OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 season - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Yeah, the Caps are SHIT.

I actually expected the Pens to be a little bit better and the Caps to be MUCH worse.

The Caps really rival the Blue Jackets in terms of how bad the roster is.

They have quite a few players who were really good......5 years ago. I don't even know if Carlson is any good anymore or not, but Oshie, Ovechkin, Mantha, all washed up and done. I think Mantha has been on goal scoring bender this year though.

Coke head is pretty meh too. He's not as old as those guys, but then again neither is Mantha.

Kuemper is not at all having a good season. Lindgren has been the only hot goalie over there. A guy who was basically (for NHL games played purposes) a 30 year old NHL rookie last season.

It's been speculated that Backstrom was possibly told to go home because he was just too slow and too many steps behind for a team that was already old, slow and steps behind.

I don't think anybody is on pace on that team to score much more than 50 or 52 points.

And what about Pacioretty? They signed him. I heard he was skating and coming back soon about a month ago. Haven't heard nothing on him since. Pacioretty is like the CM Punk promo to Kevin Nash. ''OMG! Max Pacioretty! WTF!? Thought he was dead''.

Just what they need. Another 35 year old has-been that has played about 3 games in the last 1.5 seasons? And barely over 40 the last 3 seasons?

The Pens are old too, but Sid and Geno don't look, nor play like they're 36-37. The Caps 36-37 year olds look and play like they're 37 and so do some of their 29-31 year olds.

The Caps are like the 16-17 Devils when we started off hot that year then fell on our face super hard

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Its a wild NHL this season. No easy games. Even Vegas gave up 4 to the Ducks in the first period
I haven't looked yet, but Vegas is down to their I think third string goalie? They were as of the other day, and were dressing some guy I've never heard of as their backup. So both Thompson and Hill are out.

And that's not unusual for them, as both guys seem to constantly get injured.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I haven't looked yet, but Vegas is down to their I think third string goalie? They were as of the other day, and were dressing some guy I've never heard of as their backup. So both Thompson and Hill are out.

And that's not unusual for them, as both guys seem to constantly get injured.

Logan Thompson is in net

Its a wild NHL this season. No easy games. Even Vegas gave up 4 to the Ducks in the first period

I'm super glad we had a home game the first day back, only like 4-5 road teams won today and 2 of them were super short flights in the Ottawa and the Panthers

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Logan Thompson is in net
Ahh, Mr. ECHL turned NHL all star behind Vegas, who seems to be able to turn shit into gold in net.

I can't wait to see what team overpays for him either when he becomes UFA or via trade, and if he falls flat on his face. I've been calling him to Buffalo for a while lol.

He's on such a cheap contract that they'll probably keep him though.

Thompson wasn't even dressed in the game before the break and Paterka had played a couple of games.

Not Paterka, that's the forward from Buffalo. Patera.

Their goalie coach is Sean Burke though, the protege of Benoit Allaire. He also resurrected Mike Smith's career, who found himself in the minors when he was about 29 years old, before he was signed by Arizona, where Burke was the goalie coach at the time.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Ahh, Mr. ECHL turned NHL all star behind Vegas, who seems to be able to turn shit into gold in net.

I can't wait to see what team overpays for him either when he becomes UFA or via trade, and if he falls flat on his face. I've been calling him to Buffalo for a while lol.

He's on such a cheap contract that they'll probably keep him though.

Thompson wasn't even dressed in the game before the break and Paterka had played a couple of games.

Not Paterka, that's the forward from Buffalo. Patera.

Their goalie coach is Sean Burke though, the protege of Benoit Allaire. He also resurrected Mike Smith's career, who found himself in the minors when he was about 29 years old, before he was signed by Arizona, where Burke was the goalie coach at the time.

To be fair, there was a point last year where I wanted Logan Thompson and a bit in the summer as a small under the radar add to this team without having to go for Saros/Helly. Man, has he fell off the face of the earth lol

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
John Ludvig on the Pens is the son of NJ Devils legend Jan Ludvig.

IMG_1651.jpeg
IMG_1652.jpeg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
To be fair, there was a point last year where I wanted Logan Thompson and a bit in the summer as a small under the radar add to this team without having to go for Saros/Helly. Man, has he fell off the face of the earth lol
He's been fine this year, not terrible. Just okay. Evolving hockey didn't like him much last year. They had him as a negative in GSAx I believe. I can't remember if moneypuck did or not.

He'd be good just for how cheap he is, but I really don't think he's better than Vitek.

And when I say Vitek, I mean pre-nervous breakdown/pre-2023 playoff Vitek.

Some people don't know this, but he was in our system in the ECHL several years ago.

If the actual DD were still here, he'd be telling us every other post how we could have had Thompson here still, and thanking Fitz for his mistake in keeping Mack Black over Thompson, and claiming that he had his eye on Thompson the entire time and said he would be the next big goalie in the NHL lol.

Not that the real DD ever said that, because I don't think anyone knew who Logan Thompson even was when he was ECHL Devils property.

denverdevil

Nov 13, 2007
Denver, CO
KKFN (is that still a thing in Denver?) in the morning

''Georgiev is teh best thing ever'' lol.

I don't know if Georgiev even played this game. Just remembered how you said they love him on Denver sports radio lol.
It’s a thing! Except they basically only ever talk Broncos. The other station, 92.5, does talk Avs but with all the Russ drama, it’s sure to be Broncos for the foreseeable future.

And yeah, he played. 😂

IMG_0297.jpeg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Martin Jones is one of the stupidest goalies I’ve ever seen. His IQ is so bad and that’s what makes him bad, more than physical qualities.

Horrible game winning goal tonight for Ottawa.

But what was really stupid was him reaching behind with his glove into the net to try and save it after the puck had already gone in the net.

Even if he got it with his glove, that puck was already in the net and would have been a good goal lol.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can't recall a season in recent memory when so many big leads were getting blown on what feels like a nightly basis.

Also, good thing I spellchecked myself because I spelled "leads" slightly differently the first time I typed it lol

Weird compared to last year too where you had a number of teams just bulldozing through the schedule and now this year it seems no one can get out of their own way for more then a week.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

The irony of Trouba getting injured skating into a players elbow.:laugh:

Lmaooooo, f*** him. Only issue is I hope they don't LTIR him if he's actually concussed bad somehow but Trouba was actually playing well for them and Schneider in the top 4 would be next level catastrophic so

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@Bleedred

Do we know why Blackwood wasn’t dressed to play in last nights game?
The broadcast said he made the trip to LA in the morning, but wasn’t feeling well enough to dress for tonight. They then speculated Kahkonen would have to go again tonight against the Oilers.

David Quinn said he doesn’t know yet if he’ll be available to go or not for tonight.

All indications point towards it being illness and not injury related.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I didn't think that was that bad for his standards. Usually he lets out the most flattest ''Score'' when the other team scores or wins it in OT.

His predecessor (who I believe they've moved to radio) was/is the same exact way.

And the color commentator that replaced Peter McNab is BRUTAL. Guy is a failed comedian.

I can't even stand him when watching goal videos while doing my goal reviews. I find myself telling him ''Shut the f*** up'' even on a 45 second clip. I could never stomach an entire game with this guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad