OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
They have no excuse since 1,000,000 people walk by or travel under their damn arena every single day. ONE MILLION...
Effff going there. Do you know how long it took just to get a train back to the Lautenberg after the game lets out? And catching a train into Penn Station on a weeknight at rush hour when arriving. I haven’t been to the Gawden in a decade but it was madness. Not worth the aggravation of getting in and out. Go for the experience if you never been but don’t make it a tradition. Too much madness to be had.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
There were quite a few really brutally soft goals tonight, but this one is softy of the night on Copley. You won't see many goals like this after 1983 or so.

That’s a really massive fail at the Marty stand-up save. Saw that on the NHLN last night.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight. One measly game and one measly goal.

1 goal against Lundqvist and it’s stoppable. Thought maybe it was unfair to say it was, but it looked even worse on replay. It was a nice move but he’s very square to the shooter, he’s very deep in his net and I don’t think it went off his glove but it went off his arm or through his arm and body and squeaked in. He’s square to the shooter and it just squeaks through him.

Mrazek gets the shutout.

1 goal was scored on a goalie tonight and 1 was stoppable. That will be the only time this year where 100% are stoppable. I think I’ve had one or two nights where I counted 50% of the goals stoppable, but they were on nights where there was only one or two games on.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We are gonna be really hard pressed to do any worse than the Ducks. Wow they suck. And it has nothing to do with philly being good, because they haven't been.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just added up my tallies last night and total goals scored on goaltenders last night and it came out to just under 28% of the goals that were scored on goalies this year, I've counted stoppable. It was hard to do, as I had to count all the goals for every goalie, then go through every goalie that's played at all this year and count and add up their goals allowed.

That's not too bad, considering there's been A LOT of REALLY BAD goalies that have played this year, like Mike Smith, Jake Allen, Cam Talbot and some lesser played goalies like Pickard, Schneider, Sparks and Hutchinson, who have all allowed an abnormally high rate for how little they've played.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ducks are the worst team in the league. They simply haven’t gotten to the bottom yet. 19 our of 21 is incredible.
#Carlyle

Colorado is another team that's had a more under the radar implosion lately, but it's gone relatively unnoticed with what's going on in Anaheim. They've also managed to get to OT lately and lose there, whereas most of Anaheim's losses are in OT.

Gibson is out injured again, so they won't win games on accident, with Carlyle still there. Johnson was trash today, first 3 goals were trash and got him yanked pretty quickly.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Speaking of bad goalies, Laurent Brossoit today. 5 goals against, 4 were terrible. Announcers were ripping on him after all of them.

3 really brutal shots that either through him or because he was off his angle and totally lost one of them and couldn't find it. Thought he had it and it was swept in. Him, Howard (who has been good this year, but all 3 today were poor) and Johnson are gonna really skew the count tonight. They all completed softy hat tricks today.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm hoping the Flyers stay in the hunt so they hire Gordon on full time and Quenneville doesn't end up there.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
this "hockey day in canada" is both annoying and nauseating….…a self pleasuring* joke

*thank the filter

I think Hockey Day in Canada is a really cool idea.

What's obnoxious is the non-stop CBC, "Canada is zee best hockey nation in all the world, and all other hockey playing nations are pathetic in comparison", BS.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I think Hockey Day in Canada is a really cool idea.

What's obnoxious is the non-stop CBC, "Canada is zee best hockey nation in all the world, and all other hockey playing nations are pathetic in comparison", BS.

its a great idea until it becomes the second sentence in your post…..then its just a grate idea

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hey @Bleedred , I'll save you some time for the softy of the night.

Please refer to Tatar's goal on Andersen
I saw one during the intermission that looked pretty bad on Andersen. It went by so quick, I thought the goalie may have been Sparks. I just saw enough to see it was the Leafs goalie.

I'll get to those games later. Cam Talbot was (once again) a nightmare tonight. If Shero signs this guy to be anything other than Binghamton's backup next year, I'll be irate.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for this very long day of hockey.

Wild vs Devils: 2 goals against Dubnyk, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Schneider, 1 stoppable.

Kings vs Bruins: 5 goals against Quick, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Rask, 1 stoppable.

Red Wings vs Sabres: 3 goals against Howard, all 3 are stoppable. 1 goal against Ullmark and it's also stoppable.

Avalanche vs Islanders: 4 goals against Varlamov, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Lehner, 1 stoppable.

Ducks vs Flyers: 3 goals against Johnson, all 3 are stoppable and he's yanked. 2 goals against Boyle in relief, no chance on either. 2 goals against Hart, no chance on either.

Predators vs Blues: 3 goals against Rinne, no chance on any. 2 goals against Binnington, 1 stoppable.

Jets vs Senators: 5 goals against Brossoit, 4 stoppable. 2 goals against Nilsson, no chance on either. Announcers were really ripping Brossoit on every goal.

Stars vs Coyotes: 3 goals against Khudobin, no chance on any. 2 goals against Kuemper, no chance on any.

Sharks vs Oilers: 2 goals against Dell, no chance on either. 5 goals against Talbot, 2 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Canadiens: 3 goals against Andersen, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Price, 1 stoppable.

Penguins vs Lightning: 5 goals against DeSmith, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Vasilevskiy, 1 stoppable.

Panthers vs Capitals: 4 goals against Luongo, 2 stoppable. 5 goals against Holtby, no chance on any.

Flames vs Canucks: 3 goals against Rittich, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Markstrom, no chance on any.

Blue Jackets vs Golden Knights: 3 goals against Bobrovsky, no chance on any. 4 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable. Didn't nail him on that weird bounce off the boards when he went to play the puck though. It was more of a bad break.

So that's 96 goals scored on goalies tonight, 27 were stoppable, that's 28% of goals scored tonight were stoppable. So about my season average. Combined save percentages were .893%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is probably the Tatar goal on Andersen

But this goal on Binnington from Ekholm looked pretty bad too. Since there were 14 games and 96 goals, I figured we could have two for tonight.

Vasileyskiy also had a really weak one, but it may have slightly deflected, but it was still pretty weak.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Softy of the night is probably the Tatar goal on Andersen

But this goal on Binnington from Ekholm looked pretty bad too. Since there were 14 games and 96 goals, I figured we could have two for tonight.

Vasileyskiy also had a really weak one, but it may have slightly deflected, but it was still pretty weak.

I'm irate you passed on that complete Ulmark wraparound f*** up. God that was awful.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm irate you passed on that complete Ulmark wraparound **** up. God that was awful.
That was another really bad one. There were some REALLY bad goals yesterday. I thought it was gonna be another day where I counted 40% or more of the goals stoppable.

The quality of goaltending really drastically improved with the night games though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Hurricanes vs Devils: 3 goals against Mrazek, no chance on any. 2 goals against Kinkaid, no chance on either.

Blues vs Predators: 4 goals against Allen, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Saros, 2 stoppable.

Red Wings vs Blackhawks: 4 goals against Bernier, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Ward, 1 stoppable.

Avalanche vs Bruins: 2 goals against Varlamov, no chance on either. 1 goal against Halak, no chance.

Jets vs Sabres: 1 goal against Hellebuyck, no chance. 2 goals against Hutton, 1 stoppable.

Wild vs Islanders: 2 goals against Dubnyk, both are stoppable. 1 goal against Greiss, no chance.

Lightning vs Panthers: 2 goals against Domingue, no chance on either. 3 goals against Reimer, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Luongo in relief, no chance on either. I only nailed Reimer on the first goal of the game which was from Kucherov, which is probably softy of the night, but he also looked bad on the breakaway that got him yanked. Looked like a statue and just stayed on the goal line and waited for Ryan Callahan to just put it past him. Pathetic effort from him, but I didn't nail him for a stoppable goal on that one. He played it poorly and I understand why he was pulled at that point.

Maple Leafs vs Rangers: 3 goals against Reimer, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Georgiev and I'd probably give this a stoppable.

So that's 40 goals scored on goalies tonight, 12 were stoppable. That's 30% of goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages tonight were .926%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad