OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Kings vs Devils: 5 goals against Kinkaid, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Campbell, no chance.

Islanders vs Bruins: 2 goals against Lehner, no chance on either. 1 goal against Rask and it's stoppable.

Wild vs Sabres: 4 goals against Dubnyk, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Ullmark, 1 stoppable.

Blues vs Panthers: 2 goals against Binnington, no chance on either. 3 goals against Reimer, 1 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Penguins: 3 goals against Murray, 2 stoppable. McElhinney gets the shutout.

Canucks vs Capitals: 3 goals against Markstrom, no chance on any. 2 goals against Holtby, no chance on either.

Ducks vs Canadiens: 4 goals against Johnson, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Price, no chance.

Golden Knights vs Lightning: 2 goals against Fleury, no chance on either. 2 goals against Vasilevskiy, 1 stoppable.

Coyotes vs Predators: 4 goals against Pickard, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Rinne, 1 stoppable.

Sharks vs Jets: 2 goals against Jones, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on any.

Blue Jackets vs Avalanche: 3 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Grubauer, 3 stoppable.

Blackhawks vs Oilers: 2 goals against Ward, no chance on either. 4 goals against Talbot, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Koskinen in relief, no chance on either.

So that's 66 goals scored on goalies tonight, 19 are stoppable. That's just under 29% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .912%.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Am wondering if those possession numbers for the Flyers are in part due to score effects.

The Flyers goaltending has been atrocious, much like ours this season, it's actually been even worse, or it was for a while. Maybe Hart's recent run highers it. So now that the Flyers aren't out of games and the other team doesn't stop attacking because they take them out early, I wonder if they're attacking more with Hart in there playing well.

I feel like in the games that Blackwood has played for us, we've allowed a lot of shots because he's standing on his head. Whereas in some of the other games, we're out of games early and the opponent stops attacking and we're the team that outshoots the other team by quite a bit.

Not saying the Flyers are a good team or have been playing good hockey, this run is probably more Hart-aided than anything, but I'm also not sure they're as terrible as those stats say either.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Flyers do this seemingly every year. They go on a nice winning streak and people are like "The Flyers have finally turned the corner!".....and then they fade away or lose quickly in the first round.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Flyers do this seemingly every year. They go on a nice winning streak and people are like "The Flyers have finally turned the corner!".....and then they fade away or lose quickly in the first round.
Yup.

They're good for a 10 game winning streak, a 10 game losing streak or both every year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Senators vs Maple Leafs: 5 goals against Anderson, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Andersen, 2 stoppable.

Bruins vs Rangers: 3 goals against Halak, no chance on any. 3 goals against Georgiev, no chance on any. One goal on Halak was a bit borderline. Looked like it leaked through him and laid in the crease for an easy tap in. Couldn't tell if it went off his pad and into the paint or if it went through him. Lack of a definitive look is making me not nail him on this one.

So that's 15 goals scored on goalies tonight, 3 were stoppable. That's 20% of goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages tonight were .895%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This usually wouldn't be softy of the night, but it's a victim of a (lack of) numbers game tonight. There were only 3 to choose from and the other two were almost identical 5-hole goals on both Andersen and Anderson. So this one gets softy of the night due to process of elimination and lack of games/goals allowed/weak goals allowed tonight. This is probably only the second time Frederik Andersen (Who would be my Vezina vote and I think I'd only accept Lehner over him right now) has been softy of the night this year. First time was like a month into the season when he allowed a very dead angle to Malkin. It's really not that bad of a goal, but it's a victim of a numbers game tonight.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One thing I wanna point out about Cordell's PDO tweet regarding the Flyers and this doesn't mean the Flyers are good. This is actually another example of a market correction.

ANY team that's on a 9-1-0 streak will have an unsustainably high PDO over that run of games where they have this record. Of course it's unsustainable, just like maintaining a 9-1-0 record over the long term in unsustainable. That's a 148 point pace over a full season and that's never been done before. Almost every team on an extended winning streak have a PDO a bit over 100 during that period, just like almost every team on an extended losing streak will have a PDO a bit under 100 over that period.

The Lightning have a 102.5 PDO 53 games into the season. Toronto has a PDO around 102 at the 53 game mark. The Islanders have a 102.1 PDO after 52 games, Winnipeg has a PDO of 102.1 after 53 games. The Sharks probably have the most modest PDO out of teams near the top, with a PDO of 99.6 after 54 games. And that's mostly because their team save percentage is worse than ours, as they're shooting quite a bit above the league average.

And on the other end of the spectrum. LA has a PDO of 99.2, Chicago has a PDO of 99.2 and we have a PDO of 98.8. I think only Carolina has a lower PDO than us this year at 98.2. And the Flyers PDO is barely above ours at 98.9 on the season, so this may just be that market correction I talk about and the improved goaltending is helping with that, just like it helped our PDO after Blackwood came up. It was even lower than 98.8 before Blackwood played any games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Islanders vs Devils: 1 goal against Greiss, it's stoppable. 1 goal against Schneider, no chance. The goal on Greiss wasn't terrible, I was joking by calling it softy of the night because it was Rooney. I've nailed goalies on this before and we've also this hit goalies sometimes. It's a pretty forgivable goal though. He was out past the paint and it was a pretty good shot. More of a credit to the shooter on a shot like this than a slash against the goalie.

Hurricanes vs Sabres: 5 goals against McElhinney, 1 stoppable. 6 goals against Ullmark, no chance on any. Ullmark has been way worse than his save percentage, so he was due for a game like this to put the numbers where they probably should be.

Penguins vs Panthers: 3 goals against DeSmith, no chance on any. 2 goals against Luongo, 1 stoppable.

Kings vs Flyers: 2 goals against Quick, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Stolarz, no chance on either.

Avalanche vs Capitals: 4 goals against Varlamov, 3 stoppable. 3 goals against Copley, 2 stoppable. There's definitely a softy of the night in here. I could have given Copley off on the first goal also, but it was a bit unlucky.

Jets vs Canadiens: 5 goals against Hellebuyck, 3 stoppable. 2 goals against Price, 1 stoppable but kind of fluky. Hellebuyck retakes the league lead in stoppable goals against this season.

Ducks vs Senators: 2 goals against Gibson, no chance on either. 1 goal against Johnson in relief, no chance. Nilsson gets the shutout.

Golden Knights vs Red Wings: 3 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Howard, 1 stoppable.

Blues vs Lightning: 1 goal against Vasilevskiy and it's stoppable. Darren Pang seemed to agree. Binnington gets the shutout.

Stars vs Predators: 3 goals against Khudobin, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable.

Oilers vs Wild: 1 goal against Talbot, no chance. 3 goals against Dubnyk, 1 stoppable. Probably softy of the night if there weren't so many games tonight.

Canucks vs Blackhawks: 4 goals against Markstrom, no chance any. 3 goals against Delia, 1 stoppable.

Sharks vs Flames: 2 goals against Jones, no chance on either. 2 goals against Rittich, both are stoppable and he's yanked. 3 goals against Smith and surprisingly no chance on any.

Blue Jackets vs Coyotes: 2 goals against Bobrovsky, both are stoppable. He was pathetic again. 4 goals against Kuemper, 2 stoppable. One was softy of the night material.

So that's 76 goals scored on goalies tonight, 26 were stoppable. That's a little over 34% of the goals tonight were stoppable. Very bad night of goaltending, lots of really weak goals from dead angles and super clean shots. As bad as goaltending looked to me tonight, combined save percentages were .922%. There were A LOT of shots on goal tonight.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There were quite a few really brutally soft goals tonight, but this one is softy of the night on Copley. You won't see many goals like this after 1983 or so.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I hope the flyers keep going on this tear and make the playoffs. Get them out of the lottery. They are going to get bounced in the first round just like we did anyway. They aren't the worst team in the league, but they aren't good either. They'd likely be the weakest team in the playoffs in they make it.

Reactions: Dialamo and mtnet

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I hope the flyers keep going on this tear and make the playoffs. Get them out of the lottery. They are going to get bounced in the first round just like we did anyway. They aren't the worst team in the league, but they aren't good either. They'd likely be the weakest team in the playoffs in they make it.

Likewise, would love to see them narrowly make it or just barely miss

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
INB4 Flyers go on a run like in 2010 :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
INB4 Flyers go on a run like in 2010 :sarcasm:
49811.jpg

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Esa Tikkanen looks old as f***. He looks at least 65. I knew he couldn't be that old, but was surprised to see he only just turned 54. Thought he was pushing 60 and in his very late 50's. He looks 65.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Just put this Ranger game on and it's 94 night and the lower bowl is half empty in a tie game in the 3rd. And Ranger fans comment on our attendance?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If that's the only goal of the night, we'll might have a 100% stoppable goal percentage for the evening since this is the only game of the night.

That one went in off Lundqvist's glove.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Esa Tikkanen looks old as ****. He looks at least 65. I knew he couldn't be that old, but was surprised to see he only just turned 54. Thought he was pushing 60 and in his very late 50's. He looks 65.
I thought he was some coach or non-playing member from the 94 team. Looked too old to have still played in 94. I thought he was Kovalev’s dad. He looks old enough sitting next to him and they aren’t far in age. unrecognizable until you find a pic of him from back in his days of play. If you find an old image of him on the goog from his playing days he looked like someone that would get an old look fast. His NJD stint was hella-random. I smeared him on those AOL forums during the infancy of the webz. Some dumb Raggies fans told me to show some respect to a future HOF. Something that none of that NJD team would ever breed. That was right after his 9 game NJD trip. His career came to a halt shortly after and there were 3 NJD’s on the team then that are now in the hall.

Reactions: David Conte

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg

Another big win for Raleigh. They're white hot and just keep winning. Huge game from Mrazek, who stood on his head to shutout a very good team that gave it their all tonight in front of the 94 cup legends.

Reactions: Cage Helmet

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
If that's the only goal of the night, we'll might have a 100% stoppable goal percentage for the evening since this is the only game of the night.

That one went in off Lundqvist's glove.
He probably should have had had it yeah. I wouldn’t say the Rooney goal on Greiss was one I’d call saveable. If only because he was out challenging and pretty far out from the blue paint. I watched on the fly last night and saw some other gloveside shots that I thought shouldn’t have gone in. One on Hellebuyck where he was all the way in the blue paint and deep in crease not challenging. If the tender is out of the blue paint and gets beaten to the trapper I would give him a pass. Unless it was at a tough angle or from downtown. I did see you only counted KK on one saveable against LAK and I thought at least two were. He was off his angle on a couple of them. His angles have been weak lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad