OOT scoreboard 2020 bubble playoffs part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The GWG, while a rocket of a shot, should've been stopped IMO. Lehner was there, just whiffed on it. Props to Gurianov though, he got as much on that shot as he could.
It was definitely borderline for me. I ultimately didn’t give him a stoppable goal on that one because it was a one timer and he was unable to be in position fast enough, but he was slow in getting over too.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It was definitely borderline for me. I ultimately didn’t give him a stoppable goal on that one because it was a one timer and he was unable to be in position fast enough, but he was slow in getting over too.
See I thought he was there but yeah, coin toss of a goal.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Khudobin is 5’11”. So nice to see a normal size goalie have success. Proves you don’t need to be a mutant like Bishop to have success.

Also, this has to be the first time ever we’re going to have two Russian goalies battling it out into he finals, no? I know Khudobin is Kazakhstani but he plays for Russia. Either way they’re from the old Soviet Union!

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I also hate the don't touch the conference trophy nonsense. You don't have to drag it around the ice like the Stanley Cup but touch the damn thing and pick it up and take it to the locker room. Literally the dumbest superstition in sports.

A superstition that should have ended when (I even hate to say) Crosby not even touched, but held the damn trophy for photos.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Didn't Stevens touch it after beating the Sens on the way to our 3rd cup? i remember the announcers saying "watch this, he's not going to touch the trophy" at which point he basically picks the thing up.

I believe he did in 2000 as well, but didn't in 2001 (my memory is a bit hazy). So maybe that's why he did again in 2003.

Reactions: Nubmer6

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
No Point is killer for Tampa. If he is out the rest of the series, the isles could possibly come back.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Khudobin is 5’11”. So nice to see a normal size goalie have success. Proves you don’t need to be a mutant like Bishop to have success.

Also, this has to be the first time ever we’re going to have two Russian goalies battling it out into he finals, no? I know Khudobin is Kazakhstani but he plays for Russia. Either way they’re from the old Soviet Union!

Ivan Drago likes this.

Reactions: glenwo2

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm not of the belief that the absence of one player on a team like Tampa would cause them to lose the series while being up 3-1.

Besides, isn't that why they acquired Pickles?

They would be missing 2 players in Stamkos and Point that would be the best players on the Isles. That's a pretty big deal. Point has been the best player of the entire playoffs. I think it's a pretty big deal. And Coleman is no Point.

That said, yes, the Bolts are super deep and they should still win, but Points absence cracks the door open for NYB.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
And @Nubmer6 thinks *I'm the one* who is the one with the Hyperbole. :D

It could end up just going 6, you know?

Sure it could. But winning an elimination game like this usually gives a team a big boost in the next game. Then they usually run out of gas in the 7th.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How are the shots on goal only 33-21 in the early part of the 2nd OT? That's gotta be a graphic error, only 54 shots combined in four plus periods?!

Camille the Eel

Really super to see how good Coleman really is. I mean, to have it confirmed. On our train wreck he surely looked good. But he’s clearly one of the best players on one of the best teams in the league. In the consistently better frame of comparison, his class really tells. He’s one of the best players in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce