Rancho Cucamonga, CA
AHLTV pricing for 21-22

All Access (all teams, all games + playoffs) 104.99
All Access (all teams, all games regular season only) 84.99
Regular season, one team, Home & Away games 64.99
Regular season, one team, Home OR away games 44.99
Monthly pass, all games, one month 22.99
Daily pass, all games, one day. 7.99

I have the 64.99 package which covers all Reign games, which works out to $0.95 cents per game. It does not look like they have updated the sign up page yet. I received the information from an e-mail since my subscription is on auto-renewal. I would imagine they will update the page in the near future.

The one team package does not include playoff games. If the Reign make the playoffs and you have the one team package, you will have to purchase those games separately to watch. They may offer a package for your team at that time at an additional cost as they have done in the past.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Any guess on what Ontario's lines will look like?

Thanks!!!

The Kings have an absurd number of forwards under contract, between the NHL and AHL deals. So, without having any idea who makes the Kings, who gets hurt, etc, maybe reaaaaaaly roughly

Tkachev Turcotte Kaliyev
Tynen Byfield Kupari
Sutter Madden Fagemo
Thomas Anderson-Dolan Frk

Extra forwards being:
Dudas
Burke
Johnson
Sodergran
Doty
Kemp
Pavlychev

Wolanin Clague
Spence Durzi
Strand Grans

Extra defesemen:
Phillips
Moverare

Goalies are a pretty big pile too:
Sparks
Villalta
Ingham
Parik
Lethemon

So all that is assuming junior players (other than Byfield) all return to junior, and nobody is picked off waivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Basilisk

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
The Kings have an absurd number of forwards under contract, between the NHL and AHL deals. So, without having any idea who makes the Kings, who gets hurt, etc, maybe reaaaaaaly roughly

Tkachev Turcotte Kaliyev
Tynen Byfield Kupari
Sutter Madden Fagemo

Extra forwards being:
Dudas
Burke
Johnson
Sodergran
Doty
Kemp
Pavlychev

Wolanin Clague
Spence Durzi
Strand Grans

Extra defesemen:
Phillips
Moverare

Sparks
Villalta
Ingham
Parik
Lethemon

So all that is assuming junior players (other than Byfield) all return to junior, and nobody is picked off waivers.

I think Clague is our 7th d-man or with another team. I don't think they risk waivers.

I think Tkachev is with the Kings or in the KHL.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
AHLTV pricing for 21-22

All Access (all teams, all games + playoffs) 104.99
All Access (all teams, all games regular season only) 84.99
Regular season, one team, Home & Away games 64.99
Regular season, one team, Home OR away games 44.99
Monthly pass, all games, one month 22.99
Daily pass, all games, one day. 7.99

I have the 64.99 package which covers all Reign games, which works out to $0.95 cents per game. It does not look like they have updated the sign up page yet. I received the information from an e-mail since my subscription is on auto-renewal. I would imagine they will update the page in the near future.

The one team package does not include playoff games. If the Reign make the playoffs and you have the one team package, you will have to purchase those games separately to watch. They may offer a package for your team at that time at an additional cost as they have done in the past.

Hoping they do some discount promo. I could have sworn that's how I subscribed a few years ago otherwise I would have not. But we'll see.

Last edited:

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
I am going to be providing vid and write ups for my team (the Spokane Chiefs) if anyone is interested. This year I will only be providing a contract service doing some advance scouting work as well as doing some work in NWCA in the WHL. I will post them here. Thanks for the package info on AHL tv. At work I have all the coverage I need but as I am working out of my home office some of the time and the internet here is just almost non existent I will have to find a location (probably my shop) and a better service. Can't wait to watch the reign again this season.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Thinking we'll need an updated 2021-22 thread here.

Hoping that Madden has a healthy season. Would like to see what he's capable of. Shoot-out goal aside, I'm guessing they'd like to see more of a complete game from the kid.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
What players can go to the ECHL?
Players on NHL entry level contracts can be assigned to the ECHL. Players on NHL contracts that are not ELC's may not be assigned to the ECHL without their permission. Players on AHL contracts can generally be assigned to the ECHL as we have often seen in the past, but there may be a provision in the specific players contracts at the AHL level that prohibit them from being sent down. That last part is speculation by me, so don't take the prohibition as gospel.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA

Tkachev Turcotte Kaliyev
Tynen Byfield Kupari
Sutter Madden Fagemo

Extra forwards being:
Dudas
Burke
Johnson
Sodergran
Doty
Kemp
Pavlychev

Wolanin Clague
Spence Durzi
Strand Grans

Extra defesemen:
Phillips
Moverare

Sparks
Villalta
Ingham
Parik
Lethemon

The line up above is coming closer. You can take Frk, Thomas and Tkachev out.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I thought Movarare was the best dman last year on the reign he may get snatched up on wavers. Not sure who's going to step up if both Clague and Movarare are gone. The forward group will be playing together again and a year older so that'll for sure be a lot more intriguing then watching Lizotte get pushed around every game. Lol. I do think a few of the the kids will be getting a few games with the big club. Especially Kaliyev, Fagemo, and Turcotte maybe Kupari. I might just have to get that AHL package again this year. But maybe not cuz that damn cameraman ain't going nowhere.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Are they still going to be playing in practice facilities though? I mean if they're actually playing in Citizens Bank then the cameraman and angles can't be that bad...I didn't subscribe to AHL TV prior to the pandemic so I have no idea if the cameraman is terrible in the real arena.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Are they still going to be playing in practice facilities though? I mean if they're actually playing in Citizens Bank then the cameraman and angles can't be that bad...I didn't subscribe to AHL TV prior to the pandemic so I have no idea if the cameraman is terrible in the real arena.

They will be playing in Ontario which is a plus, but the Kings vs Kings game they played last week the camera operator I swear has never seen a hockey game before. He was that bad.

Reactions: ru4reals

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

As said above, they will be playing in Ontario at Toyota Arena with fans. We've had some pretty poor camera operators before at the arena for hockey, seems like they hire new people every time. I'm not sure who hires the camera operators. Camera work has generally gotten better as the season has progressed. Yes, it's been that bad before too. Attendance is usually about 7000 to 8000 per game after the holidays, but I suspect this year with the restrictions (unless they are lifted) attendance is going to suffer quite a bit.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
As said above, they will be playing in Ontario at Toyota Arena with fans. We've had some pretty poor camera operators before at the arena for hockey, seems like they hire new people every time. I'm not sure who hires the camera operators. Camera work has generally gotten better as the season has progressed. Yes, it's been that bad before too. Attendance is usually about 7000 to 8000 per game after the holidays, but I suspect this year with the restrictions (unless they are lifted) attendance is going to suffer quite a bit.

The NHL broadcast includes a production team orchestrating the event. I wonder what the footprint is for the AHL production and whether the camera operator(s?) have anyone helping them out. Right now, it comes across as a shoestring budget affair. Given the quality of the in arena experience, hopefully they put some more resources behind the streaming product.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Well that sucks about the cameraman quality in normal times because the arena is nice. I used to live in Ontario and I live in Eastvale now. So I've been to more than a handful of Reign games pre-covid. Hopefully they up their broadcast game.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Surprised they don't just pull interns from Chaffey or the tv/communications program at CSUSB
You think being the Los Angeles market you'd be able to find competent people. It's a huge part of promoting the team, and since we are paying for the product, we should expect some quality. It's not going to be NHL quality on a shoestring budget, but they seem to have this problem every year, which leads me to believe the turnover is constant. I just don't know who hires them. The Reign? The AHL? The City of Ontario (who own the arena), ASM Global (the new company formed with AEG facilities and SMG merged) who run the facility?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad