OOT scoreboard 2020 bubble playoffs part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Scott Wedgewood lifting the cup on TV.

holy shit. I forgot he was Tampa’s third string goalie.

Please tell me he doesn’t get his name on the cup? Good god. Did he even dress a game this playoffs or even in the regular season at all?

I forgot he even played in the Tampa organization until I saw a guy with Wedgewood on the back of his jersey and in goalie pads lifting the cup.
I dont know if that thing on the background screen with all the names is legit, but I swear I saw his name there.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
10323901-BE00-478E-9A1B-B68D285E228B.jpeg

That’s some team in Tampa. They have a couple of former Rags and two former NJD players that should have never been allowed to leave. Thanks Ray for not re-signing Maroon, who has now won the cup every year since leaving. And thanks again to Fitz for trading away Blake Coleman. Both players are pure winners.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One of the biggest problems with Tampa in the past couple years that they were fortunate enough to not have to deal with this year was the fact they had some really terrible anchors on defense like Dan Girardi playing for them at all and Coburn eating too many minutes and Stralman was playing 22 minutes a night for them in the 2018 playoffs. Luke Schenn played a bunch of games for them this year, but only averaged 10-11 minutes a game.

It reminds me of when Pittsburgh dumped Brooks Orpik and made a couple good cups runs a couple years later or when Washington had Orpik eating all those minutes, before demoting him to a lesser role in the cup winning year.

Reactions: glenwo2

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I dont know if that thing on the background screen with all the names is legit, but I swear I saw his name there.

it cant be legit……just someone got paid to photoshop some sort of mock up…..there are certain criteria and a maximum number of names that teams can submit for the engraving….something around mid 50's i think……and player must have played at least 41 (half the season) or at least 1 game in the final round (different for backups though)

in my opinion seeing as wedgewood did nothing as a 3rd stringer he has no right to a space on the cup…..shit, the training staff and equipment guys deserve a space over him

(and teams can petition in special instances)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 369470
That’s some team in Tampa. They have a couple of former Rags and two former NJD players that should have never been allowed to leave. Thanks Ray for not re-signing Maroon, who has now won the cup every year since leaving. And thanks again to Fitz for trading away Blake Coleman. Both players are pure winners.
I’m still waiting for these imposters to leave and am awaiting the Florida Panthers entrance to the ice and their lifting of the cup.

Camille the Eel

There's just something about this series that seems 'meh'. One of the least interesting SCF I can remember
It’s the whole no-fans, in-a-bubble, surreal, neutral city, divorced from real time, arena filled with strange placards and lights, Covid Time effect.

A playoffs on anti depressants I called it. A dulled affect.

But from that point of view, congrats to the NHL just that they made it work and got it done at all. It was good to have hockey, even at that strange remove where the radar blips seem to take ages to come back from outer space.

And not only Pickles but also Maroon on that goal. Two straight cups for Pat Maroon.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Probably because neither of the teams garner much hate from us (aside from the select few here).

I think it helps that one of our former Devils players(and one of the most popular ones) is on one of the teams.
Pens vs Nashville sucked, even Sharks wasn’t a whole lot better. Hell, even watching the Kings whoop the Rags was boring.

The secret is most Cup finals are underwhelming, it’s the Conference finals that are often epic. Perhaps both teams are spent by the forth round and the more talented one just pushes the weaker team down but there’s never seems to be the same incredible back and forth for a whole series. The players are also usually freaking out, you can tell they are wigged out in a way that they aren’t even in Conf finals.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It’s the whole no-fans, in-a-bubble, surreal, neutral city, divorced from real time, arena filled with strange placards and lights, Covid Time effect.

A playoffs on anti depressants I called it. A dulled affect.

But from that point of view, congrats to the NHL just that they made it work and got it done at all. It was good to have hockey, even at that strange remove where the radar blips seem to take ages to come back from outer space.

And not only Pickles but also Maroon on that goal. Two straight cups for Pat Maroon.

This. The entire post is spot on.

Reactions: Camille the Eel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad