OOT scoreboard 2020 bubble playoffs part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
There's just something about this series that seems 'meh'. One of the least interesting SCF I can remember
This whole playoffs has been meh. I think lack of fans has reduced the drama and intensity. Also the fact that the players basically had an offseason beforehand means it hasn’t been as grueling as normal...gives it a feeling more like an international tourney than the quest for the Stanley cup.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This whole playoffs has been meh. I think lack of fans has reduced the drama and intensity. Also the fact that the players basically had an offseason beforehand means it hasn’t been as grueling as normal...gives it a feeling more like an international tourney than the quest for the Stanley cup.

At least Tampa winning it would give the thing a little more legitimacy than say, a borderline playoff team like the Isles who might not have even made a normal playoff.

I've paid as much attention to this playoffs as normal when the Devils aren't involved, which is to say very little. The fact there have been very few 'classic' series haven't helped. I don't think there's been one series that went to a deciding game other than Dallas-Colorado.

Addendum: Forgot about Isles-Flyers and Vegas-Vancouver going the distance, that's how little engagement I've had with this postseason (and also how unremarkable both Game 7's were, at least Colorado-Dallas was a classic Game 7). And Toronto-Columbus in the prelim round was a classic, albeit a weird-ass series.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Dallas has to figure this out quick. They are starting to look demoralized and Tampa is feeling it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Shots 21-8 after 2 periods.

This is what Vancouver looked like against Vegas in that series.

This reminds me of a game during the regular season where a really strong team is playing one of the worst teams in the league.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
8 shots through 2 periods in a must win Stanley Cup final game. Damn. Hoping for a big 3rd period. Otherwise happy for Pickles.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So now a thought just popped in my head hearing Doc talk about names with the Cup, how will they handle the 'days with the Cup' this offseason with social distancing all around the world?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
bF9E9q0.png

thanks Tampa :thumbu:

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Gotta love Coleman. I feel like many who didnt know who he was looked at the return and said thats way too much, but dont think anyone thinks that after these playoffs.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad