Ontario Reign 20-21 part II Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Whoa what's up with Toby? Is he benched.

As Chazz said, absolute zero to worry about. Kings move roster players all the time (those who don't have to clear waivers) onto the taxi squad on off days. Why? It saves money. Bjornfot is paid his AHL wage on the taxi squad, his NHL wage while on the NHL roster. Look for him to be moved back on Wednesday.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Andersson is the bottom of the barrel among all of the Kings forwards in Corsi, Corsi relative, and most importantly, GA/60 at even strength. He is by far statistically the worst defensive forward on the team, and it's not even close. A goals against rate of 5.3 per 60 minutes is nearly a full two goals higher than the next forward (Lizotte and Carter). It's right up there bad with MacDermid (5.7) Therefore, he lacks the coaching staffs trust. Plus his face off percentage as a center is a paltry 35%. Same issues he had in NY. Kings took a chance with this trade, the early returns are not promising but it's still the start of the process. Hopefully he pans out. Andersson will play with the Reign for a while, hopefully gets some of his game back.

Dayum you just had to throw stats at me huh. ;) But yeah I figure he was pretty bad at something or things. My eye stats still think Amadio is still terrible, but I hear ya.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Andersson is the bottom of the barrel among all of the Kings forwards in Corsi, Corsi relative, and most importantly, GA/60 at even strength. He is by far statistically the worst defensive forward on the team, and it's not even close. A goals against rate of 5.3 per 60 minutes is nearly a full two goals higher than the next forward (Lizotte and Carter). It's right up there bad with MacDermid (5.7) Therefore, he lacks the coaching staffs trust. Plus his face off percentage as a center is a paltry 35%. Same issues he had in NY. Kings took a chance with this trade, the early returns are not promising but it's still the start of the process. Hopefully he pans out. Andersson will play with the Reign for a while, hopefully gets some of his game back.
I think part of the issue is figuring out his role. For a start is he a W or a C? I know he considers himself to be a pivot but at the NHL level he could easily end up a winger. There are parts to his game I like but he needs to put it altogether. Whilst I’m a big advocate of statistics when used properly the sample size on Andersson is too small to draw any conclusions especially when he wasn’t very involved in the Kings best run of form (his absence certainly isn’t a reason why the team improved before anyone says it). Not being part of that run will have skewed the differential when compared with his teammates. I think it’s also fair to say some of his deployments and line-mates seemed experimental at times which lends itself to the notion they are still trying to find out how best to deploy him. It’s way to early to draw any conclusions apart from him needing some good game time.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I think part of the issue is figuring out his role. For a start is he a W or a C? I know he considers himself to be a pivot but at the NHL level he could easily end up a winger. There are parts to his game I like but he needs to put it altogether. Whilst I’m a big advocate of statistics when used properly the sample size on Andersson is too small to draw any conclusions especially when he wasn’t very involved in the Kings best run of form (his absence certainly isn’t a reason why the team improved before anyone says it). Not being part of that run will have skewed the differential when compared with his teammates. I think it’s also fair to say some of his deployments and line-mates seemed experimental at times which lends itself to the notion they are still trying to find out how best to deploy him. It’s way to early to draw any conclusions apart from him needing some good game time.
It'd be good to start him at wing; take the pressure off a bit. Small sample size or not, he's being eaten alive at the NHL level in the defensive zone. AHL time is appropriate for him. You saw with JAD that he was pretty overwhelmed last two call-ups, but this season he's come in with a focus and had an impact in all three zones. Lias Andersson needs that kind of development time, because right now he's just running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
EARLY LOOK: Ontario Reign Lineup Notes vs Gulls, Significant Changes Expected

Ontario Reign Projected Lineup for Wed. 3/3 vs. San Diego Gulls
Mikey Eyssimont – Akil Thomas – Aidan Dudas
Lias Andersson – Rasmus Kupari – Sammy Fagemo
Tyler Madden – Quinton Byfield – Arthur Kaliyev
Blaine Byron – Brett Sutter – Jacob Doty

Kale Clague – Austin Strand
Cole Hults – Mark Alt
Cameron Gaunce – Sean Durzi

JF Berube (starter)
Troy Grosenick

That looks like a more competitive lineup. Hopefully they play well tonight.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
This team for the most part constantly comes out like gangbusters but always end up in the losing end. Hoping with the new boys in town they will win a few more.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Ooops!!! Well looks like Grosinick have been bitten but the Villalta/Berube Bug.

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020
Isn't there one decent goaltender in the organization for the Reign. This is freaking painful...and discouraging for the skaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad