OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't think there is a better team in the league at flipping a switch to "score a bunch of goals when we are way out of a game" mode than the flyers. It really hides a lot of their warts. A lot of their games appear much closer than they are.

Hows the crowd tonight?

Lots of boos?

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Petterson was ruled out of the game like immediately following that. Did not look good at all. The nucks board must be in shambles right now

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight. I went to bed early and didn't catch many games.

Wild vs Maple Leafs: 3 goals against Dubnyk, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Hutchinson, 1 stoppable.

Flames vs Bruins: 5 goals against Smith, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Halak, 1 stoppable. There were 3 softy of the night candidates in this game. 1 from Halak and 2 from (big surprise) Mike Smith.

Panthers vs Sabres: 4 goals against Luongo, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Ullmark, 1 stoppable. 2 pucks through Luongo this game. He's looking shot lately.

Hurricanes vs Flyers: 3 goals against Mrazek, no chance on any. 5 goals against Neuvirth, 3 stoppable. Neuvirth was already killing them this game, then gives up an awfully soft game winner with minutes left in regulation after the Flyers looked like they were possibly gonna tie it.

Blackhawks vs Islanders: 3 goals against Delia, no chance on any. 2 goals against Lehner, no chance on either.

Canucks vs Canadiens: 2 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable. Price gets the shutout.

Capitals vs Blues: 5 goals against Holtby, no chance on any. 2 goals against Allen, no chance on either. I was 50/50 on one of those goals against Allen.

Lightning vs Kings: 2 goals against Vasilevskiy, no chance on either. 6 goals against Quick, no chance on any of them.

So that's 53 goals scored on goalies tonight, 13 were stoppable. That's about 24.5% of the goals tonight were stoppable. That's lower than I expected when I was halfway through this review. I thought it was gonna be one of those nights where at least 33% of them were stoppable, due to how brutal Dubnyk, Smith, Luongo and Neuvirth all were and seeing that Quick was lit up for 6 and Holtby for 5, none of which they had any chance on after I reviewed the games. Combined save percentages were a dead on .900%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night was really hard to do. Smith, Halak, Luongo and Neuvirth all gave up some really pathetically soft goals tonight. Luongo had two pucks go right through him, Neuvirth gave up a few weak ones and a really awful game winner. Halak on a dead angle. Mike Smith with his usual. So I'm do three softies of the night and let others decide which one they think it should be, which I've done before.

First one is this goal on Mike Smith. I didn't even know this was from John Moore until I went back to look for the video after my review was finished.

This dead angle goal on Halak from the same game

And then this one Neuvirth. Smith allowed one similar to this in his game also, but because it was from much closer range, I didn't use that for softy of the night.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Couple of notes.

Anyone who thinks my grading is too tough, I didn't even nail Lehner on that Patrick Kane goal. It was a fluttering puck that Kane didn't even get everything on it, due to his stick breaking. It was one timed and fluttered in on Lehner. If this wasn't a one timer (unless it was from the point) I would have nailed him on it, but that happening on a one timer, it may as well be a deflection. It's as dangerous as one.

Hart was awful in his last game, every goal I've nailed him on came in that game. Flyers fans should boycott if Neuvirth plays the next game. He was pathetic last night and wasn't good in the game before that, which went unnoticed due to his team being shutout.

The new Nassau Coliseum looks pretty nice. Much better atmosphere, no stupid SUV in the corner. It's much more lively. The Islanders need to seriously see about moving there permanently until the new arena is completed. I don't see any sense in playing half the games in Brooklyn still. The players and staff live out in Nassau County, they will draw more fans out there. I don't see how you can keep playing in Barclays Center after the old building has now been an option.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Couple of notes.

Anyone who thinks my grading is too tough, I didn't even nail Lehner on that Patrick Kane goal. It was a fluttering puck that Kane didn't even get everything on it, due to his stick breaking. It was one timed and fluttered in on Lehner. If this wasn't a one timer (unless it was from the point) I would have nailed him on it, but that happening on a one timer, it may as well be a deflection. It's as dangerous as one.

Hart was awful in his last game, every goal I've nailed him on came in that game. Flyers fans should boycott if Neuvirth plays the next game. He was pathetic last night and wasn't good in the game before that, which went unnoticed due to his team being shutout.

The new Nassau Coliseum looks pretty nice. Much better atmosphere, no stupid SUV in the corner. It's much more lively. The Islanders need to seriously see about moving there permanently until the new arena is completed. I don't see any sense in playing half the games in Brooklyn still. The players and staff live out in Nassau County, they will draw more fans out there. I don't see how you can keep playing in Barclays Center after the old building has now been an option.

Where any of the 5 against Blackwood soft?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Where any of the 5 against Blackwood soft?
I don't have him down for any stoppable goals yet, which is also not sustainable.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a 2 goal against game and one of the goals ends up being a poor one. It would be his first of the season.

My initial thought was the fifth goal in the last game was his first stoppable, but I immediately went back on that after seeing the first replay during the game.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It really doesn't matter how tough your grading is as long as it's consistent.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Couple of notes.

I was at the 2nd game there.... they basically removed a whole level and added a walk around concourse in the areana, so the actual concourse isnt super crowded. Bathroom lines haven't changed. The seats are all new and black. The sound system at least in section 220 wasnt working as the speaker kept switching off every 30 seconds. The food vendors have been upgraded... I strongly recommend the Vincent's clam bar for food... it's one of the best Italian food places on LI

Visually the jumbotron is over center ice, and obv no yes u v(what its know here on the island). The scoreboard is worse then where I play hockey and doesnt have room to list anything more then goals and time. No shots on there or penalty mins. To see a penalty they put it on the bottom right in black and make it insanely small that you cant see the player or time left on the penalty.
The way I see things happening is barclays eventually will give all isles games to nvmc. Barclays cant wait to be done with the isles as they barely get 9k at barclays now that fans can just wait and go to the Coliseum which is easier to get to for mostly everyone on LI.

A small update on belmont (their new areana).... no shovel has been put in the ground and are still on the environmental study. Lirr still has 0 real plan for train service to belmont. Its nassau county, no way in hell this gets built on time

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was at the 2nd game there.... they basically removed a whole level and added a walk around concourse in the areana, so the actual concourse isnt super crowded. Bathroom lines haven't changed. The seats are all new and black. The sound system at least in section 220 wasnt working as the speaker kept switching off every 30 seconds. The food vendors have been upgraded... I strongly recommend the Vincent's clam bar for food... it's one of the best Italian food places on LI

Visually the jumbotron is over center ice, and obv no yes u v(what its know here on the island). The scoreboard is worse then where I play hockey and doesnt have room to list anything more then goals and time. No shots on there or penalty mins. To see a penalty they put it on the bottom right in black and make it insanely small that you cant see the player or time left on the penalty.
The way I see things happening is barclays eventually will give all isles games to nvmc. Barclays cant wait to be done with the isles as they barely get 9k at barclays now that fans can just wait and go to the Coliseum which is easier to get to for mostly everyone on LI.

A small update on belmont (their new areana).... no shovel has been put in the ground and are still on the environmental study. Lirr still has 0 real plan for train service to belmont. Its nassau county, no way in hell this gets built on time
The scoreboard is really that bad at the new Nassau? I'm not even sure they planned to ever play hockey there again when the renovations were happening. I know the Islanders weren't expected to ever play there again. They did talk about their moving the Bridgeport AHL team there.

If I'm ever up again in-season (I haven't been in 6 years, minus the Marty and Patty jersey retirement games) I do wanna see a game there. I always liked seeing games there, I usually just had to go on weekends or holiday's like MLK or Black Friday, which we played there a lot on those days. It was way too far and too much traffic on a weeknight to go there and be there in time for a game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rangers are garbage
This is making the ''Rags will finish with 20 points more than us'' prediction look pretty bad right now. Or whatever the absurd figure was. It might not have been 20 points, but it was close enough.

Even in this garbage throwaway season for us.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Another big win tonight for the surging Rawly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad