OOT Scoreboard 2019 Stanley Cup PLAYOFFS II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So basically if someone accidentally (or not) trips a guy and he hits his head on the ice or breaks a bone falling the guy who trips someone can get called for a five minute major and ejected based on the 'results' of the play whereas if someone overtly spears a guy in the jewels and the guy walks away no penalty or fine if it's the three blind refs of the Tampa series last year.

Other than blood which is an obvious thing, I'm not for basing an in-game penalty off of the severity of the injury. Just wait till guys start feigning serious injuries to get calls then magically prop back up once the call is made, the NHL will turn into professional soccer complete with the magic spray.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
So basically if someone accidentally (or not) trips a guy and he hits his head on the ice or breaks a bone falling the guy who trips someone can get called for a five minute major and ejected based on the 'results' of the play whereas if someone overtly spears a guy in the jewels and the guy walks away no penalty or fine. Other than blood which is an obvious thing, I'm not for basing an in-game penalty off of the severity of the injury. Just wait till guys start feigning serious injuries to get calls then magically prop back up once the call is made, the NHL will turn into professional soccer complete with the magic spray.

This was simply the best way to respond to this ridiculousness. Thank you.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Firmly rooting for the Canes tonight. Used to hate the team years back because of the playoff history and couldn't stand the term "Caniac", but I have family in the Carolina's that I got into hockey and are now huge Canes fans. Plus, they're a fun team to watch and it's easy to root for the underdog. I still think Washington takes it tonight, but would love to see another upset.

same here. f*** the caps, bunch of mongoloid shit kickers

Reactions: Whaddagoal

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I'm down with this one ending in an upset for the lulz

Edge to the caps as it is, Mrazek is a box of chocolates

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I'm down with this one ending in an upset for the lulz

Edge to the caps as it is, Mrazek is a box of chocolates

918B96D4-6BFC-47F1-B1C6-B05AFFB53A14.gif

Reactions: mtnet

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
i know i'm in the minority here with the penalty but i'll just leave this

"The referees called a crosschecking penalty for an infraction that caused a significant injury," series supervisor Don VanMassenhoven said. "In their judgment, the infraction and its result merited a major penalty."

exactly the right call imo. if pavalski doesn't get hurt i really doubt they even call a penalty but you gotta call that if the guy is bleeding being helped off the ice

Wha? You kidding?

Stastny is the one who knocked him down. Without him, does ANY penalty get called on the play?

It was a terrible call - but regardless - Vegas needs to kill it.

Camille the Eel

Such was that game last night - so memorable and unique - that people will be arguing about that call for a generation. It won’t be forgotten and will never be settled (without vodka that is).

(The ball that hit Kubek in the Adam’s apple in the ‘60 World Series. The non penalty call on Hull in a certain game 7; Whether Armbrister interferes with Carlton Fisk in the ‘75 World Series; the recent non call on the Rams at the end of last year’s NFC championship game - all come to mind). Some plays won’t go away.

What a game. You think you’ve seen it all. Until you haven’t.

Reactions: tailfins

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Alright, I’m on board the Canes bandwagon for 1 game. Officially rooting for the Villian who got his Cup to lose in round 1 tonight.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
I can see it now....Canes down 3-2 in the final minutes to the Caps...and they score twice to win game 7 in regulation. I'm not entirely sure why I have such a detailed prediction, just a gut feeling I guess.

:sarcasm:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Just curious. When/if the Sharks win the Cup - do we need to start the official Claude Julian-memorial 'darnit - what a mistake by Lou to fire DeBoer' thread?

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Is it me or are odd man situations ending up in the back of the net less and less each year?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
future devil andre burakovsky with a goal

Did anyone notice on that 1st Caps goal, the referee kept the puck in the zone for Washington?

Canes would have been able to take possesion and leave the zone about 15 seconds before the goal, but the ref got in the way.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Let someone take a fully-levered, two-armed, perfectly horizontal crosscheck directly to your sternum (where there's little padding) and we'll see if you still hold that opinion.

Huh? a crosscheck to chest is not nearly as bad as getting shoved down to the ice while off-balance causing impact to the head directly.....

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Huh? a crosscheck to chest is not nearly as bad as getting shoved down to the ice while off-balance causing impact to the head directly.....

Nobody said it was. But they're both awful and extremely dangerous plays, why it's almost as if a 5 minute major should have been accessed.

crashline

What smells like, brother?
Feb 10, 2018
Is there a more insufferably partisan calling team than the Caps'?

No. The answer's no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad