OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 season - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Capitals management are a bunch of junkies thinking that team could compete. I guess they thought they were getting 40 goal Ovechkin and not gray haired senior citizen Ovechkin.

4 points in 22 games for Oshie while still being played 16.5 minutes a night.

11 points in 29 games for white girl, who's supposedly been asking for a trade for 2 years now. Maybe they can get John Gibson for him so they can get one last cup for Ovechkin? Kuemper is playing like the Kuemper that lost an eye during the cup run. He's signed for another 3 years I think?

They're letting such a decent season by Anthony Mantha go to waste.

Don't worry! Max Pacioretty is on the way soon! Just what they need! Another 35 year old that's played a half a season's worth of games in the last 2.5 seasons.......

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eddie Olczyk's son doesn't look a whole lot like him at all, but if he doesn't sound exactly like him. I keep thinking it's Eddie. It doesn't help matters that they're both on the same broadcast, but you could barely tell them apart when they're talking. You can tell the younger Olczyk sounds a bit younger than his old man. That's the only way you could tell them apart.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Could the Kraken do us a solid here or does the western conference continue to be a waste of space?
It would be nice if Hakstol just absolutely refused to lose to his old team who fired him like Hynes when he plays his old teams that fired him!:sarcasm:

This Kraken team is garbage. And they're not very fun to watch either. They look like an expansion team by today's standards. More juiced than the last wave of expansion teams, but like an expansion team in the new NHL. Not like Vegas though, who never looked like an expansion team.

They've won some games lately with hot goaltending. I'm sure they can't wait to throw Grubauer back in whenever he's ready and halt this kid's (he's 27, so not really a kid by the league's standards, but he's a rookie) run, if he's still running hot by then.

The only thing I even know about Daccord is that he idolized Cory Schneider and when the Kraken AHL team was playing Bridgeport in the AHL playoffs a couple of years ago, he told Cory in the handshake line that he's the reason he plays the game. That was a nice feel good story.

He still doesn't seem quite young enough to have idolized Cory (10 years younger), but Marty idolized Roy and Hextall, who were only 7-8 years older than him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Flyers looked content to try and win this game 1-0.

Hope they get burned for it. Would be nice if they get burned for it in regulation. Asking for 2 regulation goals from this Seattle team seems like a tall task.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Seattle wins in OT.

Daccord may be a late bloomer. Seattle desperately need some skill if they wanna get back into the playoffs.

And they need much less Grubauer to no Grubauer at all.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Seattle is 6-0-2 in their last 8 games.

They lost their first game post-Grubauer in regulation 3-0 to Minnesota. Daccord only allowed 2 goals in that one.

They’ve been 6-0-2 since. With Daccord playing all but one game. Driedger won his only start.

Daccord seems like an easy guy to root for. I had written him off due to his age and struggling at the NHL level/to even get to the NHL before this year. Maybe he still won’t be anything, but he’s on a nice run right now.

They wanted him as the backup this year despite little experience, so they should let him keep the wheel as the starter if this continues.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
@Bleedred actively encouraging a goaltender to succeed?

IMG_2305.png

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Im just not sure how Flyers can maintain this level of play. They are giving it 110% every shift and everything is going their way
I’m flabbergasted at how they’ve pulled this off. I think they’re overachieving, but not in the same way the Capitals have overachieved.

They’re not unexplainably fluking their way to wins like the Capitals have, but I don’t quite understand how they’ve been able to do it with this roster.

Doesn’t feel like they have the horses. Couturier is probably worth a few more points in the standings, but this many?

They were a legitimately awful team last year, but this year they’ve played legitimately well, despite a roster on paper that isn’t very good.

They could wind up being like the 15-16 Devils, who stayed in the race until February (that was all Cory) or they could possibly sustain this and actually make the playoffs.

Reactions: NjDevsRR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad