Ontario Reign 20-21 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
That report is wildly inaccurate. The deal was already set, not for any of those pieces, and the only reason it didn't happen was that they gave Pacioretty minimal time to sign off on a 6 x 6 contract and he was so upset by the way it was handled that he fired his agent.

Muzzin was the pro player because of the contract. They needed to clear more than what Toffoli was being paid to gain the cap space needed for Pacioretty AND Kovalchuk, not one or the other.

Wasn’t trying to step on your toes by posting what a professional had reported. Trying to work on this together. Do you happen to have any links or articles discussing kings moving Muzzin in the trade?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don’t trust Alan Walsh, guy’s a sideshow. A theory I have is they didn’t tell Fleury about the deal being complete until after because Walsh would have sabotaged it. That Tweet was so embarrassing.

The way I see it if the general public knows an agent's name for any reason other than sheer volume/visibility of clients, they're probably a huge f***ing tool. Ahoy, Scott Boras, Alan Walsh!

I actually like following Walsh on twitter and he's generally an entertaining dude but I would NEVER want to do business with him because he's just so god damn noisy. Those are the kind of deals where EVERYONE is exhausted and grumpy and can't wait to sign and walk away.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The way I see it if the general public knows an agent's name for any reason other than sheer volume/visibility of clients, they're probably a huge f***ing tool. Ahoy, Scott Boras, Alan Walsh!

I actually like following Walsh on twitter and he's generally an entertaining dude but I would NEVER want to do business with him because he's just so god damn noisy. Those are the kind of deals where EVERYONE is exhausted and grumpy and can't wait to sign and walk away.

Yea, Walsh just kind of comes off in the wrong way in a lot of his dealings. It's like he doesn't know how to draw the line or not make himself the center of attention.

A guy like Meehan gets a lot of hate, that Doughty holdout still pisses me off. But he doesn't come off as a bad guy, he's just a tough negotiator who does his job to the max. At the end of the day, everyone seems satisfied with those deals and there are no hard feelings. I don't sense that at all with Walsh.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Looks like Moverare is close to re-signing.
I'm really interested to see if his game translates well to the NHL level.
Might not get a chance next season though with the big log jam on the left side, Anderson, Bjornfot, Edler, Maatta, Clague, Wolanin.

Reactions: kinghock

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

I've heard him in a few interviews and thought he was incredibly smart and very approachable. I have a lot of respect for what he's built up. BUT like you said the noise is very strange. One interview I heard he was asked about the sword meme and he completely dodged it. Listen, if you're going to run your mouth fine, but just man up and answer for it. It's awful what happened around that time in Fleury's life (his dad passed away), but this wasn't the VGK betraying him, that's ridiculous. His play was sub-par and they needed an upgrade so they got Lehner, who's a total stud. This was about the team on the ice and DeBoer NEVER treated him poorly. Just so much personal emotional drama that shouldn't even be there, live in the shadows behind your client.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've heard him in a few interviews and thought he was incredibly smart and very approachable. I have a lot of respect for what he's built up. BUT like you said the noise is very strange. One interview I heard he was asked about the sword meme and he completely dodged it. Listen, if you're going to run your mouth fine, but just man up and answer for it. It's awful what happened around that time in Fleury's life (his dad passed away), but this wasn't the VGK betraying him, that's ridiculous. His play was sub-par and they needed an upgrade so they got Lehner, who's a total stud. This was about the team on the ice and DeBoer NEVER treated him poorly. Just so much personal emotional drama that shouldn't even be there, live in the shadows behind your client.

Absolutely--why I'm careful to separate the personality/person from his 'act' or whatever. I actually generally very much appreciate him, and I understand 'public negotiations' for sure. But sometimes you just need to put your head down and do your job rather than be the center of attention. He's the MLB umpire of agents :P

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Absolutely--why I'm careful to separate the personality/person from his 'act' or whatever. I actually generally very much appreciate him, and I understand 'public negotiations' for sure. But sometimes you just need to put your head down and do your job rather than be the center of attention. He's the MLB umpire of agents :P

He's the Enrico Palazzo of umpires.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
He's the Enrico Palazzo of umpires.

BestMisguidedBalloonfish-max-1mb.gif

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
what the hell

I need a degree in computer science to understand this

I think the implication is that nine teams don't participate in the first round of the AHL playoffs, but fourteen other teams do compete in the first round.

Doesn't make much sense, isn't very fair, is too complicated to justify/figure out, and probably biased beyond belief. Probably schemed up by some fired/failed government official.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Orrrr…it’s a development league, and it’s a way to get more teams more high intensity games.

Not to mention after COVID, probably an extra playoff game or 2 for owners would help financially.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Kings top prospects point total the last 24 AHL games (allowing for rookie adjustment time to the pro level at the start of the season, takes time to adjust for most rookie players)

Kaliyev 21 pts 19 year old season
Turcotte 20 pts 19 year old season
Thomas 20 pts 20 year old season
Byfield 16 pts 18 year old season
Kupari 14 pts 20 year old season
Fagemo 13 pts 20 year old season
Madden not included, injured most of year

Defense
Durzi 15 pts 22 year old season
Moverare 15 pts 22 year old season
Clague 12 pts 22 year old season (only play 23 games, not 24 as these total are based upon).

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
With Tynen, Johnson, and Burke, there should be some real veteran offense. Those three can all pile up points in the AHL.

Then you add in our forward prospects that all project for offense, offense, offense.

The stay-at-home D types seem to have been moved out or moved on, and we'll have a team full of puck-movers... Spence, Durzi, Moverare, Clague...

Goaltending still blows, though.

Looks like they're going to try to win 6-5 every night.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
2021 ROOKIE FACEOFF SCHEDULE

Friday, September 17
3:00 pm – Los Angeles at Colorado (Ice Den)
5:00 pm – San Jose at Anaheim (Ice Den)
7:30 pm – Vegas at Arizona (Gila River Arena)

Sunday, September 19
2:00 pm – Vegas at San Jose (Ice Den)
4:00 pm – Colorado at Anaheim (Ice Den)
6:30 pm – Los Angeles at Arizona (Gila River Arena)

Monday, September 20
9:00 am – San Jose at Colorado (Ice Den)
11:00 am – Los Angeles at Vegas (Ice Den)
12:00 pm – Anaheim at Arizona (Gila River Arena)

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
With Tynen, Johnson, and Burke, there should be some real veteran offense. Those three can all pile up points in the AHL.

Then you add in our forward prospects that all project for offense, offense, offense.

The stay-at-home D types seem to have been moved out or moved on, and we'll have a team full of puck-movers... Spence, Durzi, Moverare, Clague...

Goaltending still blows, though.

Looks like they're going to try to win 6-5 every night.

It could be wide open for sure. Strand and Phillips the only stay at home types. Grans is offensive minded too. Reported he is coming over also.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
2021 ROOKIE FACEOFF SCHEDULE

Friday, September 17
3:00 pm – Los Angeles at Colorado (Ice Den)
5:00 pm – San Jose at Anaheim (Ice Den)
7:30 pm – Vegas at Arizona (Gila River Arena)

Sunday, September 19
2:00 pm – Vegas at San Jose (Ice Den)
4:00 pm – Colorado at Anaheim (Ice Den)
6:30 pm – Los Angeles at Arizona (Gila River Arena)

Monday, September 20
9:00 am – San Jose at Colorado (Ice Den)
11:00 am – Los Angeles at Vegas (Ice Den)
12:00 pm – Anaheim at Arizona (Gila River Arena)

I’m mulling over going out to Phoenix to watch these games. A lot will depend on the rosters and how excruciatingly hot it will be outside.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I’m mulling over going out to Phoenix to watch these games. A lot will depend on the rosters and how excruciatingly hot it will be outside.

Was considering as well but will see how travel-weary I am by mid-next-month, heh...but i"m just so hockey starved it might happen

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Was considering as well but will see how travel-weary I am by mid-next-month, heh...but i"m just so hockey starved it might happen

Looks like tickets are $10 each and two of the Kings games are in Scottsdale, one in the Phoenix area.

Reactions: Lt Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->