OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 season - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Seems like there have been a lot of those lopsided scores recently. Probably a function of the number of very high power offenses combined with dubious defenses. There’s now more potential for bigger swings in games.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least Detroit is imploding tonight against Minnesota
I said they were flukes when they started hot.

What's funny is they stayed just above NHL 500 for the better part of the last two seasons. The only difference this year was that they had a much hotter start and it's since caught up to them. I think they just mostly stayed more consistently just over 500 for the last two years.

Their offseason was extremely puzzling. Actually the last two years. ''I believe in the Yzerplan'' sounds like some weird political slogan.

How can one even believe in the Yzerplan, when no one even knows what the Yzerplan is?

I'm wondering if ownership said ''We've missed the playoffs too much. We need to start making the playoffs again. Take some shortcuts and sign whoever you can in UFA to make it happen''. It seems they're set up pretty well to finish between 7th and 12th in the conference for a long time.

If he weren't an Ilitch family favorite and legend as a player, I would think he's probably only a year or so away from possibly being Ray Shero'd.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I said they were flukes when they started hot.

What's funny is they stayed just above NHL 500 for the better part of the last two seasons. The only difference this year was that they had a much hotter start and it's since caught up to them. I think they just mostly stayed more consistently just over 500 for the last two years.

Their offseason was extremely puzzling. Actually the last two years. ''I believe in the Yzerplan'' sounds like some weird political slogan.

How can one even believe in the Yzerplan, when no one even knows what the Yzerplan is?

I'm wondering if ownership said ''We've missed the playoffs too much. We need to start making the playoffs again. Take some shortcuts and sign whoever you can in UFA to make it happen''. It seems they're set up pretty well to finish between 7th and 12th in the conference for a long time.

If he weren't an Ilitch family favorite and legend as a player, I would think he's probably only a year or so away from possibly being Ray Shero'd.

Make Husso Great Again? That sort of slogan?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Rangers did us a favor tonight in taking down the AARP squad.

I still can't believe that embarrassment has as many wins as they do, but I can think of at least painful wins they had. Hopefully there isn't a third next week.

Texted a few Rangers buddies earlier in the night and said I hope that game doesn't become a 3 point game at the worst and they said they hoped it did after I said it, lmao. The worry game is Friday with the Isles playing the Caps, two slow methodical dogshit teams

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Id rather Trouba be healthy. He blows, and Rags can play with the cap if he is on LTIR

Anyways, good OOT tonight

Oh noes not Patrick Kane 2.0 but yes you are right there lol. Then again, we need to abuse the same loophole also. I think the Rags also playing Schneider in a top 4 role will end very very very badly.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Make Husso Great Again? That sort of slogan?
Again? He never was great to begin with lol.

Other than one year.

He’s the definition of a one hit wonder. That’s why I said I didn’t want him when he was gonna be a UFA. I definitely didn’t want him at that cap hit.

His rookie year was an embarrassment and his third and fourth years have both been the same thing as his rookie year.

Second year was an up year.

He played decent for a decent amount last year, but ran out of gas about halfway through because they were playing him like he was Hellebuyck or Saros.

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
No shot. The Isles have now lost 2 more games then won. That is NOT a team making the playoffs.

They will continue to fall heavily

Right....? The Penguins are a bigger threat thus you'd want them to lose that game tonight

Let's see how isles rebound now. Caps lost a game with a game in hand so things as of tonight leveling out.

Another win and we will be right in the battle again.

Yeah, I think we bounce one of the Flyers/Isles out and the Pens bounce the Caps out for the final 8.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Right....? The Penguins are a bigger threat thus you'd want them to lose that game tonight

Yeah, I think we bounce one of the Flyers/Isles out and the Pens bounce the Caps out for the final 8.
Yeah, the Caps are SHIT.

I actually expected the Pens to be a little bit better and the Caps to be MUCH worse.

The Caps really rival the Blue Jackets in terms of how bad the roster is.

They have quite a few players who were really good......5 years ago. I don't even know if Carlson is any good anymore or not, but Oshie, Ovechkin, Mantha, all washed up and done. I think Mantha has been on goal scoring bender this year though.

Coke head is pretty meh too. He's not as old as those guys, but then again neither is Mantha.

Kuemper is not at all having a good season. Lindgren has been the only hot goalie over there. A guy who was basically (for NHL games played purposes) a 30 year old NHL rookie last season.

It's been speculated that Backstrom was possibly told to go home because he was just too slow and too many steps behind for a team that was already old, slow and steps behind.

I don't think anybody is on pace on that team to score much more than 50 or 52 points.

And what about Pacioretty? They signed him. I heard he was skating and coming back soon about a month ago. Haven't heard nothing on him since. Pacioretty is like the CM Punk promo to Kevin Nash. ''OMG! Max Pacioretty! WTF!? Thought he was dead''.

Just what they need. Another 35 year old has-been that has played about 3 games in the last 1.5 seasons? And barely over 40 the last 3 seasons?

The Pens are old too, but Sid and Geno don't look, nor play like they're 36-37. The Caps 36-37 year olds look and play like they're 37 and so do some of their 29-31 year olds.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No shot. The Isles have now lost 2 more games then won. That is NOT a team making the playoffs.

They will continue to fall heavily
The Isles only scare me because they have an elite goalie, but they're basically the later Lou years/early Shero years Devils with Schneider in net.

Most of the teams in the division look better than them on paper though, save for the Blue Jackets and maybe the Washington Fogeys.

The Atlantic is currently thinning out with the same playoff teams from last year, just in a different order. With Tampa getting a bit hotter and the Yzerfrauds finally experiencing the market correction plummet.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
WTF LOL

IMG_1648.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad