OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight.

Devils vs Coyotes: 2 goals against Kinkaid, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Kuemper, no chance on either.

Jets vs Penguins: 3 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on any. Murray gets the shutout.

Predators vs Red Wings: 4 goals against Rinne, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Howard, no chance on any.

Blue Jackets vs Hurricanes: 3 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable. Possible softy of the night. 2 goals against McElhinney, 1 stoppable. Each goalie allowed a weird glove side floater on harmless shots. McElhinney might have been a little screened by one random skater, so his was a little less bad.

Capitals vs Stars: 2 goals against Copley, no chance on either. 1 goal against Khudobin and it's stoppable.

Rangers vs Avalanche: 6 goals against Georgiev, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Grubauer, no chance. I usually don't nail the goalie when he's beaten through the 5-hole due to a failed poke check attempt.

Golden Knights vs Ducks: 3 goals against Gibson, no chance on any. 2 goals against Fleury, no chance on either. First goal on Gibson was a bit borderline. Not sure if he was that screened on it. I've probably nailed goalies on allowing this before, but I think he deserves a break for the fact that this was a bullshit goal on a delayed penalty, where Gibson touched the puck quite a bit before the goal was scored. It should have been whistled and they should have went to the power play. It was a bullshit goal that should have blown dead well before that shot was taken.

So that's 34 goals scored on goalies tonight, 7 were stoppable. That's a bit under 21% of the goals allowed tonight were stoppable. Goalies played pretty well on the eye test tonight. Save percentage certainly corroborates that as save percentages were a combined .925% tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty easy softy of the night with this one on Bobrovsky. That deflected off of nothing other than Bobrovsky's glove.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Random Matt Murray note. He had a disgustingly bad save percentage before he came back from injury, yet I didn't have him down for many stoppable goals at all. He had a very low percentage for how low his save percentage was. He's been real good since he came back and was at like .876% or something before that and is now at .913% and has one of the lowest stoppable goal percentages on my count. These are the odds evening out. He probably didn't deserve to have an .876% after those games early in the season. I will agree that save percentage over a small amount of games doesn't necessarily tell the story. It's like using John Quenneville's great corsi over his first 4 or 5 games before he got demoted the first time. But I've always said that. Murray is just a prime example of it.

Reactions: Dialamo

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Philly’s record since letting Hackstol go is a sobering reminder that firing a coach is not a panacea and often gives only a few games bump before leaving things the same or even making them worse.

Their roster has talent. They have pushback etc. I can’t inagibe they are this bad or that their goaltending has singlehandedly lost them so many games. Really surprising but it looks to me like something is wrong that goes beyond coaching or goalies.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Philly’s record since letting Hackstol go is a sobering reminder that firing a coach is not a panacea and often gives only a few games bump before leaving things the same or even making them worse.
Hakstol was awful, but Scott Gordon has a history of being a terrible coach at this level. He was also a terrible goaltender.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Their roster has talent. They have pushback etc. I can’t inagibe they are this bad or that their goaltending has singlehandedly lost them so many games. Really surprising but it looks to me like something is wrong that goes beyond coaching or goalies.
Their goaltending has been even worse than ours this year. They lost Elliott to injury almost two months ago when we played them and he was the only average goalie they've had this year.

They've used about 3 or 4 different AHL goalies and Neuvirth, who is once again injured. Neuvirth has been almost as bad as Cory this year and keeps coming in and out of the lineup with injuries. I think his career is soon to be over also. No one will sign him as a UFA because he gets injured all the time.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Their goaltending has been even worse than ours this year. They lost Elliott to injury almost two months ago when we played them and he was the only average goalie they've had this year.

They've used about 3 or 4 different AHL goalies and Neuvirth, who is once again injured. Neuvirth has been almost as bad as Cory this year and keeps coming in and out of the lineup with injuries. I think his career is soon to be over also. No one will sign him as a UFA because he gets injured all the time.

They are in tank mode

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->