-Sang, Fritz, Hickey (Who were all waived yesterday) or rookie Simon Holmstrom (Presumably re-assigned to Sweden).

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
From what I understand in Anaheim,

Benoit-Olivier Groulx was assigned to his Junior Team according to twitter

Andreas Martinsen, Jani Hakanpaa were assigned to AHL Gulls as they played in the Gulls game against the Reign last night.

Besides that I have no clue.
Good info on the AHL guys, thanks!

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Going over last night's Gulls lines, I spy
Andrew Poturalski
Kiefer Sherwood
Chase De Leo
Kevin Boyle

So I assumed all four have been re-assigned.

A quick check of the Ducks lines shows that Sam Steel has not played since Sep. 21 and Simon Benoit and Ondrej Kase since Sep. 23 so let's assume they are Injured.

So that would get the Ducks down to 26 players.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
So with the last hour's updates, I'm two rosters shy of having everyone at or under 23.

ANA: Got them closer to the number, and it won't be hard to get them to 23 (Send down a couple non-waiver guys like Josh Mahura), or put some IR, but no word from them yet.
NJD: Am seeing some whispers that Ty Smith has been/will be re-assigned to WHL which would qualify them, but nothing official yet.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Every team now fits in the 23 or less roster number. There might still be some announcements, movement or clarifications today (For instance Tampa may or may not have placed Brayden Point on LTIR) but at least we now have a bit of an idea who the opening night rosters will look, until teams start moving players up and down for cap reasons over the next few days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad